dst leaks like new wx refresh*

4 minutes ago, sudoku said:

I think its just more datamining, similar to what is already done in the datamining and art assets thread over in the ROT section of the forums.

that's sweet thinking but this is actually malicious

22 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

What is going on here? I still didn't really get it, is this a real leak, a speculation or complete bonkers? 

(Also if this is WX, he (they?) looks like an advanced lawnmower)

It's bait

29 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Yeah, dst boats are kinda big huh? I still think it could be possible if they spaced the land far enough apart. I was thinking the land composition would look something like 

Reveal hidden contents

aerial-shot-yelnya-swamp-belarus-bird-s-

Not just like a river between two land masses so there should be like room to navigate id imagine.

and what if the land was instead wading-depth water that made you wet as you walked through it instead :wink::whistle:

boats can still go over top ofc

3 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I don't know either lol. Seems like we're being baited by a non-existent WX update leak, idk

TBH it looks like him a little. Also it makes sense too.

32 minutes ago, Well-met said:

that's sweet thinking but this is actually malicious

Oh the intent is for sure, i was just thinking if it is simply datamining then his attempt was kinda lame since there is literally a 80+ page thread dedicated to this sort of stuff.

1 hour ago, newhome said:

lol, kinda sad zark doesnt even know, probably because this asset was made ages ago and is just yet to be released and hes new to the company and not very well liked :(

wilson_young.png.827eec7efe14244408dbc082a90c5c58.pngwickerbottom_young.png.d019e30be05de1f09b8b0c9ed8f3402a.pngwubbin_basic.thumb.png.ded24e0ab89ae9292d900cfb474ba65f.pnghere's some more for you and your code monkey

737672885_bonuswortoxdragon.png.0b7a5ccaad33181fcd769a9cedb02785.pngkator.thumb.png.6722c2272a3b1df4045e926e056b8ba8.pngfumeagator.thumb.png.42460ddcaa4da816b3a94c155306b05f.png

2 more and a bonus skin for those who want it, early version, as is the wx refresh.. fun fact, it actually predates the "warly refresh", probably needed more time and slapped him out in the meantime

Apologies then! I stand corrected, my bad.
These are ancient! I remember some of these actually, they had sounds in the files way before Shipwrecked was released publicly! 
Are there atlases only or the full anim/bins too? Rather exciting really!

9 minutes ago, Slagger said:

TBH it looks like him a little. Also it makes sense too.

My opinion stands, it has WX' color scheme, but it also looks like a lawnmower from ONI got teleported to the Constant and decided to become a terminator

Just now, -Variant said:

These are ancient! I remember some of these actually, they had sounds in the files way before Shipwrecked was released publicly! 

Now that makes more sense. I was waiting for an old-timer dataminer to show up and shed some knowledge if they've seen these or not

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

all for croco & wubbin (though croco looks deeply unfinished) - kator i have the build but it doesn't seem to have any finished animations

4 minutes ago, newhome said:

all for croco & wubbin (though croco looks deeply unfinished) - kator i have the build but it doesn't seem to have any finished animations

Well color me surprised! I had seen the sounds for these eons ago and always wondered what they looked like. Would it be a burden to possibly share them? At the least for archival purposes, these are impressive.

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

Well color me surprised! I had seen the sounds for these eons ago and always wondered what they looked like. Would it be a burden to possibly share them? At the least for archival purposes, these are impressive.

think thats all of them, do tell me if you can match up kator symbols to deerclops or something, they're very familiar shaped

kator atlas-0.png

wubbin atlas-0.png

fumeagator atlas-0.png

wubbin actions anim.bin wubbin atlas-0.tex wubbin build.bin wubbin basic anim.bin wubbin build anim.bin kator atlas-0.tex kator build.bin fumeagator build.bin fumeagator atlas-0.tex fumagator basic anim.bin fumeagator actions anim.bin

some more

this came out?

torch_pillar.png.59a7f2d5f2bf285bc88931e5ba4c645b.pngtorch_pronged.png.2a1636771262ae66daa5f18de4ae15f3.png

or this?

pighouse_hamlet.thumb.png.6543c89fa2b4b65dd4e8b124a1ed5ea1.png

fairly sure this was a hamlet reward at one point, doesn't look like it is now whatever it's for

treasure_map.png.873f23945c66688b8a02b52ec3b94bd9.png

personally my favourite one, very reminiscent of shipwrecked updae posters and an exciting feature for the ocean.

awesome thread 

53 minutes ago, newhome said:

think thats all of them, do tell me if you can match up kator symbols to deerclops or something, they're very familiar shaped

My Ktools doesnt have the option to export animations to gifs but i have this

kator.png

3 hours ago, newhome said:

wubbin_basic.thumb.png.ded24e0ab89ae9292d900cfb474ba65f.png

kator.thumb.png.6722c2272a3b1df4045e926e056b8ba8.pngfumeagator.thumb.png.42460ddcaa4da816b3a94c155306b05f.png

Would be nice if some modder (maybe even one of the KLei devs, as it happened in past with Peter and Zarklord) finished the sprite animations for those 3 mobs above and made a mod with them included, for DST - new mobs would be always welcomed, more-so if originated from KLei. Perhaps in some watery biome type including other past unimplemented official art, like the Crab Apple Tree, Slipstor, Chicken, Baby Water Beefalo, Peep Hen, Snap Dragon, Mangrove Treeguards, Zebs, etc. Is a pity for mentioned unimplemented assets to just float-around wikis.

As for OP's joke, yeah, its... a thing. A "thingamabob".

Ah. Fumegator, we meet again.. 

You know what's really funny to me is that these don't really strike me as DST but more hamlet. 

I only remember hearing about sounds for the "fumegator" so its cool to see it in flesh and blood. well rather in pieces and assets.

I do believe all of these will stay unused until we see em again. Klei leaves out stuff all the time since day one. They even make quotes for those unused things which i never understood.

37 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Would be nice if some modder (maybe even one of the KLei devs, as it happened in past with Peter and Zarklord) finished the sprite animations for those 3 mobs above and made a mod with them included, for DST - new mobs would be always welcomed, more-so if originated from KLei. Perhaps in some watery biome type including other past unimplemented official art, like the Crab Apple Tree, Slipstor, Chicken, Baby Water Beefalo, Peep Hen, Snap Dragon, Mangrove Treeguards, Zebs, etc. Is a pity for mentioned unimplemented assets to just float-around wikis.

As for OP's joke, yeah, its... a thing. A "thingamabob".

not a joke

fumeagator.fsb

also this exists

wyro sounds too, they're not new so i wont bother uploading but they ARE marked dlc001 which is interesting.

fumeagator is marked together explicitly

no wubbin sounds

wx_mech_basic also has an anim.bin and a build.bin but no functional animations, just an idle pose to show how it goes together which i put in the OP.wx_mech_basic build.binwx_mech_basic anim.bin

=====================

any requests for skin files as raw png? or things to check for anim.bin, build.bin that i have missed here? sounds to check for?

2 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

It uses deerclops animations. Looks like deerclops but with shorter legs.

yeah, i mean maybe he just used deerclops sounds too, may well just be the precursor 

Archived