[Spaced Out! Update] - 464793

2 hours ago, Yunru said:

Space stations man, space stations! 

That would be amazing.  I imagine some "station module" that you could deploy anywhere in space and would act as a large buildable area.

You would need to be able to go there without having to land or maybe you would need a "docking module" to dock with the station.

Building a station in each empty space spot would be something else.

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

8 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

That would be amazing.  I imagine some "station module" that you could deploy anywhere in space and would act as a large buildable area.

You would need to be able to go there without having to land or maybe you would need a "docking module" to dock with the station.

Building a station in each empty space spot would be something else.

My only worry about the whole space station idea is the lag. I would love it as a feature, but adding more parts to the map then rockets already do just kind of worries me when it comes to computer performance.

• Sad 1

you can teach your Duplicants the "Demolition" Skill and wipe those Gravitas buildings off the map (if you feel so inclined).

Do the same for Neutronium and make it refineable and usable. Could be associated with radioactivity, like unleash a lot of rads when you dig it.

New crash

NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[T] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/Component.bindings.cs:42)
SuitTank.GetTankAmount () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SuitTank.cs:53)
SuitTank.PercentFull () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/SuitTank.cs:57)
ProgressBar.Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ui/ProgressBar.cs:65)

7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

"We've also started putting artifacts back into the game, along with a number of new and updated points-of-interest to host them. And once you're done gathering them, you can teach your Duplicants the "Demolition" Skill and wipe those Gravitas buildings off the map"

7 hours ago, pether said:

Does... does it mean... does it mean what I think it means...? :love-struck:

:hopelessness::cool-new::rolleyes:

image.png.6241581968f6046a967e39a9874ce3ac.pngimage.png.75af3217b8183e39f12c0570d8c7dd3b.pngimage.png.46e924188d1f46becc3171434dc72f09.png

sponge bob eye.gifimage.png.31223705e02dba74400b4ba582278265.pngimage.png.35129788170a6c6d7b9dcd5f73c9cc94.png

image.png.e00b70844a766715e549e0ac39af7238.pngimage.png.fa7f6d2074117fcc57045c283e921949.pngimage.png.99121b72db656293d6ece021ed842db2.pngimage.thumb.png.19e7ca99d6fb6cd8c8615585f2ccc917.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Big Ups 1

Is there a way to get these when this comes out for the base DLC version, without a new world???  Would be a cool idea, like maybe at first there are no asteroid fields, but overtime they spawn till there is a certain amount.

Or you could do it so as long as you havent already generated that part of space, the space POIs can be in a space hex of an already existing save

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

This is some exciting stuff, cant wait to play around with all the new toys!

I agree with the above, pliers mod would be a great addition to the base game, even if a dup had to do the work. Though I would prefer the dup free version.

If the orbital/atomic research was useful to other things then just the research tree that might make it less of a one and done thing. Or perhaps if some rare recipes have a RadBolt/Microgravity requirement to craft. It's sad that we never need the orbital microlab again as the dup animation is top notch and never gets old :)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

Overall implementation of Space Research is alwful. You pile plastic and just launch rockets to research some vital researches to research everything as fast as possible. It is awful and one of the most artifical and tedious hardcaps in the game.

It is literally "launch several times and never touch it again" thing and obvious bad design.

I agree, I preferred the pre-DLC approach where you are supposed to reach further and further to research at sane speed.

My ideal solution would be producing limited quantities of space research on each other planets, so that you can't progress without colonizing, rather than just having to micromanage the

• Load rocket with food and toilet equipment and launch
  • Bring back rocket when researchers start starving/lashing out
  • Clean up CO2 from the rocket (may involve having to rebuild the whole rocket)
  • Like 1

Maybe space research could be integrated into space exploration? Telescope and Cartographic Module could yield databanks when they survey starmap tiles, and databanks could be converted into research points with Virtual Planetarium. It could replace, or act as an alternative to current plastic+mircolab approach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meltdown said:

Maybe space research could be integrated into space exploration?

The first time I used the orbital research lab, it was mid update so I already had researched the bigger spacefarer module. So, I just made a steam rocket and while it took its time reaching the new planet I was about to drop a rover at, I was also finishing my orbital research. When I started from scratch though, it was easier to just finish every "easy" 5 point orbital research from the orbit of the starting planet. The fact that the microlab needs a constant out-of-rocket/space resource, I think it makes it a bit clunky. (But I also don't know how everything plays out now after this update :-D)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

The first time I used the orbital research lab, it was mid update so I already had researched the bigger spacefarer module. So, I just made a steam rocket and while it took its time reaching the new planet I was about to drop a rover at, I was also finishing my orbital research. When I started from scratch though, it was easier to just finish every "easy" 5 point orbital research from the orbit of the starting planet.

Thats why I suggested "exploration" method as possible alternative, not necessary replacement. If you have all map already surveyed, you may still use microlab to gain recearch. And if you start new game, just using telescope to gain databanks for first few technologies is less cluncky than micromanaging orbital microlab.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian.oni said:

These were the ones I could spot on my first map 

Reveal hidden contents

Gilded Asteroid Field (Gold; Fullerene; Pyrite)

Oily Asteroid Field (Methane*; Carbon Dioxide*; Crude Oil; Petroleum) *Frozen

Frozen Ore (Copper Ore; Ice; Aluminum Ore; Cobalt Ore)

Glimmering Asteroid Field (Tungsten; Wolframite)

Helium Cloud (Water; Hydrogen; Niobium)

Organic Mass (Algae; Slime; Polluted Oxygen; Dirt)

Rocky Asteroid Field (Copper Ore; Sedimentary Rock; Igneous Rock)

Interstellar Ocean (Ice; Salt Water; Brine; Salt)

Oxygen Rich Asteroid Field (Polluted Oxygen; Water; Ice)

Sandy Ore Field (Sandstone; Algae; Copper Ore; Sand)

Carbon Asteroid Field (Refined Carbon; Coal; Diamond)

Exploded Gas Giant (Natural Gas; Hydrogen)

Metallic Asteroid Field (Iron; Copper; Obsidian)

Radioactive Asteroid Field (Uranium Ore; Sulfur; Bleach Stone; Rust)

Radioactive Gas Cloud (Uranium Ore; Chlorine; Carbon Dioxide)

Chlorine Cloud (Bleach Stone; Chlorine)

Exploded Ice Giant (Ice; Carbon dioxide*; Methane*; Oxygen)

Swampy Ore Field (Mud; Polluted Dirt; Cobalt ore)

Satellite Asteroid Field (Steel; Copper; Glass)

Forest Ore Field (Igneous Rock; Aluminum Ore; Carbon Dioxide

Salty Asteroid Field (Carbon Dioxide; Salt Water; Brine)

Oxidized Asteroid Field (Carbon Dioxide; Rust)

Ice Asteroid Field (Ice; Carbon Dioxide*; Oxygen*)

Anyone spot any different ones?

Other info, there's no notes about regen rates for the materials (just current mass), but it does seem to be regening.   Also, a quick flight to the sand ore field pulled back different amounts of the available elements so I'm guessing there are % amounts to the different elements similar to vanilla.   Extraction rate at the first poi was 7.5kg/s iirc.

If you look carefully, you'll see that there are no critters, and some unused elements. This is because it's still on testing, so expect biological cargo bays soon!

• GL Happy 1

I'm hoping we get a new world generation option in this testing cycle. I'm way more willing to create a new world for new features if I have a new world type to create.

That being said, this is already a massive improvement to the game as is. Now I feel much more reason to still go to space once I colonize the inner ring + the water world, where before I basically completely stopped launching rockets once I had a base on every planetoid I wanted to colonize.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TuxSam123 said:

If you look carefully, you'll see that there are no critters, and some unused elements. This is because it's still on testing, so expect biological cargo bays soon!

I hope there will be critters and plants mainly wheezeworts or worts.....renewable source for lazy mutant farms