March Quality of Life Beta is Live!

This is a bit scary. I liked how he can run fast with marble armor but if he loses mightiness in 2 hits it's gonna be horrible for people with bad net or those who are not just super good. For average players he might become worse gatherer than woodie or maxwell but not quite a fighter like wigfrid or warly for difficult bosses for players that still happen to get hit few times. I can only imagine how frustrating queen bee fight can be or how one mistake against klaus chomp confirming double claw will strip his mightiness.

The armor not helping might be fine but imo current mightiness loss on hit if any is too much.

Custom amount of favourite crafting slots would be cool too. 9 is a bit littleunknown.png

Edited by Wonz
  • Like 1

Not sure why they couldnt have kept the side scrolling categories for the right side. Like you can pin a single recipe to the side but why not just merge this with the old system so that you can pin a whole tab and side scroll through the recipes like before.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, EngineerGaming said:

does this mean we will only be able to hit deer clops twice while kiting?

Actually, this allows the Deerclops fight to go much faster. You can sidestep Deerclops' attacks now and that's way faster than running away just to go back in, allowing the fight to go faster if you're experienced, and you won't have to deal with all the annoying crawling horrors if you deal with it fast enough. I didn't check my stats, but doing it as Wormwood with a Dark Sword and no speed buffs got me to about halfway through my sanity.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not in the beta so I can only judge the changes based on what I read here: but you no longer lose Mightiness while walking with a Dumbell equipped right? So just move far enough away from the boss to get ripped again and then go back into the fight, it’s like Wendy needing to recall/heal Abigail to prevent her dying.

So why did Klei add the Mightyness gain, if we still have to flee the fight to get mighty again? It seems like a pointless change, changes things so that they stay the same, needing the same strategy. 

• Like 2
  • Health 1

After all these years I can finally desecrate the graves of the maze with the use of a jumping ancient guardian, amazing !

For real tho, ag is now a fun and fair fight with a fitting reward except.. there are still flaws and bugs that obviously need to be addressed, mainly: the VERY AWKWARD ag recovery animation when you whale on him while he's incapacitated, inconsistent tentacle spam (I even had them spawn roughly 30 seconds after the fight ended !!), and ag voidwalking/voidjumping.

Aside from that, it’s a great ag rework!

New boating recipes : initially I was thinking “since you get a scienceless access to the driftwood oar, I don’t really mind the new changes brought to the crafting recipes” but then you realize that the costs incurred are not just limited to chopping 6 evergreens because you probably want to have a firepit on your boat and enough mats for a 2d emergency boat…

WHAT ? BOAT DROPS BOARDS INSTEAD OF LOGS ??? This doesn’t make any sense at all, which makes me think Klei is targeting “reckless sailing practices” (i.e. the fun strat of ramming into sea stacks, deploying 2d boat and salvaging all the boat mats in the process).

There is no way this one gets integrated into the main branch, RIGHT ?

UI : I’m not particularly flustered by this new design but I’m not hyped about it either. Having to get new bearings in the UI sounds annoying, and as was stated before in the discussion, it looks less unique. It lost its don’t starve flavor.

Deerclops : not much to comment here. You can now dodge the deerclops by stepping aside.

Loading screen tips/lore nuggets/trivia : nice addition to the game, I like it.

Lastly, there’s a bug that sometimes prevents you from attacking using the f key (the character tries to move to the center of the mob and won’t attack it; but in that case, clicking on the target works).

About Wolfgang ? I knew these "no hit bee queen" yt videos would come in handy one day. RIP tanking

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

i realy dont like this new craft ui, literaly dont fix what is not broken, cant wait for a mod to remove this stupid thing because klei seems to not want to give us an options, all taht time memorizing where everything is, aswell that now some things are in more then 1 tap can make things not needed complicated, alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed and it alsol seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing, and in general that new craft thing is way to clungy, and what ever whit some things being able to be now fully prototyped, or station only, like, do you realy need to make turf whenever you go? seems rather realy stupid of an excuse to not be able to have old craft ui too, it litteraly lost its character in a way too, like the color of the icons are gone, and the character crafts are replaced whit there head icon and not a special lookin one, like, why? why do this? and for sure makes me want to have less feeling of fun honestly, like DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN! just dont do random not realy needed changes realy, like, i still miss the point for its existing, and im sure new players have propably a harder time whit this too

It's not a fix, that's an upgrade. No need to memorize stuff since they there's now search window they have better categories and more of them fit on screen. No need to memorize makes it just better for people who haven't done it yet. I like it a lot. I don't care about any sentiments for visuals. This is objectively an upgrade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not in the beta so I can only judge the changes based on what I read here: but you no longer lose Mightiness while walking with a Dumbell equipped right? So just move far enough away from the boss to get ripped again and then go back into the fight, it’s like Wendy needing to recall/heal Abigail to prevent her dying.

Walking far away enough is how you get bee queen to despawn, i don't think you can do this far enough to regain mightiness without losing the progress if you try to fight "fair". Also the migtiness loss is so massive it's never worth to tank.

4 hours ago, xEUx said:

-

I'm pretty sure the console/klei devs are working super hard right now to make sure the new UI will work perfectly with the controller! Let's give them time to finish it and then give your feedback on it!

And just a small reminder from the patch note;

20 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

A lot more work will be done for controller support.

• Big Ups 1

40 minutes ago, Mj- said:

I'm pretty sure the console/klei devs are working super hard right now to make sure the new UI will work perfectly with the controller! Let's give them time to finish it and then give your feedback on it!

And just a small reminder from the patch note;

Yes I realize. I also know the game for PC is controller supported so sucks when I pay the same amount as keyboard players but don't get same output from devs. I get it's beta but why isn't controller support ready as much as keyboard in beta. Does controller need no feedback? If controller support is so harder n has more problems, really why isn't basic kinks ready for beta testing?

N not sure why u erased my text so ppl reading would take it out of context. I waited till beta was out n tried before I wrote my feedback. N yes i know they said there would be more. I'm pointing out what I think isn't fair. Do keyboards have to wait for more support?

Edited by xEUx
Wrong place n left out

3 hours ago, Lil K said:

So why did Klei add the Mightyness gain, if we still have to flee the fight to get mighty again? It seems like a pointless change, changes things so that they stay the same, needing the same strategy. 

Well from what I’ve read, they increased the rate of speed he gains might, the ways he can become mighty, the durability of all dumbells, losing Mightiness when taking damage doesn’t sound that bad on paper..

Im an Xbox player so unfortunately I don’t get to play in the Beta, Many of the games enemies after they attempt to attack you has a brief moment of doing a “Taunt” before attacking you again- example Dodge being hit by a TerrorBeak a few times and it’ll take a moment to “Scream” at you, Avoid getting bit by a hound and it’ll stand there barking for a few seconds etc.. it’s during these moments that you can get back your might gains by punching your foe in its face- And if I am not mistaken: You can also use Dumbells as Melee Weapons now in addition to thrown projectiles.

To Me that sounds like it’ll be easy to deal with, But when I played Reworked Wolfgang I was usually just buffing up before hound waves and then standing in them all to Tank killing them quickly.

this new change to Wolfgang seems like an Unnecessary one, now Wigfrid is just overall the better choice if you wanted to slap armor on and tank an enemies hits to win.

Im also equally confused about how a muscle bound meathead loses muscles when he gets hit: But like I said I’m NOT in the Beta… and as far as I know, maybe the loss in might is outweighed by the various ways to regain it now as minimal as it sounds: Not losing any Mightiness while walking around with a Dumbell in the hand slot (this is how they work now right???) is a MASSIVE change that effectively allows Wolfgang to stay Mighty 24/7 so long as he doesn’t get hit.

But like I Said, I won’t be able to judge any of this accurately until the update comes to Xbox- And I’m already dreading that new UI for Xbox Controllers...

6 hours ago, ALCRD said:

-You can adjust the size of the crafting ui.

-You can still move around while crafting. Thats what pinning recipes is for.

-propably makes it even too small to see something
-wow, like 5 items, thats like nothing then before

11 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

i still fail to see the point

1. It's massively more intuitive for beginners. Both because it starts them off with a torch, axe, pickaxe and science machine pinned to give them some direction and also because items are now categorized based on their function instead of relying on vague, thematic classifications like "Survival" and "Structures".

2. The devs can now add as many new craftable to the game as they want without having them be only craftable when standing near one particular structure.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

i still fail to see the point

is simple, the old hud is limiting and will become so unconfortable with new recipes that will come plus being a mess for new players

just see how now we can prototype turf or lures which before wasnt the case because just these 2 crafting stations would fill the seafaring and structures tab

14 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

9. Did you even tried it? just for dark sword, ropes and bundle wrap is worth and you have 6 left for what ever you wish

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

2. The devs can now add as many new craftable to the game as they want without having them be only craftable when standing near one particular structure.

but placing more taps to the left was not possible?
image.thumb.png.5f86109e8ed4f2d3e6a010f32767f52e.png
and being able to craft turf every where, i mean, does it realy need to? it was honestly fine it being a station only craft

18 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is simple, the old hud is limiting and will become so unconfortable with new recipes that will come plus being a mess for new players

just see how now we can prototype turf or lures which before wasnt the case because just these 2 crafting stations would fill the seafaring and structures tab

9. Did you even tried it? just for dark sword, ropes and bundle wrap is worth and you have 6 left for what ever you wish

Ultimately it’s going to depend on how well this translates to an Xbox Controller.. from the screenshots it’s looking overly complex & unfun- And if Klei is going to design DST on Consoles for Console players then they should probably and most defiantly play several other console games to get an idea of what works best for consoles: for example.. pinned Craftables May work simply enough on PC using KB or Mouse…. But the REAL Question is going to be is the NEW UI better than the OLD UI for CONSOLE Players? The old way was simple enough..

Personally I pray they add a “Weapon Select Wheel” Aka a tab where my pinned/favorites things go and I can quickly and easily swap between that list of items for example: Anyone who has played Red Dead Online, Conan Exiles, Sniper Elite 4, Zombie Army 4 etc knows that holding down the top bumper button (usually LB or RB) pulls up a Wheel of your currently assigned items for those slots that you can move the Analog stick to quickly switch between & select.

Also if your tool breaks but you have enough resources on you to Repair, Recraft it then selecting it within this Weapon Wheel will instantly use up the resources to craft another and reassign it into the slot you have it assigned into 

(just go spend 10 minutes playing Conan exiles on an Xbox Controller)

Klei says a lot more work is being done for console support… Im going to hold them to that and pray we get the method that works best for console players- which when used in popular games like GTA & Red Dead Online- Seem to suggest a Weapons Wheel.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

but placing more taps to the left was not possible?
image.thumb.png.5f86109e8ed4f2d3e6a010f32767f52e.png
and being able to craft turf every where, i mean, does it realy need to? it was honestly fine it being a station only craft

I'm gonna be real with you chief, seeing your concept for more tabs just makes me happier with the new HUD we have.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • GL Happy 1

10 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the only 2 bosses i ever tank is Deerclops and Beequeen. Deerclops is not a problem, only tank him cause hes faster and more efficient. BEE QUEEN ON ANOTHER HAND IS THE MOST ANNOYING BOSS TO FIGHT IN THE WHOLE GAME ! yes even worse then crab king in my opinion and im not about to go craft panflutes just to fight her when i can drop 2 moles and tank her for a easy fight. If wolf cant tank then this stratagie is over and you have to go the dumb panflutes route ;(

2 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

-propably makes it even too small to see something

-complaining for the sake of complaining

-9 items actually , more than enough plus you can still move while the big tab is open apparently.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

sources told me that you cant do actions anymore while that craft ui is open, not like before, wich was something from old times, wich in a way, we are goin backwards again, same whit keep crafting whit douple click and holding, and how i may ask, is that souposed to help new players? to make old ones suffer from what they have memorized? because scrolling is bad? sould everything on your browser now too become a box where everything is cramped in? just so you dont need to use your scroll wheel or clickin on those arrows? realy feels just wrong now aswell whit how you can pin the same item but differend skin at the same time, like, it seems we are truly goin backwards now whit this one