What new environment would you like to see

6 hours ago, Well-met said:

that reminds me we still need the boss behind all the tentacles

Weird link between shadows and tentacles. They both seem to originate from underground and there's a shadow version of the tentacle that doesn't appear to be unintentional corruption like the monkeys. I certainly hope we get to see what's going on down there. 

Diving locations at sea! Drop a diving bell to have a way up/down as well as a safe spot for air. Explore underwater reefs, shipwrecks, and ruins! Experience a new assortment of creatures both friendly and... less so. Also experience turbulent water currents that affect your movement to spice up the combat experience!

image.thumb.png.96d071f7a6094a254dd82cfe41ab217e.png

i would like a mangrove/cedar swamp biome to transition land to sea with exclusive mobs and plants not entirely unlike Shipwrecked but less tropical. 

i also really love the idea of the hooded forest biome that the Uncompromising Mode mod adds 

5 hours ago, Ohan said:

i would like a mangrove/cedar swamp biome to transition land to sea with exclusive mobs and plants not entirely unlike Shipwrecked but less tropical. 

i also really love the idea of the hooded forest biome that the Uncompromising Mode mod adds 

The forest in that mod blew my mind.

Some kind of a village with a lot of campfires and torches with friendly villagers where you could just sit down and listen to background music and read books like I do with http://amazon.com/dp/B094NMRWPJ. But usually, I get distracted by monsters near my campfire. 

Actually when I play with my girlfriend: we read the book out loud to each other. Especially right now due to different COVID restrictions. I miss her... 

I personally really want the Sugarwood biome from gorge to comeback cause I think it looks neat. Aside from that I'd like more biomes with special properties kind of like the oasis with how things don't combust in it. Like temperature is different, one has a small sanity aura, etc.

15 hours ago, Phantom5533 said:

Some kind of a village with a lot of campfires and torches with friendly villagers where you could just sit down and listen to background music and read books like I do with http://amazon.com/dp/B094NMRWPJ. But usually, I get distracted by monsters near my campfire. 

Actually when I play with my girlfriend: we read the book out loud to each other. Especially right now due to different COVID restrictions. I miss her... 

Okay cool

Well i Think that honestly, first and foremost the mainland needs to be smaller, like 30-40% smaller, most places are never visited and are unnecessary, i dont really need a third savanna (except this one is by the dragonfly desert :0!!!) i do think the mainland is complete, it doesnt really need any additional love, obviously more content is better but id rather have more islands than another mainland biome. 

as for islands id love to see any of the following:

mechanical island: the entire island is a factory to make the automatons, (its decrepit so it only produces broken ones) some ancient tech would be nice, maybe a big nightmare fissure in the middle to power it; maybe even a cave entrance on the island itself that leads near or to the ruins for an alternate route to the ruins, it could spring out of the water activated by unknown means. (for the animation, gameplay wise its just there) its meant as a difficult island, one of the things you wanna find when you’re out on the water

Id also like a wood biome, basically a giant tree that grew in the ocean, you can walk on the root structure and fight with giant termites that infest the “island” and attack you if you’re carrying wood. The entire time you’re near or on the island you get the butfs to insulation and wetness resistance from being near a tree in summer small wildfires break out and burn down any harvestables, but they grow back in autumn (also replenishing anything dug up or burned down by players), in winter the termites are hibernating. Its surrounded by a large group of branches that hang down and can be chopped for wood, with smaller branches tht can be harvested for twigs, the island itself is loaded with food that cant be transplated off of it, but you can get a seed and start to grow your own group of trees on the water. The point is to make a good pit-stop island that is useful for players to stop at to stock up on supplies while on the water. 

my third island suggestion is a hotspring/geysy island. Its exactly what it implies, i want a hot wet island with lots of minerals and appropriate mobs. Maybe some more rock creatures. Maybe move dragonfly to this island so a raid boss like her doesnt spook people wandering through her territory on accident, but pwrhaps not. Maybe instead a different fire themed boss thats incredibly hard without scale mail (also scale mail plsthanks)

Overgrown jungles or tropical islands on the mainland. 

Also some type of civilization / city like the pig town in hamlet. Maybe an enemy city which you can only enter with a disguise, or through a secret entrance and make whole new mechanics and loot in that entire area. 

On 6/7/2021 at 5:00 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

An island in the middle of the sea with elder ruins pre-ancient tecnology with feral, primitive and insane ancients worshiping like a god an elder giant squid 

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

I second this. After seeing the Ancient Archives I was expecting the lost city of R'lyeh to show up.

9 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

Overgrown jungles or tropical islands on the mainland. 

Also some type of civilization / city like the pig town in hamlet. Maybe an enemy city which you can only enter with a disguise, or through a secret entrance and make whole new mechanics and loot in that entire area. 

merm city  merm city merm city merm city please

Archived