Should wanda be nerfed?

Should wanda be nerfed?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. After all this time, do you think wanda should be nerfed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't have Wanda
    • Wanda should be buffed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/22 at 05:22 PM

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

For the 500 millionth time bosses aren’t the only thing you can do in DST, and in fact klei intends for you to gather a group of players and fight those bosses, so please take the elite “Now do it as Wanda” Status and silence it. 

idk - the thing is - if you never do anything hard, then things are never hard.  That's how sandbox games work.  It only takes a basic amount of skill to live forever in a cave with basic food production, warmth / wetness protection.  Its only when you do something that we get difficulty.  What you're doing determines the difficulty.  Clearing some spiders during the day triggering them a wave at a time?  Not very difficult.  Fighting spiders at night with 2-3 dens close together?  This is going to start taking effort.  Going to fight dfly solo without a wall?  Now we're getting somewhere.  Its totally doable with Wanda, but how well are you doing it?

Like literally you just point at the easiest possible thing you could do with Wanda and pretend it makes her OP.  "I just sat here and used res clocks while other people did things."  Okay great, if that's the game you wanna play then of course its going to be easy.  What do you want?  a chance to have a heart attack every 30 seconds if you don't enter the konami code?  Resing ppl isn't hard, you can do it as anyone doing telltales / portal res with booster shots, lga's, or meat effigies.  These are all 100% possible to be set up reliably by anyone without doing anything challenging.  Its a *big* convenience that Wanda can set up some clocks once and res with a cd but in the end its just a discount on resourcesJust like the eyeball helmet.  Is it OP because you're just giving it food instead of harvesting trees, marble, or pig skins?  No.  It's a great discount, but that's all it is in the end.

So yes - its 100% valid to ask someone what they're doing with this character when they say she's easy.  I think if you're base sitting and using res clocks on dead noobs 1) of COURSE its easy, you're not doing anything, but also 2) Its not OP, its just a way to play.  The game has several options if you wanna play babysitter, this is just another one of those options.  Maybe learn to farm while you're at it so you can pack your bby's lunch when you send them out too XD

Now if someone is doing boss fights and thinking "wow, I'm just able to tank and trade through these bosses like I do with every other character" that might mean something and I'm glad to hear that opinion.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Would love to see your all bosses run as Wanda.

this game is too easy, wait a second im rolling back

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

For the 500 millionth time bosses aren’t the only thing you can do in DST, and in fact klei intends for you to gather a group of players and fight those bosses, so please take the elite “Now do it as Wanda” Status and silence it. 

you can do more stuff and you dont need to do them if you dont want but you cant say (actually spam and being tireshome) "this is op or this is underwhelming" if you dont know how that affects the entire content

is like saying "wolfgang rowing perk is useless but i dont row" or the example i used before "wigfrid is useless" but you evade combat

isnt that hard to understand, actually is a common sense thing. So is okey if you dont enjoy that part of the content (idk why you always act like atacked when nobody cares how do you play) but dont come here saying wanda op or wanda too easy if the most difficult thing you did with her is having a thermal stone in you inventory and walk arroun empty and safe biomes

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

this game is too easy, wait a second im rolling back

fr right?  I did a fight Wanda vs dfly with no wall or flute.  I'd say Wanda has an easier job of doing this fight than others because of her tools (backstep is pretty good here) BUT I was always 1-2 hits away from death, even with night armor.  I died quite a bit practicing that fight, and because of that practice I'm pretty likely to clear dfly solo with Wanda with just an ice staff, and her own set up.  That doesn't change that I'm 1-2 hits away from death while I do the fight, any mistake could end her.  I could take most other characters into the same fight and the challenges would be different, but because I would have several more hits before I die, and healing that is much easier to spam, the chance of dying is much lower for just a few mistakes.

33 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

fr right?  I did a fight Wanda vs dfly with no wall or flute.  I'd say Wanda has an easier job of doing this fight than others because of her tools (backstep is pretty good here) BUT I was always 1-2 hits away from death, even with night armor.  I died quite a bit practicing that fight, and because of that practice I'm pretty likely to clear dfly solo with Wanda with just an ice staff, and her own set up.  That doesn't change that I'm 1-2 hits away from death while I do the fight, any mistake could end her.  I could take most other characters into the same fight and the challenges would be different, but because I would have several more hits before I die, and healing that is much easier to spam, the chance of dying is much lower for just a few mistakes.

i have 4k hours (5k adding DS) and im not that masochist to do wanda without walls in my long therm wold, 1 lavae setting you on fire and you are done without being able to heal (wasting resources and time) meanwhile the old version of certain character had speed to kite her and her childs and 300hp which with a helmet becomes 1500hp. Maybe that character didnt deserve a nerf but if so wanda neither. Oh, and i almost forgot, if you die in her area  mr. offscreen OP revives will only make you die again because she will aggro you while you do the revive animation so, as everybody already knew, LGA or meat effigie will be waaaay better for a very cheap cost

sure allow me to say wanda op with my experience watching streams because i dont have her/doing rollback after every mistake/using HP bars to know which enemy has less hp to reduce their numbers or to know that the boss is 1 hit away/with my extra slot mod which allows me to be all the time wearing armor and a huge and dumb list of biased opinions

sure, wanda makes fighting AG, FW, CC (they should fix him but is easier without exploiting his ai than with other characters), BQ (easier kite than wilson) and others but at the same time is the charcater that made me waste more LGA and even a meat effigie (i never needed to waste my backup meat effigies except one time almost 2 years ago) and i have 4k hours of experience, even when im not so skilled at videogames, which means that someone with 500h (which is a respetable ammount of experience) will have hard times. As i said, i would like some nerfs but will be a stupid move for klei taking in count that is a dlc character (they already messed up by giving walter free for a mistake that nobody notice or care, this damn canadians are to kind xD). Is one of the most fun characters which is what matters and you can always limit yourself by only using 1 AW, not using her weapon or not using her oMG sO OP REviVinG iTEm if you die picking grass and twiggs

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If someone is saying Wanda had no downsides and refuses to fight anything then that person is disingenuous.

For one: There’s plenty to fight besides bosses, and two.. Just carry more then one AW and most your healing problems are solved.

YALL play this game with the Pierogi, LGA, Meat Effigy method- Now try playing it never having crafted a meat effigy all throughout your entire experience with DS, DS Shipwrecked, DS Hamlet & DST. On top of that: The amount of pierogi you’ve used for healing can be counted to less than 40 across the cast of all playable characters- You all keep saying “DS/DST is a Sandbox game where what you do and how you play is up to you.” 

But THEN you expect people to know HOW YOU Play the game.. and you judge them for not playing your way, and knowing facts.. it’s honestly quite sickening..

And TBH I’m getting quite tired of trying to defend less knowledged players because the self proclaimed “Pros” will always attempt to debunk their opinions.

In fact: I have never not one single time in my entirety of playing on Xbox ever seen ANYONE craft a Meat Effigy, now maybe you can chalk that up to I don’t play with other players often or that the rooms I have joined the players were mostly noobs- Whatever the reason in my personal experience I’ve never seen a single Xbox player craft a “Meat Effigy”

Now if KLEI had actual STATISTICS like games like Injustice 2 will keep track of how many batarangs players have thrown as Batman (why they have this information is anyones guess…) but Klei would know just how often something is/isn’t crafted and used.. they would know what items in their game are commonly used, and then what items hardly ever get used at all.

To say “Just use LGA or Meat Effigy” is to completely discredit that Wanda has a character exclusive way of NOT needing to use those things.

Is she OP??? That depends on how your playing her: For opening portals and teleporting entire groups of players around the map? Probably. For dealing insane damage with a Nightmare Fueled Yo-Yo? Maybe.. For Surviving any type of Damage over Time effect inflicted onto her? Absolutely not..

do you have to fight any of the bosses in this game? Absolutely not.. can you set up elaborate traps or even lure other bosses to them while you stand idly by eating popcorn? Totally.

Do you have to find a way to stop freezing to death in Winter so your Ageless Watch can actually heal you? Yes, there’s no disputing that.

But… If klei kept actual STATISTICS they may be surprised to learn that I’ve never crafted a Meat Effigy in my entire time with DS,SW,Hamlet or DST..

And even MORE of them may be surprised to learn that even without “Revival options” I managed to conquer their entire game and get every achievement across both DS and DST..

If all of the bosses had an Achievement then I obviously would not currently be at full completion status, but the ones that DID have an Achievement for I still managed to beat, and all without a single LGA or Meat Effigy.

You want to shout elite status: then I think I’ve earned my ranks amongst that (completing 5 randomly generated worlds with no revival methods used at all was pure hell thank you..) 

I don’t have to fight Misery Toadstool to share my opinions on Wanda, and neither should anyone else.

In the end the only opinion that matters is KLEI’s and how they want their game played.

Wendy has absolutely no downsides guys okay there I said it.

(Oh btw I never fight any boss except for BQ and I hardly ever fight any mobs.)

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But… If klei kept actual STATISTICS they may be surprised to learn that I’ve never crafted a Meat Effigy in my entire time with DS,SW,Hamlet or DST..

Meat effigy is very useful in DS.  It’s the only viable get-out-of-death item except for magic water which is Hamlet-only.  I’m just saying.

And even MORE of them may be surprised to learn that even without “Revival options” I managed to conquer their entire game and get every achievement across both DS and DST..

What does it mean conquer a/the game?  I’m on PC so I don’t know what that means on XBox DS.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But THEN you expect people to know HOW YOU Play the game.. and you judge them for not playing your way, and knowing facts.. it’s honestly quite sickening..

no, we expect that users which spam all the time how op is something would have some experience and, if not, atleast asume their mistakes instead of being tireshome about "im right meeee"

and more when you have said with arrogance things like "megabasers are casual which wants the game to be easier" when you biggest achieve was killing DF after crying during a lot of pages "how grindy" her fight is which nobody would care if wasnt because you spam ilogical things from a perspective of ignorance. Im glad you enjoy the survival aspects of the game but there is more content and to talk about balance we have to take in count everything

i have explained this millions of time but seems like you have your own vision of the things and dont want to listen. i will use the example i always use with you "wigfrid is useless but i evade fighting" do you considere that a respetable opinion? no, right? same happens with your "wolfgang/wanda op but wendy is balanced because of the risk of losing abi" sure Wanda op until you get stunlocked by 3 rooks in the ruins

there was a quote from one of my favourite writers, Mark Twain: "its better to keep your mouth close and  appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt". With this im not saying that you are stupid but that if we dont have any clue about something why talking in 1st place? if you wanna chat there are other topics where you can have fun and, ofc, you can chat here too (i wont even suggest you to stop doing something you like) but talk with some common sense pls. Is like i start talking about the influence of the Mongolian people in the chinesse culture or what ever when i have 0 idea of history and not only that but fighting any historian who prove me im wrong

idk what is your problem but sometimes is better to stop at time mike and im saying this from all the respect i have to you that might seems to be few but actually is more than i show (mostly because i talk so rude)

2 hours ago, abrocator said:

Wendy has absolutely no downsides guys okay there I said it.

(Oh btw I never fight any boss except for BQ and I hardly ever fight any mobs.)

i mean, if you play wendy you cant fight anything because abi kills them before you could help x)

2 hours ago, abrocator said:

Meat effigy is very useful in DS.  It’s the only viable get-out-of-death item except for magic water which is Hamlet-only.  I’m just saying.

he doesn't play long term worlds so meat effiges breaks the rogelite survival experience he looks for. Is logical that he doesnt use them since would break the point of his fun

i mean... conquering.... without defeating all the dangers....

You want to shout elite status: then I think I’ve earned my ranks amongst that (completing 5 randomly generated worlds with no revival methods used at all was pure hell thank you..) 

lol no,, adventure mode is easier than all the content you are ignoring. In Ds adventure mode you destroy each world after few ingame days which means that surviving is way easier, you can destroy or burn resources when freezing or ignore enemies. Is harder than DS vanilla but easier than the ruins and wayyyy easier than trying to survive without mining, burning or killing non renewable resources

edit: and without taking in count that maxwell gives you everything you need to survive and you can save the most useful items to start with them the following world...

that and saying that you conquered the game plus the dumb xbox achievements are more elitist comments than asking someone to talk about what they know instead of trash talking because being bored

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

no, we expect that users which spam all the time how op is something would have some experience and, if not, atleast asume their mistakes instead of being tireshome about "im right meeee"

and more when you have said with arrogance things like "megabasers are casual which wants the game to be easier" when you biggest achieve was killing DF after crying during a lot of pages "how grindy" her fight is which nobody would care if wasnt because you spam ilogical things from a perspective of ignorance. Im glad you enjoy that the survival aspects of the game but there is more content and to talk about balance we have to take in cpunt everything

i have explained this millions of time but seems like you have your own vision of the things and dont want to listen. i will use the example i always use with you "wigfrid is useless but i evade fighting" do you considere that a respetable opinion? no, right? same happens with your "wolfgang/wanda op but wendy is balanced because of the risk of losing abi" sure Wanda op until you get stunlocked by 3 rooks in the ruins, wanda op until you

there was a quote from on of my favourite writers Mark Twain: "its better to keep your mouth close and  appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt". With this im not saying that you are stupid but that if we dont have any clue about something why talking in the 1st time? if you wanna chat there is other topics where you can have fun and, ofc, you can chat here too (i wont even suggest you to stop doing something you like) but talk with some common sense pls. Is like i start talking about the influence of the Mongolian people in the chinesse culture or what ever when i have 0 idea of history and not only that nut fight any historian who prove me im wrong

idk what is your problem but sometimes is better to stop at time mike and im saying this from all the respect i have to you that might seems to be few but actually is more than i show (mostly because i talk so rude)

i mean, if you play wendy you cant fight anything because abi kills them before you could help x)

he doesn't play long term worlds so meat effiges breaks the rogelite survival experience he looks for. Is logical that he doesnt use them since would break the point of his fun

i mean... conquering.... without defeating all the dangers....

lol no,, adventure mode is easier than all the content you are ignoring. In Ds adventure mode you destroy each world after few ingame days which means that surviving is way easier, you can destroy or burn resources when freezing or ignore enemies. Is harder than DS vanilla but easier than the ruins and wayyyy easier than trying to survive without mining, burning or killing non renewable resources

So when you go to these “Ruins” do you fight and kill every single enemy you see? Or do you run for your life because you may want to save time/weapon durability/your own butt?

Theres a set piece in DS Solo Adventures Mode (I believe it’s actually the one in chapter 3 where you need to rescue Wes if he spawns which he has a chance not to..) Where an entire Marbleized biome is just crammed full of Rooks, Bishops and Knights as far as the eye can see.

Tell Me.. do you go there and attempt to kill all of them? Or do you do like I did, Avoid getting hit.. make their attacks hit each other if you can, but mostly run through there as fast as you can so you don’t die?

the ruins may be full of mobs, but that doesn’t mean I need to have a personal vendetta to slay every single one of them either.

Do you fight every single depth worm all at once during worm waves.. or do you run for your life and try to break them apart to fight them one by one?

There are ton of things you have to ask about your playstyle, no one way should be the correct or right way to go about it either.

this thread is asking if Wanda needs a nerf, and I stated what I felt was OP about her and why I felt it needed nerf’ing (both those things actually were Nerfed.) But the same way I feel X may be OP about her for Y reason- Someone else may feel Another X is OP for another Y reason..

Its like Nerfing Wolfgang’s Speed so he isn’t the best at farming.

I played a lot without revives too.  Its a totally valid way to play.  Sometimes I play without attacking things.  I just disable the attack button and see how well I can do.  Wendy has a pretty obvious advantage in this type of play style where a character cannot attack on their own.  Would it be fair to talk about how OP Abigail is, because I don't choose to attack with my character, even though the option to attack is there for everyone?

Its about the same argument - Anyone can attack, I'm just choosing not to.

Anyone can craft revive items, you're just choosing not to.

Sure Wanda's second chance watch can be used indefinitely without resource consumption (provided you're not the one needing the revive,) but Abigail can attack indefinitely (provided I'm not fighting big bosses) and it takes zero resources meanwhile everyone else is farming for dark swords, ham bats, morning stars, lga's, meat effigies, etc but here I am "free attacks all day == op" right?

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So when you go to these “Ruins” do you fight and kill every single enemy you see? Or do you run for your life because you may want to save time/weapon durability/your own butt?

i kill everything unless im doing a ruins rush on 1st autumn because is a waste of time and resources when i can just craft mag, star caller staff, a couple of crowns and go to the surface before winter start so i can prepare for winter (by prepare i mean having 10 rocks to craft a thermal stone...). As wanda, for example, i kill everything so i can have more NF and thulecite fragments to craft stuff, also because is fun to try to do no damage cleaning with her watch

Theres a set piece in DS Solo Adventures Mode (I believe it’s actually the one in chapter 3 where you need to rescue Wes if he spawns which he has a chance not to..) Where an entire Marbleized biome is just crammed full of Rooks, Bishops and Knights as far as the eye can see

which is as easy as tank everything since clockworks have half hp, armor stack and have more durability plus there is plenty of marble so you can craft marble suit plus football helmet and only get few point of damage. Also, once you rescue wes, you dont have to deal with that set piece ever again.

Adventure mode is just burning every forest and ignoring every enemy while looking for the telepotato pieces

Do you fight every single depth worm all at once during worm waves.. or do you run for your life and try to break them apart to fight them one by one?

i sync their atacks and kill them all at the same time to save time (but if i get hit i receive damage equal to 75xnumber of worms which hurts) Actually i get angry if i only get 3 worms per wave (idk why lately i dont have +6worms waves :() since i only use moggles in the caves to save inventory slots. Also i always clean all the worms from the monkey+banana field which respawns everytime the ruins are reseted so i can have a bundle filled with glow berries in case i have bad luck with depth worm waves

There are ton of things you have to ask about your playstyle, no one way should be the correct or right way to go about it either.

as i said, i dont care about any playstyle of anybody. There is thousands of players using methods or mods that makes the game easier and tjat doesnt affect me but if someone gomes here saying "omg BQ is so easy, buff her" just because they use flingo methods then it matters but not for feeling superior but because there is no logic behind it

this thread is asking if Wanda needs a nerf, and I stated what I felt was OP about her and why I felt it needed nerf’ing (both those things actually were Nerfed.) But the same way I feel X may be OP about her for Y reason- Someone else may feel Another X is OP for another Y reason..

no no no. You spam a lot of things to achieve idk what to the point of liying about how a chad wilson with 2 football helmets and a hambat was able to kill BQ just because you revive him, thing, that if you were more experienced, will know that everybody can do in a better way with LGA which are basically free (NF, gold and red gems stock pile to the point of being food for my lureplants) if wasnt because is unrealistic, Wilson dies a lot of times but only had 2 helmets? beequeen didnt despawns?  a lie

with your questions you just prove me right so, again, sometimes is better to stop at time than keep headbutting a wall

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i kill everything unless im doing a ruins rush on 1st autumn because is a waste of time and resources when i can just craft mag, star caller staff, a couple of crowns and go to the surface before winter start so i can prepare for winter (by prepare i mean having 10 rocks to craft a thermal stone...). As wanda, for example, i kill everything so i can have more NF and thulecite fragments to craft stuff, also because is fun to try to do no damage cleaning with her watch

which is as easy as tank everything since clockworks have half hp, armor stack and have more durability plus there is plenty of marble so you can craft marble suit plus football helmet and only get few point of damage. Also, once you rescue wes, you dont have to deal with that set piece ever again.

Adventure mode is just burning every forest and ignoring every enemy while looking for the telepotato pieces

i sync their atacks and kill them all at the same time to save time (but if i get hit i receive damage equal to 75xnumber of worms which hurts) Actually i get angry if i only get 3 worms per wave (idk why lately i dont have +6worms waves :() since i only use moggles in the caves to save inventory slots. Also i always clean all the worms from the monkey+banana field which respawns everytime the ruins are reseted so i can have a bundle filled with glow berries in case i have bad luck with depth worm waves

as i said, i dont care about any playstyle of anybody. There is thousands of players using methods or mods that makes the game easier and tjat doesnt affect me but if someone gomes here saying "omg BQ is so easy, buff her" just because they use flingo methods then it matters but not for feeling superior but because there is no logic behind it

no no no. You spam a lot of things to achieve idk what to the point of liying about how a chad wilson with 2 football helmets and a hambat was able to kill BQ just because you revive him, thing, that if you were more experienced, will know that everybody can do in a better way with LGA which are basically free (NF, gold and red gems stock pile to the point of being food for my lureplants) if wasnt because is unrealistic, Wilson dies a lot of times but only had 2 helmets? beequeen didnt despawns?  a lie

with your questions you just prove me right so, again, sometimes is better to stop at time than keep headbutting a wall

Realistically speaking: roughly around how many days would your game world need to exist before NF, Gold & Red Gems start stacking to the point you can fed those items to Lureplants?

Please keep the dedicated & klei official server meta out of the conversation- I want you tell me how many Xbox players you have personally seen craft and use Meat Effigy’s.

I would also like to know how much harder it is to craft ONE SCW and use that to infinitely revive everyone that isn’t yourself (including other Wanda’s..) then it is to Stockpile LGA’s & the Magical Unicorn that is Meat Effigy?

Im not even taking into account that Wanda can craft Telltale hearts and then just rewind her age clock so she’s not only the best at revives with her own exclusive watch, she’s also the best at revives due to not needing healing items/resting inside a tent to keep her health points high enough to keep reviving your noob friend who dies 40 times in the span of 2 hours.

To add to that even though her AW & SCW has a cooldown timer to prevent overusing them: You can just craft more of them since they don’t share the same cooldown timer.

To ignore that Wanda is the single best character in the game to revive other players, is to ignore that Wortox is the single best character in the game to heal everyone like a field medic or Wendy being the single best character to deal with Hound Waves, Spider Dens, Angry Bee Biomes & Frog Rain.

Realistically speaking: roughly around how many days would your game world need to exist before NF, Gold & Red Gems start stacking to the point you can fed those items to Lureplants?

Please keep the dedicated & klei official server meta out of the conversation- I want you tell me how many Xbox players you have personally seen craft and use Meat Effigy’s.

I would also like to know how much harder it is to craft ONE SCW and use that to infinitely revive everyone that isn’t yourself (including other Wanda’s..) then it is to Stockpile LGA’s & the Magical Unicorn that is Meat Effigy?

Im not even taking into account that Wanda can craft Telltale hearts and then just rewind her age clock so she’s not only the best at revives with her own exclusive watch, she’s also the best at revives due to not needing healing items/resting inside a tent to keep her health points high enough to keep reviving your noob friend who dies 40 times in the span of 2 hours.

To add to that even though her AW & SCW has a cooldown timer to prevent overusing them: You can just craft more of them since they don’t share the same cooldown timer.

To ignore that Wanda is the single best character in the game to revive other players, is to ignore that Wortox is the single best character in the game to heal everyone like a field medic or Wendy being the single best character to deal with Hound Waves, Spider Dens, Angry Bee Biomes & Frog Rain.

annalise-keating-viola-davis.gif

Most food has healing built in.  Was playing last night and we had quite a few deaths on the team.  At a point I realized - I'm Warly, and this other guy base sitting is Wormwood...  Why are *we* crafting the telltale hearts?  We got this Wolfgang who's eating a lot of potatos and tomatos, which heal 20 each.  Every 2 things he eats is a free telltale heart.

Bacon and Eggs and Turkey Diner both heal 20 each too.  Plus you can just get some fish sticks, literally a fish a stick and 2 junk to heal 40...

And rot is super easy too - get a stack of lightbulbs and leave them on the ground.  Bees drop stingers like 80% of the time.

Just because you haven't seen it done, doesn't mean the option isn't in the game.  Same with meat effigies.

To ignore that Wanda is the single best character in the game to revive other players

Yeah, to ignore Wendy is the single best character in the game for mass farming small mobs...  To ignore Wigfrid is the single best character in the game to tank and trade.... to ignore Woodie is the single best character in the game for running on water...  that doesn't make them OP, that just means they have a thing they do.

Also - lets be real here - if someone is dying that much they must be learning some things about the game.  When I'm learning something new I tend to make a practice world and use a LOT of rollbacks...  Free infinite revives while I learn how to not die every time I do something.  Its great, and its built into the game - no mods needed, don't even have to pick Wanda.

1 minute ago, Shosuko said:

Most food has healing built in.  Was playing last night and we had quite a few deaths on the team.  At a point I realized - I'm Warly, and this other guy base sitting in Wormwood...  Why are *we* crafting the telltale hearts?  We got this Wolfgang who's eating a lot of potatos and tomatos, which heal 20 each.  Every 2 things he eats is a free telltale heart.

Bacon and Eggs and Turkey Diner both heal 20 each too.  Plus you can just get some fish sticks, literally a fish a stick and 2 junk to heal 40...

And rot is super easy too - get a stack of lightbulbs and leave them on the ground.  Bees drop stingers like 80% of the time.

Just because you haven't seen it done, doesn't mean the option isn't in the game.  Same with meat effigies.

Yeah, to ignore Wendy is the single best character in the game for mass farming small mobs...  To ignore Wigfrid is the single best character in the game to tank and trade.... to ignore Woodie is the single best character in the game for running on water...  that doesn't make them OP, that just means they have a thing they do.

The problem with that is Wanda has ALOT of “Things” she can do, and not just one..

She’s what I would basically call the all in one character pick- And I don’t even care if she’s a class canon, she’s basically Smites “The Morrigan” with some of the things she can do.

Spoiler

382156D8-923E-4FE7-9FF8-64A85E3FAD3C.thumb.png.26039ea91833abdde7a4989d7c53af7a.png

The TL:DR- It’s no wonder so many “Former” Wolfgang mains are moving to play Wanda instead, she moves statues better then he can, gets around the map faster then he ever dreamed of, hits with MORE Damage then a “Mighty” Wolfgang.. has a Permanent non-spoiling Hambat even when it’s not being fueled with NM Fuel and she’s not in Old Age, she also doesn’t have to stand completely still in gyms or pumping dumbells.

I would say Wolfgang mains have valid warrant to want nerfs to Wanda or buffs to Wolfgang.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

She’s what I would basically call the all in one character pick

that is woodie, wanda has 0 gathering perks

The TL:DR

why your "too long didnt read" are longer than your post xD

It’s no wonder so many “Former” Wolfgang mains are moving to play Wanda instead, she moves statues better then he can

try to move just 5 statues using her clocks before talk

I really dont like this kind of mindset about nerf when the thing could be a lot funnier if they buff the others instead

but a buff wanda lv 
if the other chars was good as this one imagine the potential 
but yeah yall complainin and tryin to flop her, meh.

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem with that is Wanda has ALOT of “Things” she can do, and not just one..

I'm not sure the point of linking that video, we know Wanda's perks.  What in this video is supposed to mean anything to us?

Is doing a lot of things supposed to be OP?  There are a lot of characters who do a lot of things...  There are a lot of things you can do regardless of your character pick as well.

6 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I'm not sure the point of linking that video, we know Wanda's perks.  What in this video is supposed to mean anything to us?

Is doing a lot of things supposed to be OP?  There are a lot of characters who do a lot of things...  There are a lot of things you can do regardless of your character pick as well.

It’s not the video your supposed to read, it’s the comments section from the video creator where they admit that an unfueled Alarming Clock could use a nerf.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not the video your supposed to read, it’s the comments section from the video creator where they admit that an unfueled Alarming Clock could use a nerf.

You lead with "but Wanda does so many things" so I thought you might be indicating some other perk or interaction, yet the video only made the AC seem OP.  I wanted to be sure before I went into it.

Kinda funny b/c they state the AC is an unfueled 59.5 damage infinite durability weapon.  That got nerfed already.

Unfueled the AC's damage is 28 in young and middle forms, and only 14 in elder.  That's literally axe damage in young and middle, and half that in elder.  Sure you can use it this way, but what are you really gaining?  A single twig and flint every 100 attacks?  Is that really OP?

If you wanna talk about OP stuff (I've posted about this probably being an area to nerf her) you could talk about her fueled damage which is 82 in young and 98 in middle.  Or the nm fuel efficiency which beats out a dark sword in damage to cost ratio even in young form.  They aren't sexy "omg broken" things, but they are real numbers that could be tuned so she doesn't get as much without going into elder.  I think fueled damage at young < 50, and middle <75 would correct a lot of exploitive "young wanda op meta" stuff.

As far as healing, revives, and even teleportation go - none of that is a concern for me at all.  Her ability to heal is easily matched with food.  Most people probably heal 10-20 health per day without realizing it, and if they wanted to maximize for healing could easily get 100+ health per day without risk.  Revives, as we've mentioned recently, are discounted but other forms of revives aren't exactly expensive, and they each have their situational use so even with a SCW available you might choose to not use it because you don't want its result (which imo is a perfect example of a balanced new option being introduced to the game.)  The most I hope for out of backtreks early is that there is an extra tusk I can use to get a backtrek back to base.  Super useful, but I wouldn't call it broken lol.  Getting an network of backtreks set up is a very late game endeavor.  I'd be much more interested in making other late game transport options available to the rest of the cast like teleporting wormholes, or lettings you link a desert stone to a lazy deserter so you can warp to the structure with the stone solo, including between shards.  The tech is there, why not allow these late game luxuries?

Why do people wait till winter to go for tusks? Why do they rely upon a “chance” to get a tusk during specific weather season when couldn’t they just get & deconstruct a Walking cane for a tusk?

Walking Cane which can be obtained randomly from WintersFeast Tree’s or Sunken Treasures out at Sea..?

I mean I don’t get the whole I’ll reroll my worlds until triple tusk spawns meta I see people post.. I don’t have the option to view my full map instantly so I actually have to take the time wandering around my map to know if MacTusk camps spawn, and even then your not guaranteed to get a tusk from killing him (I’ve killed him a few times and no loot at all dropped.. not sure if glitch or not but yeah.)

Just seems like people are only thinking of one way to obtain things, when there are much easier methods- for example: you don’t HAVE to wait till fire hounds spawn to get red gems, you can literally luck up on those from digging up graves or they will fall near you during earthquakes in a cave.

You don’t have to wait for hound waves to get Bone Shards, you can hammer failed survivors (both pre-and player made) you can hammer spoiled fish morsel.. etc.

You don’t have to clear the ruins to obtain Thelucite, just find the archives and hammer down a few walls and Wanda just got the Infinity Gauntlet with all the stones applied.

I’m also assuming you can score walking cane from random pre-generated set piece, WinterFeast Gift, or Sunken Treasure to deconstruct them and get Tusks for Wanda’s crafts.

Right?

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why do people wait till winter to go for tusks? Why do they rely upon a “chance” to get a tusk during specific weather season when couldn’t they just get & deconstruct a Walking cane for a tusk?

Why do you think people haven't considered these options? (which are still chance based)

1) Winters Feast tree takes a bit to get set up, and yeah it gives you a chance to get a cane.  But you've got to deconstruct the cane for the tusk which requires a trip to the ruins.  Since it takes a bit to get set up, is a stationary structure, and there are a LOT of competing tasks, I usually don't see one fully decked out until about Winter anyway.  Also you've got to wait 4 days between getting presents.  If you started a world with a free, fully decorated Winters Feast tree you'd get 5x 12% chances at a cane before Winter started anyway.  (Winters feast is also a seasonal event, you could turn it on if you wanted I guess but I don't.)

2) Sunken chests are actually quite a bit of work to get.  Far too little reward imo ~  They can spawn anywhere around the globe, require a pinchin winch to pull up, and to even get them you gotta open a jar.  Jars spawn every 1-2 days, and have only a ~30% chance of getting a map.  If you started the game and ONLY had getting a sunken chest as your goal you might get 1-2 before Winter.  Each chest has a 30% chance of giving you a cane - again you've got to add a trip to the ruins for a deconstruction staff if you wanna get a tusk for it.  These are definitely an option late game if you're not in a triple mac tusk world though.

Compared to these two the Walrus Camp is *far* better for farming tusks.  Walrus respawn every ~3 days, take only a bit of time to farm, and give you the tusk raw so you don't need to burn decon staves on it.  If I'm aiming to play a world for 1000+ days I'm definitely not going to hold back on re-rolling a world after finding there is no reed trap or triple mac tusk if those are important to me.

Kinda the same thing with red gems - there are only so many graves in the world.  Once you've dug them up, that's it.  That usually gives you enough red gems for some lga and tier 2 magic if you don't go to the ruins early.  After that you will either catch hound waves or live in the caves.  ppl already do these things.  The best gem farms are varg farms, but again - not an early option.

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Walking Cane which can be obtained randomly from WintersFeast Tree’s or Sunken Treasures out at Sea..?

I mean I don’t get the whole I’ll reroll my worlds until triple tusk spawns meta I see people post.. I don’t have the option to view my full map instantly so I actually have to take the time wandering around my map to know if MacTusk camps spawn, and even then your not guaranteed to get a tusk from killing him (I’ve killed him a few times and no loot at all dropped.. not sure if glitch or not but yeah.)

Just seems like people are only thinking of one way to obtain things, when there are much easier methods- for example: you don’t HAVE to wait till fire hounds spawn to get red gems, you can literally luck up on those from digging up graves or they will fall near you during earthquakes in a cave.

You don’t have to wait for hound waves to get Bone Shards, you can hammer failed survivors (both pre-and player made) you can hammer spoiled fish morsel.. etc.

You don’t have to clear the ruins to obtain Thelucite, just find the archives and hammer down a few walls and Wanda just got the Infinity Gauntlet with all the stones applied.

I’m also assuming you can score walking cane from random pre-generated set piece, WinterFeast Gift, or Sunken Treasure to deconstruct them and get Tusks for Wanda’s crafts.

Right?

1:i think getting walking cane with low chance from random think in ocean that you can randomly get from randomly spawning bottles on other edge of the world and than waste green gems on it just to be able to use funny teleportation clocks faster isn't a good idea.

2.People do dig graves, how hound waves connected to bone shards???

3: Have you ever been in archives or ruins?First of all thulecite can be used only in ruins(except maybe 1 craft) so you need to go in there anyway.In archives there is statues made out of thulecite that you can mine.And for hammering walls you get only pieces of thulecite, to get whole thulecite you need to go ruins, only character that it can be useful to is Wanda and Wanda mains use it!!!

And again, if you already need that much tusks for wanda so you ready to deconstruct it you already might have few winters and if you wanda you probably was farming tusks

And again this "chance" to get tusk is 50%, way higher than any other methods you mentioned

I mean I don’t get the whole I’ll reroll my worlds until triple tusk spawns meta I see people post.. I don’t have the option to view my full map instantly so I actually have to take the time wandering around my map to know if MacTusk camps spawn,

The people who use mods or the console to get their desired set pieces are the same people who would care enough to manually reroll and explore the maps until they got them.  Say if they didn’t have access to the console or if they played DST on the (apparently wretched) console version.

Archived