Should wanda be nerfed?

Should wanda be nerfed?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. After all this time, do you think wanda should be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have Wanda
    • Wanda should be buffed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/22 at 05:22 PM

41 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Didn't you say not to long ago that you don't even own Wanda?

Please note that what seems great on paper does not carry over perfectly in practice. I'm going to have to take everything you say about Wanda with a grain of salt given you've never even played her.

? Something also about weaknesses, Wanda's single weakness is her limited healing but ok.

Serious question though: Should extra Ageless watches be Nerfed? Not the ones you craft and EARN but the one you get free when you spawn.. should That clock have some sort of Magic power that returns to WANDAs Inventory? Rather then just being able to continuously die for free watches to take apart for parts for more watches?

I mean if she’s supposed to be Overpowered but Hard to Play.. let’s actually make her hard to play.. right?

Would be cool if Wanda did less damage when young (while working at a regular rate of efficiency), did the normal amount of damage while mid-aged (with normal work efficiency), and did more damage with everything when old (but with lower rate of work efficiency). 

Although her items are fairly expensive and take some effort to gather, she becomes really easy to play by the end of the first autumn. The key setup is just a trip to the archives and a magic II machine. Once you get this stuff, I think it's actually pretty hard to die to anything on the surface. (her #1 threat is probably just the natural elements). 

The only thing she's not very good at is recovering from taking a significant amount of damage (ex. getting in a tough spot somewhere in the ruins). It's probably not a big issue for more seasoned players anyways.  

22 hours ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Vulnerable how. She has max 150 HP. You'll be using her old age one way or another once you get the alarming clock. She also has her other utility clocks and can make more ageless ones for faster recovery on cool down.

If she has 150 hp then she also has no damage bonus. At that point she's basically just Wilson with rift watches. May as well play Wormwood I think.

Wanda is fine as is, her watches are grindy to get in the early game which is a massive annoyance, most notable especially in public servers where not everyone is teaming up and different groups of people are hoarding gems, marble, thulecite and don't want to share (greedy buggers).

In the late game Wolfgang with a shield of terror does just over 100 damage allowing him to one shot lots of common mobs (spiders, frogs, ice/fire hounds), 2 hit regular hounds, is refuelable like wandas alarming clock and trades the range boost for extra armour. Helping to save the durability of any other armour you might wear (marble suit).

The shield of terror (in the hands of a wolfgang) is a better non-boss combat weapon than the alarming clock in my opinion, i prefer to be at full health (incase i get lazy an take a random hit) and pump a gembell once a day than juggle my health at around 30hp with the risk of getting one shot by most things.

Wanda's rift watch is awesome but any character can get a rider beefalo with a glossamer saddle which moves at mach 9 speed which is more than enough get anywhere on the map in 10secs. So the rift watch is nice but not game changing.

Each to their own tho.

5 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Wanda's rift watch is awesome but any character can get a rider beefalo with a glossamer saddle which moves at mach 9 speed which is more than enough get anywhere on the map in 10secs. So the rift watch is nice but not game changing.

Yes, but also keep in mind that she can teleport directly from anywhere on the surface to someplace like the ruins.  Even the Atrium.  Even that distance could take a while on a rider beefalo.

I agree with your whole post though.  Wanda is not OP; just different and awesome.

The problem i have with Wanda is that she makes everyone feel left out due to her insane dmg boost, whip range and backstep. all these 3 things combined that makes her into an absolute monster of a character. 

Don't get me wrong, she's a great character, an amazing solo character but i think when it comes to multiplayer she completely rips apart what DST tries to accomplish by playing the game as a team.

The game is all about working together as a team, right? But why help out on a boss when Wanda will just destroy it in a matter of min. Or her going into the ruins and destroy everything she gets her eyes on. You always want to contribute to a fight even the smallest of fights no matter the character you are but you don't get that opportunity as much when playing with a Wanda unless you're on her power level which not even half of the other characters are. You could argue Wolfgang, being the strongman he is does this too, however the difference between him and Wanda is that he doesn't have those 3 things to back him up instead he still has to kite and fight like a regular character. She's too boosted to be played with other survivors without them looking like they're extremely weak or you're just forced to do some mundane task like farming and let Wanda have all the fun.

1 hour ago, Waynel said:

Wanda is egregiously OP, I call for the immediate shutdown of Wanda.

Ultimate proof of Wanda’s OPness:

The debate is finally over folks.

It's not rocket science that teleporting from cage makes FW much much easier. Wortox could easily solo too. Although he would need to watch out to not get greedy with souls.

20 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

For newbies? Maybe.. for experienced players that know how to play the game? No..

Wanda is only hard if you don’t know how to abuse her clocks (by abuse I mean craft a whole bunch of them and leave them near X boss you want to fight)

In addition to this: I’ve Single Handedly killed Bee Queen by standing off screen Somewhere and giving a Single Wilson player a couple Football Helmets and a Hambat, and every time he died just reversing his death with Second Chance Clock till the boss is dead finally.

Im a Wendy Main and When Abigail dies I can resummoning her.. but to be able to do that with other actual real players?? 
Hahahaha Game Over.

can you explain me how that BQ didnt despawn when wilson died if you were offscreen? im very curious

btw, life giving amulets exists and are easier to farm for experience players so i dont see how can you say in the 1st line that wanda is easy for experience players but later talking about how strong is revive players... too much effort making wanda look op by talking non sense

1 minute ago, marioespinho said:

This thread is still going on? I swear Lord of the Fruit Flies is about to spawn from the amount of corn needed to keep reading these arguments. 

there is no arguments, just some buthurt wolfgang's mains crying nonsense because wolf got nerfed and mike telling lies

Archived