[Game Update] - 482709

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Deerclops in Terraria I feel sorry for those poor souls who play that game now..

We have Zenith, Terraprisma , Last Prism , Phantasm ... what i mean is we'll be fine.

But DST players should worry about this thing instead:

026fb49979cae3ad2f4253cbf1a89b566cb49746

Especially if it's the Expert mode version .. good luck kiting that when it goes into berserk mode. :wilson_laugh:

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 3

Spoiler
2 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

dst_hallowed_nights_social_en.gif

• Fixed a bug allowing the wardrobe to reskin your character to other characters skins.

Ouch, this part truly hurts me on a personal level :wilson_cry:

Don't get me wrong, the QoL stuff is awesome, but for someone that really enjoys a freedom of customization (and had just recently bought a buckton of cosmetics just for use on this bug), this is quite a huge blow to me, and will detract me from buying more cosmetics.

Really wish Klei could revert this one and keep it as a super-secret easter egg or something rather than outright removing them (Klei if you are reading this, I hope you could at least hear my plea).

RiP my proud Sociopathic Wes-X and Wiltox :wilson_ill:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I may be misremembering something, but I vaguely remember Klei mentioning the costume "contest" returning this year. Is it safe to assume I am remembering that wrong?

It's gonna start soonish, at the end of the month

So when searching for servers, it no longer shows what day the server is on? 

I don't like this, seeing what day the server is on along with the season helps me decide if I want to join... Now it just says "Day Unknown". Is this a permanent change, or will it be changed back?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

We have Zenith, Terraprisma , Last Prism , Phantasm ... what i mean is we'll be fine.

But DST players should worry about this thing instead:

026fb49979cae3ad2f4253cbf1a89b566cb49746

Especially if it's the Expert mode version .. good luck kiting that when it goes into berserk mode. :wilson_laugh:

Hopefully its not the rook attack pattern as that was problem with AG.

I think an attack pattern similar to the shadow rook piece boss would be better, where it rushes up to you and then attempts a large chomp. Then as it losses hp begins to rush around faster and faster as it changes targets so it can hit others in multi. In solo it can still rush around randomly before attempting to chomp on the player again. Then add it opening its maw to release a few small eyes for variety.

I cant wait!

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valak said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ouch, this part truly hurts me on a personal level :wilson_cry:

Don't get me wrong, the QoL stuff is awesome, but for someone that really enjoys a freedom of customization (and had just recently bought a buckton of cosmetics just for use on this bug), this is quite a huge blow to me, and will detract me from buying more cosmetics.

Really wish Klei could revert this one and keep it as a super-secret easter egg or something rather than outright removing them (Klei if you are reading this, I hope you could at least hear my plea).

RiP my proud Sociopathic Wes-X and Wiltox :wilson_ill:

Personally I don’t get the “confusion” myself- I play games where characters can CLONE the enemy team and walk amongst them as if one of their own… With DST you can’t really DO THAT because pressing the pause Menu and looking at who is in your game will reveal what character they really are. I kinda want to play with Wortox abilities but while looking like Wilson just so I can go around saying I’ve mastered the secret knowledges of teleportation.

Klei labeled it as a “Bug” though so it’s unintended gameplay that they fixed, I can understand that.. just wish WHO I picked to play as didn’t limit my customization options for HOW they look.. kinda like the Lego games and how you can pick your set of abilities but mix and match heads, arms, torsos, legs & feet to make your Lego character your own outside of his/her abilities.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

yeyeye we all know about beard, please don't bring it up, otherwise I fear this update announcement thread will devolve into blockage from arguments and hate-letters

Well… to help people not talk about that- here’s something to think about: Klei’s 2021 Roadmap had 3 more updates on the map, A QoL, A Content Update & Wolfgang Rework.

We got the QoL update today & Wolfgangs refresh is scheduled for December This means… The Terraria Crossover will be more then just a handful of skins- As it’s the only free month on the Roadmap for the Game Content Update.

I’m really excited for it, hopefully Klei will bring some of Terraria’s bizarre weird & Mildly disturbing mobs into DST: Like Splinterling, perfectly cute.. mildly weird looking and seems like something that should totally already be in DST.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

Klei.....the way you guys implemented the pause function on console is literally perfect. I can not thank you enough for such an immense QOL. I was worried you couldn't pull it off but the R2 inventory management is all I could ever ask for. Let alone the pause button actually pausing. Glorious. :yaypigs:

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this is the QoL update. Its a bonus one.

I can now pause on console so yep! It's so so good. 

• Like 2
  • Health 2

3 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

We also have a super-secret project that we have been super careful not to leak that we absolutely cannot reveal at the moment. 

Sarcasm or is there something else? Terraria cross-over was not the super secret thing? Its explicitly stated not to be revealed at the moment and then further below we get the terraria teaser. What else could it be hmmmm....

Edit: Nvm I was just being hopeful.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Sarcasm or is there something else? Terraria cross-over was not the super secret thing? Its explicitly stated not to be revealed at the moment and then further below we get the terraria teaser. What else could it be hmmmm....

It means your sarcasm detection module is malfunctioning. :(

• Haha 5

Thank you, Klei! :wilson_love: This update is wonderful! Being able to pause at a whim, especially when playing alone, is simply amazing. Being able to rearrange your inventory and checking the map while the game is paused feels very cheeky and cheesy however, but hey, at least the pause feature is here and works in a solid fashion. Thank you so much once again! :yaypigs:

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It’s sarcasm since we’ve known about it for a month now.

Edited by 1bubbainpa
Darn it Quartz >:(
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

19 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this is the QoL update. Its a bonus one.

I don’t think so, the roadmap states QoL update, Content Update, Wolfgang Rework.

I mean even IF this update wasn’t that previously planned QoL, it’s still a QoL (though them calling it a surprise QoL is confusing..) if there’s a bigger QoL still coming (the substantially sized one JoeW teased..) then that’s most likely been pushed into 2022.. 

Where as the remaining two updates for this year would be the Terriara thing coming up in November & Wolfgangs Rework for December.

I do have to say I am slightly disappointed that Hallowed Nights didn’t get any big changes, and that there weren’t any spooky Belongings/Item this year seems Character skins took center stage for this years event.. but hopefully there’s always Hallowed Nights 2022 to make up for that.

Please Klei it’s been 3 years of pretty much the same hallowed nights, WintersFeast got updated with cute Gingerpig homes and Gingerbread Vargs.. and each boss has their own unique skin, show some love to the month of Spooky for next years Hallowed Nights! Please? <3

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1