Should wanda be nerfed?

Should wanda be nerfed?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. After all this time, do you think wanda should be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have Wanda
    • Wanda should be buffed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/22 at 05:22 PM

4 hours ago, JustExo said:

Wanda should be nerfed, and the way you could do that is by allowing other characters to use her watches to a similar (if not worse) degree

That way the core of her character is still fine and fun to play, but now more characters have options similar to, if only a bit worse than hers

The average strength of characters gets brought up, Wanda's stays the same interesting character, she gets more team interactions, everything's epic

Isn't it a buff?

10 hours ago, Shosuko said:

IF we're basing our discussion about what is OP or not on whether a new player could pick it up and instantly gain benefits from it, Wendy is the clear winner of the OP trophy.

Why did it come to this.....op doesn't even mean ease of use or accessibility.

In this thread our offender is whether or not Wanda can be picked be picked up by knowledgeable players and the answer is an easy yes.

How the hell would they not. Maxwell has existed at 75 HP for 8 years already stop acting like everything Wanda represents is still revolutionary or that the player base is naive.

9 hours ago, ethannnnnnn said:

I mean you play Wigfrid and hold f you can take a huge beating. Play Wendy and you can handle crowds easily. Play willow and you have ways to deal with nightmare creatures. Play Wolfgang and you've got a bunch of health. Play Wanda though and you have no uniquely effective way of dealing with these groups better than any other character in the game (other than damage, but that circles back to having to use her glass cannon mode which you've said isn't necessary even), all while being much more susceptible to dying in these situations due to no reliable healing.

893660104_200(2).gif.543bec8f8ed19d37cfefce21c05a3ca0.gif

The amount of willful ignorance needed to essentially gloss over every other character's detriments and act as if they always have perfect scenarios.

Then to just completely ignore all of Wanda's own advantages and tools in a made up scenario that could have been easily avoided prior and that everyone else still has the same solution to.

Spoiler

Just run away, recover, and retry.

9 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

It proves that the weaknesses matter. There are weaknesses that don't matter such as Wickers insomnia because that can't kill you. When was the last time you died due to this downside (insomnia)

Howl I will have to disagree.

All weaknesses matter, they can be side stepped or worked with but they are always present.

Wolfgang will always be under more scrutiny from negative sanity auras and will be under more danger depending on form.

Wendy and Wes will always be weaker fighting alone.

Wigfrid can never forage.

Monsters can never approach pigs or bunnymen for assistance.

Walter will always have sanity problems after getting hurt.

Wickerbottom cannot rest to recover.

Tents and siesta lean-to's provide a safe location to passively recover and they can be entered when under attack from shadow monsters which wicker will also always be more susceptible to.

While there is always ways around these drawbacks, It isn't right to say that they don't exist or don't matter when they will ALWAYS come into play and will ALWAYS affect the way the player approaches using that character.

19 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Howl I will have to disagree.

All weaknesses matter, they can be side stepped or worked with but they are always present.

Wolfgang will always be under more scrutiny from negative sanity auras and will be under more danger depending on form.

You can adopt a pet to negate increased sanity drain.

Wendy and Wes will always be weaker fighting alone.

Wendy and Wes damage is negated by an ornery beefalo.

Wendy being at an even bigger advantage than before. She is also only at a disadvantage against nightmares which can be avoided at all stages of the game.

Wigfrid can never forage.

Foraging can be useful filler, meat recipes are some of the strongest recipes in the game. 

Leafy meat recipes were also added which strengthen Wigfrid as the are considered meat.

Monsters can never approach pigs or bunnymen for assistance.

Webber doesn't even need them, he can face tank dragonfly with nurses.

Wortox has a bigger problem but bearger  is still the best woodchopper and everyone has access to catapults. 

Walter will always have sanity problems after getting hurt.

This one is pretty relevant, but not all weaknesses matter.

Wickerbottom cannot rest to recover.

Tam.

Tents and siesta lean-to's provide a safe location to passively recover and they can be entered when under attack from shadow monsters which wicker will also always be more susceptible to.

Kill the shadow monster? Or idk just eat a cooked green cap? There is no reason to sacrifice hunger for sanity when you can restore both with one eating animation (save for Wormwood).

While there is always ways around these drawbacks, It isn't right to say that they don't exist or don't matter when they will ALWAYS come into play and will ALWAYS affect the way the player approaches using that character.

Some don't matter and some become irrelevant in the end game. Even some perks don't matter like Wurts tentacle detection where if you were running into them before it because you're not careful (you can already detect them with the sanity drop).

I'm sorry that every weaknesses in the game is relevant to you. Maybe get gud? 

Spoiler

220px-Trollface_non-free.png.977bd4521aef92aaa4c081c8655bf143.png

24 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

"All weaknesses matter, they can be side stepped or worked with but they are always present"

No, some I outright ignored, if I never sleep as Wicker then how exactly did I "side step" it? 

24 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

You aren't doing much but proving my point lol. That a weakness in the end still needs to be worked around.

Other way around I'm afraid. You're saying all weaknesses matter but if I can ignore them or they become irrelevant at some point in the game then they don't matter at one point or another. Anyways what were both saying is subjective but if all weaknesses matter to you than that really is a you problem.

For example I think Wormwood's lack of healing with food is not only not a relevant weakness to me, but I would even consider it a perk.

29 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

No, some I outright ignored, if I never sleep as Wicker then how exactly did I "side step" it?

You'll never get to sleep as wicker even if you tried.

Some drawbacks are there only to shape how the character can approach situations.

Others are to punish for certain actions.

It's the opposite of people calling Walter's slingshot useless even when it has a clear use. 

Drawbacks aren't always omnipresent, but they continue to serve a purpose, and it's pretty easy to infer how they were meant to be punishing/avoided.

This is just alot of mental gymnastics.

29 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Anyways what were both saying is subjective but if all weaknesses matter to you than that really is a you problem.

I'm saying drawbacks present a clear obstacle that can be overcome with some character ingenuity or game ingenuity. 

It will affect how the player approaches different facets of the game so they do indeed matter.

You're saying that once the tools to overcome these obstacles are obtained, drawbacks are hardly existant.

Oh really?

Spoiler

duh.gif.c3e7b086d01eb4ede8760cf398d6a7ee.gif

9 minutes ago, JustExo said:

If everyone's op, no one is

that works in a moba not here

if everyone deals 9999 damage will be op because you are doing pve content which will need to be tunned up to match that 9999 damage

also, why would wilson use or even know how to use ageless watches? there is more chances of diying than of getting a benefit plus i think is very clear that the watches are linked with wanda's timeline not with everybody in the constant

The only scenario in which I could (maybe) see that Wanda is “too good” in the hands of a less skilled player is with the following playstyle: try to avoid as many fights as possible, and certainly don’t try to fight raid bosses like Dragonfly.  Then sure, she gets “free healing” every day.  And some players might (might) struggle less with her than Wilson.  But they will be locked out of a lot of the content of the game by avoiding fights and raid bosses.

And as soon as they try to fight bosses like DF then, well, they actually have to kite and use their backstep watch (which they probably haven’t had the chance to practice with up until this point…) and can’t rely on ten years worth of bundled pierogies.

24 minutes ago, abrocator said:

The only scenario in which I could (maybe) see that Wanda is “too good” in the hands of a less skilled player is with the following playstyle: try to avoid as many fights as possible, and certainly don’t try to fight raid bosses like Dragonfly.  Then sure, she gets “free healing” every day.  And some players might (might) struggle less with her than Wilson.  But they will be locked out of a lot of the content of the game by avoiding fights and raid bosses.

And as soon as they try to fight bosses like DF then, well, they actually have to kite and use their backstep watch (which they probably haven’t had the chance to practice with up until this point…) and can’t rely on ten years worth of bundled pierogies.

I love how the theoretical player wouldn't understand basic kiting methods, or hasn't tried to use their backstep watch at all prior.

But already has bundles and years of perogies as supplies.

4 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

[snip]

Sorry.  The bundles from Christmas Feast.

But that part wasn’t important.  The point is that you just accumulate a lot through the DST years.  No one needs bundles of pierogies for anything.

The point is that you can’t (over)prepare like that as Wanda.

35 minutes ago, abrocator said:

sounds not like new wanda but new players in general

I guess? That’s the only scenario in which I could concievably think of her as “OP”: very defensive play which doesn’t unlock much of the content of the game.  If you play to kill bosses and unlock content then she is definitely not OP.

5 minutes ago, abrocator said:

I guess? That’s the only scenario in which I could concievably think of her as “OP”: very defensive play which doesn’t unlock much of the content of the game.  If you play to kill bosses and unlock content then she is definitely not OP.

you can say same for literally any other character

4 minutes ago, abrocator said:

How is carrying multiple ageless clocks not overpreparing?

Archived