[Game Update] - 497296

4 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

I'd like to see this improvment for statue sketches in the potter's wheel too :butterfly:

Wouldn't be much of an improvement. Shadow Pieces only drop 1 sketch each, so any multiplayer server would end relying on one particular player to redo the fight. (If not several particular players...)

Besides, the Potter's Wheel is always gonna be a crafting station, not a research station, so there's not much of a point to knowing the recipes wherever you are.

they can add to the potters whell an storage mechanic, something like: right click on it and it open a "chest ui" and you pick the sketch you want without needing to hammer them (with how annoying is that with the collision mechanic that allows you to build a wall near a structure but not a structure near a wall...) and look throw 48271 sketches in the ground to find the one you are looking for

• Like 4

So far I've been enjoing the Beta alot. I got a couple of suggestions and fixes though:

1) In my experience, the only action you're allowed to do while the crafting menu is open is moving. That feels very limiting to anyone who loved and enjoyed the old crafting menu. So if possible, it'd be great to allow players to do all actions- hold space pick stuff on the ground, hold space to pick berries/grass/twigs..., attack with F, force attack with ctrl-F, hold space with a tool to chop, mine, dig etc. while the menu is open. It'd improve on the experience a lot.

2) The change regarding holding mouse click picking up the closest work possible- it doesn't work well and clashes with the addition in last march's QoL about holding mouse to continue the same action. you can have the problem when holding mouse to put fuel in the fire pit or mine salt stacks- the player now stops the act of fuelling fire or mining to pick up whatever close. Either when clicking and holding or holding space, you want you first action to be locked. Thus please add a fix or outright scrap the holding mouse button feature.

3) Initial skins- Just as the characters with skins for their starting items, I think a solution should be added for starting item skins. It's really debilitating that you cannot change the skin of the locked items and you have to remove items and pin their skinned variants. Additionally as someone else suggested, the pinnable slots feel too little and it'd be a wonderful change if the players are allowed to have a few pre-sets they can cycle through. I suggest that if such a change is added, There might be an new menu in the compendium, allowing players to change their pre-sets and lock in any items with any skins to the pre-sets they want to start the game with.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ADM said:

Is it just me or the turfs are still stackable just by 10 ?

Had a similar issue as well. I was on the latest version, but turf was still only stackable to 10. I’m not sure if the change was retrofitted to existing stacks of turf, if that might be the issue?

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

So far I've been enjoing the Beta alot. I got a couple of suggestions and fixes though:

1) In my experience, the only action you're allowed to do while the crafting menu is open is moving. That feels very limiting to anyone who loved and enjoyed the old crafting menu. So if possible, it'd be great to allow players to do all actions- hold space pick stuff on the ground, hold space to pick berries/grass/twigs..., attack with F, force attack with ctrl-F, hold space with a tool to chop, mine, dig etc. while the menu is open. It'd improve on the experience a lot.

2) The change regarding holding mouse click picking up the closest work possible- it doesn't work well and clashes with the addition in last march's QoL about holding mouse to continue the same action. you can have the problem when holding mouse to put fuel in the fire pit or mine salt stacks- the player now stops the act of fuelling fire or mining to pick up whatever close. Either when clicking and holding or holding space, you want you first action to be locked. Thus please add a fix or outright scrap the holding mouse button feature.

3) Initial skins- Just as the characters with skins for their starting items, I think a solution should be added for starting item skins. It's really debilitating that you cannot change the skin of the locked items and you have to remove items and pin their skinned variants. Additionally as someone else suggested, the pinnable slots feel too little and it'd be a wonderful change if the players are allowed to have a few pre-sets they can cycle through. I suggest that if such a change is added, There might be an new menu in the compendium, allowing players to change their pre-sets and lock in any items with any skins to the pre-sets they want to start the game with.

So for 1) and 2) I'm totally with you. These should be fixed or looked into, I like that a lot! 

For 3) I'm not so sure. I think the vanilla GUI should be simple and straightforward, but also have the necessary features. Cycling between multiple Pin-Tabs could be a bit cluttered. Also the idea with the compendium is not bad, but wouldn't work right now, because the Pin-Tab is different per world and I really like that! 
I think a lot of people focus only on the Pin-Tab and forget about the favourite tab. That is there to have much more items marked that we want and is global, maybe that could be accessed in the compendium? 
When I click to cycle through multiple Pin-Tabs why not open the favourites then? I think the idea behind the pin-tab is a minimalistic quick access with a single click for your current state of the world. Right now we have a clear line what Pins are and what favourite are, having multiple tabs would make favourites maybe a bit obsolete. 

People were already scared of the new GUI like it is and all of its features. I think it turned out great and fits really good, but not shure if it should get cluttered much more.

Scott was saying that he will add the crafting ingredients to the Pin-Tab, maybe he will also add the option to change the skins then, that would be great! 

• Thanks 2

• Developer
13 hours ago, . . . said:

both of the functions display as true when the crafting menu is just open which in case of IsCraftingOpen() it makes sense, but IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() seems to actually become false when you're using the search bar.. is that supposed to happen? (I tested on a server without caves BTW)

This will be fixed in the next hotfix.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't wanna create a new thread so I figure i'll put it here.

Could the Cookbook sort recipes from lowest to high prioirity instead of highest to lowest priority? The reason I ask for this is because generally rarer/more specific recipes will have higher priorities, while the more common recipes are listed as lowest priority.image.thumb.png.77295dbce5e0c317a33ee6656431e645.png

This means you'll have things like amberosia, the milk-made hat, mushy cake, the wobster dishes and etc appear first, which in terms of progression doesn't make any sense. While more common foods like meatballs, meaty stew, taffy appear lower down. From the perspective of a new player who's starting out the game, they'll most likely make some of these more common dishes, and thus they'll appear at the bottom of the cookbook page which just isn't very intuitive. Sorting from lowest to highest priority would make the most sense.

• Like 6