[Game Update] - 482709

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

It just struck me... what if the games stay separate but become connected in a mutually aware way for unlocking things? Like, if you own both Don't Starve Together and Terraria and unlock something in one game, it will allow you to continue you a quest line in the other game, and vice versa. An intertwined story arc of sorts. Then you would have to switch between both games to fully complete a story arc.

Spoiler

If you were around during the Nintendo 64 era, Rare wanted to implement something like that for Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel but it never saw the light of day because of technical limitations (games at that time came in cartridges, and the idea was to enable Banjo-Kazooie to be swapped in a fast fashion to unlock extra features in the sequel;

in a somewhat similar concept Sega made the cartridges for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles physically compatible which allowed one game to be inserted on top of the other cartridge in order to unlock extra features).

• GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

It just struck me... what if the games stay separate but become connected in a mutually aware way for unlocking things? Like, if you own both Don't Starve Together and Terraria and unlock something in one game, it will allow you to continue you a quest line in the other game, and vice versa. An intertwined story arc of sorts. Then you would have to switch between both games to fully complete a story arc.

Reveal hidden contents

If you were around during the Nintendo 64 era, Rare wanted to implement something like that for Banjo-Kazooie and its sequel but it never saw the light of day because of technical limitations (games at that time came in cartridges, and the idea was to enable Banjo-Kazooie to be swapped in a fast fashion to unlock extra features in the sequel;

in a somewhat similar concept Sega made the cartridges for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles physically compatible which allowed one game to be inserted on top of the other cartridge in order to unlock extra features).

Not sure if anyone else has said this, but
This is a super awesome idea, but I think it would only work on PC with the steam workshop. I mean I don't know that for sure but I've never seen anything like that done on PS4, while Steam has things like you unlock Hatty Hattington in Castle Crashers by owning Battleblock Theater. And I'd hate for something so cool to be PC only. But I'm probably totally wrong and it's just that consoles haven't done this, not that they can't, or maybe even they have and I just don't know about it. But there are just tons of things even in Don't Starve you can get on PC for owning ONI or Hot Lava that you can't get on PS4. I really love this idea though :wilson_flower:

• Happy Hazard 1

Klei.....the way you guys implemented the pause function on console is literally perfect. I can not thank you enough for such an immense QOL. I was worried you couldn't pull it off but the R2 inventory management is all I could ever ask for. Let alone the pause button actually pausing. Glorious. :yaypigs:

Edit: the one issue I had is being addressed so no need to leave my complaint lying around. Could only fuel things if fuel source was in inventory. Containers and backpacks wouldn't respond. 

Edited by DaddyDarkLord
Update
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, DaddyDarkLord said:

Klei.....the way you guys implemented the pause function on console is literally perfect. I can not thank you enough for such an immense QOL. I was worried you couldn't pull it off but the R2 inventory management is all I could ever ask for. Let alone the pause button actually pausing. Glorious. :yaypigs:

Edit: I must say there's a big issue on console. It's now incredibly unreliable trying to fuel anything in your inventory. You'd usually hit r2, hover the fuel pick it up and drag it over the empty equipment and spam triangle. Now getting it to add a single fuel is difficult and often does nothing. Hopefully there's a solution or atleast something on my end I can do.

Go to settings and turn off Auto-Pause, you can still Manually pause the game by pressing the start button and scrolling through menu settings to the pause choice.

AUTO PAUSE just pauses the game when you enter your inventory, check your mini-map, etc and it’s annoying, I get WHY they added it (because DS solo also paused like this) But.. I think Klei may have forgotten they made massive changes to how you manage your inventory compared to Solo DS that needing it to “Pause” at all in DST was unnecessary.

Like: things you pick up off the ground Auto-Stacking in your Inventory where as in DS solo they don’t auto stack & it makes that game feel highly outdated.. 

I hope this helps and works for you.

I have my own problem with what I’m assuming is a “Bug” Yesterday while playing I used my tamed Beefalo to attack and kill two wild Beefalo, however when I got off of my tame to gather the loot (I had to drop some stuff to make room in inventory) My Tamed Beefalo immediately became Aggressive towards ME.. it chased me all over the Map and I was unable to lose it because it followed me everywhere in this Angry state until I had to “Kill” Him and roll my Server back- I’m pretty sure this is NOT Intended Beefalo behavior..

But it was sort of funny to see a tamed Beefalo I named “Jester’s Pride” chasing after and Relentlessly trying to kill Wes.

(I was playing as Wes so that may have something to do with my own tame chasing me forever trying to kill me. -_-)