Wolfgang Rework Info

Hi there gang! I thought i'd compile all the info, numbers, specifics i've found on Wolfgang's rework and provide all the details, so here you go!

Mightiness Meter

image.png.b2f36f46b17b9edecc084c044195821e.png

Wolfgang now becomes Wimpy and might when he hits 25 and 75 mightiness respectively. His mightiness drains at a rate of 33 every day(around one point every 15 seconds).

Here are the multipliers on his mightiness depending on his hunger

75-100% Hunger, 0.9x - 29.7 Mightiness per day
50-74% Hunger, 1x - 33 Mightiness per day
25-49% Hunger, 3x - 99 Mightiness per day
1%-24% Hunger, 6x - 198 Mightiness per day (Or around 100 mightiness drained in half a day)
0%(Starving!), 12x - 396 Mightiness per day(Or around 100 Mightiness drained in a quarter of a day)

The Gym
image.thumb.png.e6226c22a4a7c35216d48fd3de2d8b11.png

The Gym! It's a neat fancy little structure. Coming with a somewhat cheapish cost. The two potato sacks on it are included with it! Oh what powerful magic for potatoes to suddenly appear out of thin air.
image.png.cec5fc8d7a3462b63a56eb79d4e00e58.png

331036684_GIF12-10-20219-35-21PM.gif.bb58d5ca053d19f59228a43d535d9f05.gif

This is how the minigame works! Gotta click when the little thingeroo reaches the middle and you get a little bit of mightiness each time! If you're worried about lag. don't worry! This little minigame is client-sided to avoid that issue!

You're able to unload the potato sacks and load different heavy objects, how does that work? Let's see!

The potato sacks have a weight of 1 each, all statues have a weight of 3 except for boss statues which have a weight of 4, and giant crops also have weights of 4(Though rotten giant crops have weights of 3). Every other heavy object will default to a weight of 2!

But how do these weights affect the game? Let's take a look!
image.png.4f274c2fbebe83a32cd732b0c4be98bc.png

Here the gym has a weight of 3 in total. The tree nut has a weight of 2 while the potato sack has a weight of 1, and as you noticed, the little area for doing the minigame has expanded! Making it easier to hit the area time and time again.

How much mightiness do you gain? For gyms with a weight of 2-3, you'll gain 1.667~ mightiness everytime you hit the area.

Now, you get something extra when the gym has a weight of 4 or more!
image.png.3c739347b6df729a125919bbd49871e6.png

Yes! A new area has popped up in the middle. Hitting this area will net you a perfect, and instead of getting 1.667~ mightiness hitting that area, you'll get 3.33~ mightiness!

This area keeps expanding the more weight you put ontop of the gym

Spoiler

Weight of 5:
image.png.66731e823cacece0cb2a52a2429bba0a.png

Weight of 6:
image.png.1e1308d1d860a886af6fd2b9c342cf89.png

The last and final upgrade comes at weights of 7 and above, Mind you you'll need a giant crop or a boss statue to achieve weight 7 or above.
image.png.ad2c44bc42d2f91249985b34c9df5a66.png

The old area that netted you 1.667~ mightiness is completely gone and now replaced with the 3.333~ mightiness area. And a new area has appeared in the middle. Hitting this new area will net you a mightiness of 6.667~ per hit! This area will expand a tiny bit more when you reach weight 8, which is the last and final level of the gym.
image.thumb.png.8608979b58694364cc174f1955bf7418.png

Also! Here are the hunger modifiers while working out!
Weight 2-3: 4x Hunger Drain
Weight 4-6: 12x Hunger Drain
Weight 7-8: 28x Hunger Drain

Dumbells

Dumbbells! They're a neat little new tool for Wolfgang to help maintain his mightiness when he is not at a gym, and they also have a special little ability as a weapon!
image.png.66d2bb08c43e34da988e3b3da621e03c.png
image.png.5ebb2d73d87fd92857b467a2745ca37a.pngimage.png.66d4a3c4594258eb50062b7e82af26f6.png
The Dumbbell has no tech requirements, while the Golden one needs a science machine, and the Gembell requires a prestihatitator.
1670907145_GIF12-10-202110-13-06PM.gif.26124c3b61aebaa24b5cfdcf3c16c529.gif

Equipping and lifting these gives you a mightiness everytime you do a lift. The amount of mightiness depends on your current form and the type of bell. so here's a little chart!

Dumbbell - 0.9375(Wimpy), 0.3125(Normal), 0.3125(Mighty)

Golden Dumbbell - 1.875(Wimpy), 0.9375(Normal), 0.3125(Mighty)

Gembell - 1.875(Wimpy), 1.875(Normal), 1.875(Mighty)

Each Dumbbell has 100 durability, lifting with the regular Dumbbell uses 1 durability, while the Golden and Gembell uses 0.5 durability when lifting.

The Dumbell deals 27 damage, the Golden Dumbbell deals 40 damage and the Gembell deals 59 damage. Attacking with the stone bell uses 10 durability(so ten uses) while the Golden and Gembells use 5 durability.

Now the fun part about these guys. You can THROW them when you're mighty!

1077199187_GIF12-10-202110-20-17PM.gif.c08664075ccd8942f552837f759cd5b8.gif

Throwing these deals an AoE attack, which could help with crowd control.

Misc
Some quick miscellanous perks to go over

Wolfgang can carry heavy objects at 60% speed(while others carry at 30% speed, Did you know it was 15% before this update? Yes they increased carrying speed for all characters, how weird!) and carries Piggybacks and Marble suits with no penalties.
Rowing is 33% more powerful as Wolfgang(Currently causes a crash but looking at the code suggests a 33% more powerful boost in rowing speed!)

Wimpy Wolfgang takes 20% more damage.

Wimpy Wolfgang gets 60 winter and summer insulation subtracted while Mighty wolfgang gets 60 winter and summer insulation added
(Important to note insulation can't go below zero, so this only affects Wimpy Wolfgang if he has insulative clothing on)

Wolfgangs damage buffs are constant values instead of linear scaling. Meaning he deals 2x damage at all times if hes above 75 mightiness and vice versa.

That's all i've got for you now. I'm sure there's things i've missed or even things ive gotten wrong, but im tired now. For my opinion on the rework? I'd like to go in-depth sometime later but conceptually I think it's very neat! I just think it needs a bit more at first glance, but I won't judge til I actually play in a legitamate survival setting! : ).

30 minutes ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Love the aesthetic already.

Btw is there any change to damage multipliers?

23 minutes ago, Hornete said:

No changes, theyre the same as before, .75x, 1x and 2x respectively

Technically true. However, there is one significant change worth mentioning, which is that Wolfgang's damage no longer scales liniarly, instead being a flat modifier when conditions are met.

For reference, pre-rework Wolfgang *technically* had a 2x damage multiplier. However, this was only at maximum hunger. Unless you where constantly topping yourself off, Wolfgang's damage modifier could range from 1.25x-2x, and his health and speed scaled like this aswell.

Now, he no longer has the health or speed, but aslong as his mighty meter's above 75, he's always going to be dealing 2x damage.

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

Technically true. However, there is one significant change worth mentioning, which is that Wolfgang's damage no longer scales liniarly, instead being a flat modifier when conditions are met.

Absolutely, I cant believe I forgot to add that in the Misc section considering to me it's one of the BEST changes to Wolfgang. I really despise linear scaling mechanics in games a lot so constant values are gonna be awesome to play with.

Thanks for reminding me!

Whoa, 33 mightiness per day for 50-74 hunger is A LOT!!! You need to lift weights like every day, and it doesn't depend on form, which means that Mighty and Wimpy ones lose mightiness at the same speed, and it might become tedious because of that.

I'd rather lowered the loss speed for normal and wimpy forms tbh

I have a few questions:

Does carrying heavy objects/ doing mighty actions help keep his Mightiness meter up?

Like: it makes sense that if he is wearing Marble Armor, Carrying a Heavy Item or using the Heavier Backpacks that it would keep his “strength” up 

But does that actually translation into Gameplay or was that just the community hoping for it?

1 minute ago, IanKSB91 said:

Oh the mini-game do look fun jaja (well maybe just for me) but the rate at which the meter fall seems a little bit too fast. 

I dunno, i saw some gameplay of it, and if youre high on hunger, it actually decays quite slowly, combine that with the fact that the 2x damage no longer decays and stays for the entire Mighty duration, i would say its pretty decent.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Does carrying heavy objects/ doing mighty actions help keep his Mightiness meter up?

Like: it makes sense that if he is wearing Marble Armor, Carrying a Heavy Item or using the Heavier Backpacks that it would keep his “strength” up 

But does that actually translation into Gameplay or was that just the community hoping for it?

Carrying heavy objects on your back stops the mighty meter from falling (ie the ones where you have to ditch your body slot).

You lose mightiness all the same with a pggyback and marble suit though. You just aren't affected by the speed penalty if mighty.

Very detailed data introduction! Thank you for your work.

This character rework is very interesting to me. But I thought yesterday that the gym should be a public facility to benefit teammates considering the previous character reworks have team benefits. But the GYM turns out to only serve himself. This is what I think should be modified most.

Another interesting thing is that since Wolfgang was a member of the circus before, . how about the idea that the sanity of his teammates rise when he is performing?

2 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Side note, they increased carry speed for all characters, right? 

Haven't they done this before? Buffing something for all survivors when it relates to the character getting refreshed? I swear I remember it happening but I can't remember with what.

Reap what you sow? :mrgreen:

Archived