New Setpiece with Shadow Manipulator?

Ok so I generated a new world and after walking around for a bit a stumbled across this:20210723221628_1.thumb.jpg.58c12ae46b5774a0d87207e97a212aa5.jpg

It's a base with a shadow manipulator, a tent, a chest, a crock pot, 2 beeboxes, some twigs and bushes, and a bunch of stone walls. It even has some wood flooring beneath it.

When I saw this I was so spooked because I'm playing on a solo world. Is this a new setpiece? Has anyone else found this? How rare is this?

here is the seed: 1627102929 (works on version 470691)

On 7/24/2021 at 7:44 AM, BezKa said:

I found that once and was pretty shocked. I didn't stick around that world though, so I have no screens

When did you see it? Was it recently? I'm curious if the setpiece was introduced into DST recently.

1 hour ago, zaptrap said:

When did you see it? Was it recently? I'm curious if the setpiece was introduced into DST recently.

It was pretty recently. I don't remember when exactly, but people are saying it was in DS too so it can't be that new, just really rare. 

+ set pieces are generally very rare. For the year and a half I've been playing both DS and DST, I have not gotten Spider Nest set once. Neither a McTusk village. There was also some square made of pig houses mentioned and I never got that one either. 

I can't remember when I got Warrior pigs last time too. But I have gotten basalt pig both in DS and DST. 

34 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I remember this set piece has been around on the wiki since I first started playing DS, pre-SW, so it's not new.

while the set piece has been around in DS for years, op and I are both curious if it was somehow re-introduced to together in recent updates because neither of us have seen it in this game until now

On 7/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, zaptrap said:

Not the person you asked, but I saw the basalt setpiece in DST over a year ago. Only time I got it in my own world.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:52 AM, zaptrap said:

Ok so I generated a new world and after walking around for a bit a stumbled across this:20210723221628_1.thumb.jpg.58c12ae46b5774a0d87207e97a212aa5.jpgHas anyone else found this? How rare is this?

here is the seed: 1627102929 (works on version 470691)

I’ve seen this set piece a couple of times on DST, mostly in caves and only on worlds that had at least one mod that messed with set pieces (forcing reed trap, triple mactusk, or others)

Do you have any mod that alters set pieces or worldgen in that world?

Archived