Your opinion on skin special effect

I like them. A lot. But not all of the skins should have them, or they'll get annoying. I like the effects on walking canes especially, as the item literally is just to hold in your hand and smack a butterfly now and then, so the effects look very nice and make me look busy. 

I'd like Wormwood's blooming trail to match his skins like the authors of the mod 'Wormwood Flowers Extender' have done. His skins really dont feel complete without this in my opinion. Walking around as triumphant Wormwood with a trail of pastel pink and blue flowers behind you looks so bad. :wilson_facepalm:

Whenever WW gets a skin its always a matter of waiting to see if the mod authors have the time/inclination to update the mod to make the new skin better in a big way for everyone. 

10 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Are we just gonna ignore that bearded abomination?

Oh right, well, this is the same world that I use for complaining about the fence skin :v

In that world I use a mod that allow me to use other characters head skin

I was actually playing as Wilson but wearing Wanda head :v

my point of concern is that the devs refused to grant the victorian wes skin special effects (i.e. a dust cloud) because at the time no other character would have the disticntion therefore making his set more valuable

but now due to the current steam market shenanigans and the addition of more skin sfx i don't see why they wouldn't add that one 

Jokes aside, like BezKa said, some can get really repetitive.

My favorite walking cane will forever be the oracle orb one with a purple glow. Its nice and subtle. The jester one is cool sometimes but it can be too "noisy", adding too much visual to the already ensuing chaos that can happen in the game 

Having said that... I need a mushroom lamp that has tiny moths flying all around it.

15 hours ago, Ohan said:

I'd like Wormwood's blooming trail to match his skins like the authors of the mod 'Wormwood Flowers Extender' have done. His skins really dont feel complete without this in my opinion. Walking around as triumphant Wormwood with a trail of pastel pink and blue flowers behind you looks so bad. :wilson_facepalm:

Whenever WW gets a skin its always a matter of waiting to see if the mod authors have the time/inclination to update the mod to make the new skin better in a big way for everyone. 

I'd love to see this in the future.

19 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

my point of concern is that the devs refused to grant the victorian wes skin special effects (i.e. a dust cloud) because at the time no other character would have the disticntion therefore making his set more valuable

but now due to the current steam market shenanigans and the addition of more skin sfx i don't see why they wouldn't add that one 

Tf2 allows you to put different effects to some skins, like, you get by purchase or trade the skin effect and then decide what skin you place it on. 

Perhaps something like that could be implemented at some point, even if it’s just for head skins. It would also probably make worthwhile having marketable skins, and more than one of the same skin.

Archived