Why doesn't Wortox appear in animated shorts?

23 minutes ago, Another membe said:

Even in the new Eye of the Storm trailer, he's nowhere to be seen.

You'd think that since he loves fun stuff, he would be present for such a grand event.

Well someone’s gotta hold the camera.

1 minute ago, Mariv said:

Maxwell doesn’t either, wortox isn’t exactly part of the survivors but Maxwell should be, unless there is a lore reason for not including him...

But... he does show up animated shorts.

Also, wurt finally appeared in one that isn't her own trailer, very shocked to see!

24 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

But... he does show up animated shorts.

Also, wurt finally appeared in one that isn't her own trailer, very shocked to see!

I meant he and wortox are the only ones not present in the group picture at the end, literally everyone is, I just don’t understand why, I don’t think they would just forget about him 

26 minutes ago, Mariv said:

I meant he and wortox are the only ones not present in the group picture at the end, literally everyone is, I just don’t understand why, I don’t think they would just forget about him 

I agree. While I do understand limiting his appearances in normal update trailers, since he doesn't really have a real place in the story. (He's kind of just there to have fun). I really don't understand why Klei removed him entirely from update trailers. The only update trailer he appears in is his own. That's it. And I thought for sure at the end of the new gameplay trailer he would appear with all the other survivors just for once. Maybe he is visiting his mother, after all, he has one, he's the only one that can leave the constant, and it's close to Mother's Day.

I think that its because Klei didnt want Wormwood Wurt and Wortox to be cannon because they werent available for all players, but then they made Wurt and Wicker have a mentor-apprentice relationship and kinda had to show Wormwood in a farming rework update, so he also showed up. They still seem to be reluctant to add wortox to the trailers, and its probable the new DLC character will end up the same. I dont really know why though, at the end of the day they still are characters, paid or not.

6 hours ago, Another membe said:

Even in the new Eye of the Storm trailer, he's nowhere to be seen.

You'd think that since he loves fun stuff, he would be present for such a grand event.

Since DLC characters ain't part of the original survivors there is less chance for him to appear anywhere

1 hour ago, LinknAllie said:

But what about Maxwell?  He isn't in the animated parts either.

As a Maxwell main myself it’s really annoying, he should be on the group picture at least, specially because he is a character so relevant to the lore, or he should be, I’m not sure anymore 

3 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

I see alot of people whining about a DLC character being absent from the shorts meanwhile maxwell was in one where his design was completely butchered

Yeah I am a bit disappointed on that one. You'd think the main antagonist of the first game would be a bit more important in the "sequel". I wonder if the artists who work on the shorts just really hate drawing him, which would explain his look in Forgotten Knowledge. Either way, I hope he gets some more representation.

I was going to make a joke comment about how he keeps "teleporting out of frame", but then I thought about it and honestly it literally just may be a running gag. The ultimate prank.

7 minutes ago, SuperMeatGoy said:

I see alot of people whining about a DLC character being absent from the shorts meanwhile maxwell was in one where his design was completely butchered

Maxwell the least caring, self centered ego maniac seemingly heartless cold man is seen in Forgotten Knowledges PULLING Winona away from Charlie- Almost as if “Hey I know that looks like your sister but leave her alone or your gonna get hurt.”

I believe that’s pretty colossal to games lore..

And Maxwell may not be in these Trailers because he’s off trying to solve what exactly Charlie is up to..

Archived