What new environment would you like to see

with all the hints of dimensional travel i would love to see some crazy new dimensions

- more time period stuff could be cool, i loved the gorge so much and its whole victorian theme

- ive heard people mention stuff about ice biomes before and that would be super neat

- maybe dreamlands for every character, would either be everything they ever wanted, their worst fears, something in between (though that'd be hard, more a fun idea then a suggestion)

and other ideas that aren't dimensions:

- the moon? like actually going up there, even if its not a rock and actually some eldritch diety?

- the throne room... maybe we can finally have a confrontation with charlie. she keeps showing up in shorts but we never get to see her ingame. charlie boss fight??

- underwater. not sailing but a whole new world underwater. i heard there was a mod adding something like that but it might be cool to be an official thing

tho i'd like a new season/season reworks if there would be a new zone a underwater type cave things would be cool where you have an oxygen tab and can make a swim suit and wurt could have more oxygen than other characters and other balances to characters it could be cool (and for the love of god make reeds renewable if they were to add a new zone just make them renewable for the love of god)

Hamlet like jungle where I can hang out with my plant buddies.

Make a jungles island since everyone want islands including myself. Poison, poison everywhere (that wormwood is immune to)

Add a volcano island while were at it.

Also a tundra island.

Just a bigger ocean with more islands. As it stands right now the current surface world is 99% the place you spawn on, with the only other islands being a small island with a crab woman & no resources & a larger island that basically only has its few exclusive resources. Wouldn't it be so cool if there were more islands of various sizes with various resources on them? Small islands the size of Pearl's island, bigger islands the size of a biome or maybe even two, tropical islands, desert islands, anything you can think of islands. Could make for fun exploration, fun bases separate from the mainland, ways to get more resources like cactus & reeds.

New islands in the ocean with exclusive biomes like jungles, rainforests or tropical beaches with palmtrees, more cave biomes might work (lunar grotto and archives proved this): something like crystal cave where you can mine some pretty rocks with a slight chance to get a valuable gem 

5 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

I remember this idea I had for a lunar rainforest with non-stop rain. Might be a fun way to encourage use of rain protection equipment? :eek-new:

Islands with different perma weathers would be so cool

For example, to add to your idea, an island with a stronger winter or desertic islands with perma summer (idk why already both desserts doesnt have a higher temp than the rest of the mainland)

I for one would like a small SW-oriented island in South of current DST Ocean. Nothing fancy, just small samples of SW biomes in a compact, Pearl-like, isle. Plus some adjacent SW-type water biomes (and specific mobs) around it, let's say for ~5-10 tiles around said theoretical island. Would be a fine compromise for people demanding SW content for years now, and in hindsight of having all of the SW-porting mods out there dying for various reasons and being unusable anymore (incompatibility reasons with newer DST updates).

11 hours ago, Nino123 said:

Forge and gorge biomes, accessible on a late game by a portal after killing a hard new boss. Could beca way to find some new stuff (seeds, mobs, crafts...).

yess i always thought about the salt ponds and how useful they would be :)

More NPC villages like the pigs. But not pigs. Mactusks maybe. Or maybe bird towns with NPCs like in the new event.

We need more civilizations in the world.

Also maybe some biomes that could be swapped out with what we have. Like maybe the pig zone or the mactusk zone are each in the world and one ends up on the first body of land and one is across the sea, but it could be either.

After playing (and 100% completing) Carto I kinda want to see environments like those added into DST..

like basically Sandy Desert, Arctic Iceberg, Volcanic Biome.

Just things that really add a ton of new content and things to see and do into the game.

Arctic ocean island. We could have polar bears, seals, pengulls, and ice year round. Something I really want to see is a killer whale mob that could be ridden on the ocean similar to beefalo. Maybe we could have a neutral walrus village that you could barter with, but if you have a tam or cane equipped, they'd attack you.

It'd also be cool to see crow villages, since sentient crows are a thing now.

On the surface, maybe a spider civilization biome with webbed turf all over it would be interesting - with nests in the shape of buildings and environmental structures wrapped in silk, and slightly more sophisticated looking spiders. Only Webber or a player wearing a Spider Queen hat can enter safely without alerting guards.

Inside you can trade trinkets or meat with a spider equivalent of Pig King for clothing materials, sew clothing onto armor or prototype unique spidery things, stuff like webbed turf for farms, a spear you can throw and rappel back on a thread, a silk bomb that explodes into webbed turf and wraps structures like trees together so they all fall if one is chopped.

9 hours ago, Atkvin said:

with nests in the shape of buildings and environmental structures wrapped in silk, and slightly more sophisticated looking spiders

Sounds creepy and perfect for a new event in my opinion. Might help naysayers who say the game lost its creepy roots.

A jungle of Hamlet mutated by the moon...

Spoiler

Although it is unlikely that by making the lunar storm, other pieces of the moon would fall on Hamlet, and it would topple these islands onto the current world of survivors.

And making an entire island appear in the ocean after the world is created doesn't seem simple.

Also in the animation it seems that when the moon woke up, it was broken into very small pieces.

Unlike the first time it generated a very large island

Archived