[Game Update] - 497296

• Developer

Changes:

• Lobby region registration is now determined by geo DNS.
  • Lobby region migration is now supported in cases of lobby server outages.
  • Turfs stack was increased from 10 to 20.
  • Birds no longer drop Adverts. 
  • Adverts are now learnable like Blue Prints and are no longer placed inside a Tackle Receptacle.

Fixes:

• Fixed an error with the Ancient Guardian’s jump attack
  • Fixed some Ancient Pseudoscience Stations recipes
  • Fixed the Pinetree Pioneer Hat to be crafted by Walter, not Wurt.
  • Fixed the Strident Trident to require the blueprint to craft
  • Fixed Maxwell’s shadow minions to be in the Codex Umbra’s filter, sanity cost, and to not be prototyped.
  • Deerclops and Ancient Guardian won’t hurt Shadows now.
  • Fixed ground pound and Deerclops attacks from hitting multiple times now.
  • Gravestones no longer block movement.
  • Typing the text search will no longer move the character
  • Note for modders: Please use ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() before handling hotkeys to prevent them from triggering while players are searching in the crafting menu.

View full update

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer
Just now, Mr.Tarunio said:

Late hound waves have some groups of hounds condensed into Varglets, smaller cousin to the Varg

This didn't actually make it into this update. It'll be in a hotfix tomorrow most likely.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 2

Just now, Nickolai said:

Then how do we get the different bird adverts now?

With this beta, you no longer needed the adverts anymore since you can learn their recipe in the new crafting menu, making the adverts redundant.

If you want to learn adverts, either get the bps from the birds or use the Tackle Receptacle, as they will available upon creating it.

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

Note for modders: Please use ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() before handling hotkeys to prevent them from triggering while players are searching in the crafting menu.

Is there a way to specifically see if the player's typing in the search bar instead of just having the crafting menu open? In case we want some actions to be doable as long as the player isn't typing in the search bar?

3 hours ago, PeterA said:

Adverts are now learnable like Blue Prints and are no longer placed inside a Tackle Receptacle.

Awww... I actually liked that function. And the animation that comes with it

• Like 2

• Developer
1 hour ago, . . . said:

Is there a way to specifically see if the player's typing in the search bar instead of just having the crafting menu open? In case we want some actions to be doable as long as the player isn't typing in the search bar?

ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() does that. There is IsCraftingOpen() for if the menu is open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
3 hours ago, lakhnish said:

What does this mean? It is beyond my comprehension.

We used to determine which lobby region your server would register to by pinging various servers. A few months ago we had a big outage that was caused by a region's lobby server going down, but the ping server in that region was still up. We've since reworked how our lobby system is architected, by having your region determined automatically at the DNS level. This way in the future if a region goes down, we can easily have the servers re-register in a different region. That's something we didn't support before. If a region went down, the game servers needed to restart to be in an active region. This is no longer the case, game servers/clusters can migrate regions now.

The end result is that players should have a more stable experience in the event of server outages.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I recommend for Klei to atleast make the armor affect the mightiness loss when taking damage. Wolfgang shouldn't get scared that much when he wears a good armor like marble suits. It is nice that we can kite with marble suits. But atleast we could make use of that 95% damage reduction to tank even for just a little bit. it really helps especially for beequeen fight.

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() does that. There is IsCraftingOpen() for if the menu is open.

It does? I don't know if I'm missing something, but using this code to test on Wilson

Spoiler

local function IsCraftingBlockingGameplay(inst)
	if inst.HUD then
		print("Crafting open:", inst.HUD:IsCraftingOpen())
		print("Crafting blocking gameplay:", inst.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay())
	end
end
local function Task(inst)
	inst:DoPeriodicTask(.5, IsCraftingBlockingGameplay)
end	
AddPrefabPostInit("wilson", Task)

both of the functions display as true when the crafting menu is just open which in case of IsCraftingOpen() it makes sense, but IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() seems to actually become false when you're using the search bar.. is that supposed to happen? (I tested on a server without caves BTW)

I'm doing a check like this to prevent my custom actions from triggering when chat, console, and signs are active. Would you maybe know what I'd need to do to make it take into account the new crafting menu's search bar being written into (not the entire crafting menu just being open)?

When I set to check for if IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() is false my actions are only able to be done while I'm using the search bar (lol), when it's set to check if it's true I can only do actions when the crafting menu is open, but not while using the search bar..

Spoiler

if ThePlayer.HUD and not (ThePlayer.HUD:IsChatInputScreenOpen() or ThePlayer.HUD:IsConsoleScreenOpen() or ThePlayer.HUD.writeablescreen) then
	Stuff
end

EDIT: So, changing the code like below allows it to work both when the crafting menu is closed and when it's open, but not in the search menu.. but is this the actual way we're supposed to use the code to allow doing stuff while the crafting menu's open but not using its search bar?

if ThePlayer.HUD and not (ThePlayer.HUD:IsChatInputScreenOpen() or ThePlayer.HUD:IsConsoleScreenOpen() or ThePlayer.HUD.writeablescreen) and
(ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingOpen() and ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() == true or not ThePlayer.HUD:IsCraftingOpen())
then
	Stuff
end

it doesn't seem to be working the way it's intended then for only being true if the search bar is being used :confused:?

Sorry, if I missed something obvious, it's late and I'm kind of tired trying to figure out why this isn't working for an hour now lol

Edited by . . .

5 hours ago, Well-met said:

that's a mutated koalefant

It's way worse than that. It's a koalefant and varg fused together into a singular, abhorrent abomination. It's tail is the koalefant's trunk and you can literally see the koalefant's beeping eyes on the fused creature's butt.

I hope to God this thing never makes its way into the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I would like to suggest one improvement.
when choosing a skin, if you do not press the build button but click again on the item icon, the selected skin set default. Is it possible to somehow change the icon in the crafting menu like it is done in pin items?

Edited by Maksym.12
  • Like 2