dst leaks like new wx refresh*

Abandoned concept from 2019 from when we very first starting working out what the refreshes could be. 

But, WX doesn't have a refresh coming up - we haven't started or decided the next refresh yet.  

6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I have no idea how it ended up in the game files though. 

Newhome devs will probably use them in some way, meaning they will trace them in that horrible artstyle they use and substitute the unique design elements for basic ones. At least, that seems to have been their design philosphy so far.

7 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

I want a big chubby dragon gator thing as a friend.

I think the only one of those that survived is the concept of the gator. THAT gator though, not so much.

Like I said, the stuff there is all real old and had a completely different goal when they were being created, or no goal at all and just being worked on as the team tested out some ideas. 

52 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Abandoned concept from 2019 from when we very first starting working out what the refreshes could be. 

But, WX doesn't have a refresh coming up - we haven't started or decided the next refresh yet.  

if first rework was winonas, does this mean winona could have gotten a mecha

2 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

if first rework was winonas, does this mean winona could have gotten a mecha

I think technically - If I were to piece it together, it's why technically Wes did. 

6 hours ago, newhome said:

lol, kinda sad zark doesnt even know, probably because this asset was made ages ago and is just yet to be released and hes new to the company and not very well liked :(

Zark is overwhelmingly communicative and well-liked within the community of DST players, creators, and modders. This was entirely uncalled for.

11 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

Zark is overwhelmingly communicative and well-liked within the community of DST players, creators, and modders. This was entirely uncalled for.

Not sure where Newhome's comment is coming from. I've been on this forum since 2016 and Zark's helped around the modding scene. I'm hoping Instant noodles gets hired by the devs for all his contributions as well.

I wonder if Newhome's personal attacks are something we don't know about. 5d576e0edf4eb_Arielthoncdiscord.png.53228c98bab766ce8047c212e4242962.png

The OP is a person that has been banned from these forums many times. So, we should move on.

We all love Zach and he is a highly valued member of the team. I think that's pretty well established in the community. =)

2 minutes ago, JoeW said:

The OP is a person that has been banned from these forums many times. So, we should move on.

We all love Zach and he is a highly valued member of the team. I think that's pretty well established in the community. =)

He's the best!

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

I think the only one of those that survived is the concept of the gator. THAT gator though, not so much.

Like I said, the stuff there is all real old and had a completely different goal when they were being created, or no goal at all and just being worked on as the team tested out some ideas. 

So will I get my chubby dragon gator friend someday? owo

This thread does make me wonder if there are assets that Klei has made that are in the 'definitely never going to use' cabinet.  If so, then I wonder if it'd be possible to have these things sort of out there to look over and/or re-use for modders to use who are less artistically talented.

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

Zark is overwhelmingly communicative and well-liked within the community of DST players, creators, and modders.

To note, he has made/contributed to: Mod RPC additions, mod tool updates to make it smoother and responsive, (gem) core features baked into the base game, lots of bug fixes (some were his, but they were fixed quite timely), and other odds and ends.  Probably more revolving with content creation, too.  Not sure on the shaders part if that was his doing/pushing, but he posted the info on its new features to the PostProcessor.

Then there's his presence within the discord communities seems to be all over, and I saw him in some twitch streamers' chats a few times for the times I loaded that up.

10 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

If so, then I wonder if it'd be possible to have these things sort of out there to look over and/or re-use for modders to use who are less artistically talented.

Klei should re-open the "museum" website so the concept images can have a proper place outside the wiki.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I've been asking for a while now. :wilson_dorky:

IIRC there's a single art book owned by Klei themselves, but after how people behaved about these supposed leaks across multiple threads today I wouldn't fault Klei for not eventually releasing either that one or an updated edition anytime soon.

8 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that, I've never seen anything in the community that suggests that Zark isn't well-liked. Quite the opposite, actually.

Spoiler

Random thought just popped into my mind: Klei Dev Appreciation thread, bet

___

Since we're on the topic of "leaks" for refreshes... someone mentioned, after the Webber rework released, that Klei may have hidden (or will continue to hide) hints as to new mechanics coming up in refreshes in their videos. Even though they haven't decided on their next refresh yet, as JoeW stated earlier... it doesn't mean that they haven't had ideas that they plan on implementing in the future (and it doesn't even have to be a new mechanic related to refreshes, could be just changes that will happen, like the supposedly upcoming boating changes).

Archived