Name something DST should add to bring in/back more players.

I think some sort of challenge would make it more interesting perhaps a dungeon of sorts where entering leads to multiple random paths and even new bosses. 

Giving you special loot each time you do it. It would make for a challenge and give added reasons to keep trying and trying again. 

Also harder seasons after year 1. Blizzards, storms, force players to live out at sea and adapt. 

Just a few ideas I think would be cool. 

I'd just like to see more stuff akin to early/mid RoT, sailing, fishing and some of those mechanics have for sure given me another few thousands hours of playtime because of so many new playstyles you can do from day one.

While I don't mind the late-game stuff like Forgotten Knowledge and Eye of the Storm I feel like they're just a one and done thing, I don't find myself going back to the Grotto/Archives sadly except for light bugs (Especially with the nightmare war which is just blatantly annoying...)

I think more weather effects would be great. Blizzards in winter, floods in spring, hurricanes at sea, maybe tornadoes or a heat wave in summer? Definitely would lean towards a harder difficulty that more experienced players have been asking for, and would make the peaceful feeling of autumn even more relieving.

Bringing back the dark and creepy tone for the game.  

Some new hazards for the seasons would be nice now that the moonstorm is a mechanic. 

Making summer a more interesting season

More stuff for the ocean (Whirlpools, Hurricanes, ect)

You know, this topic is more relevant if you knew how many people actually kill fuelweaver (and soon the celestial champion) in their worlds. Because otherwise, most people are not even exhausting the sheer amount of content this game already has to ask for more.

Sure I get it, you re a pro, you fall in the category of killing fuelweaver every summer. But klei is already providing new content every month on top of the 100s of hours worth of stuff already here.  I think its really unfair to ask for more stuff. I mean, there are mods for that.

Only thing I want is the Forge back. That had incredible replayability and potential for more

Aside most proposals above, more types of useful weapons. We basically got Spear for some days early-game, then mostly Ham Bats and Dark Swords, with a contextual use of Glass Cutters. Thulecite Clubs frankly are more handy for the 10% speed after 1st Autumn Ruins rushes than a practical weapon long-term. With all those Hound Teeth piling up, perhaps an efficient Teeth weapon of sorts would be a welcomed addition. Maybe a Bee Stingers lance too? Or a Hound Teeth & Bee Stingers Club? But definitely more viable weapons in end-game.

PS: yes, Teeth and Stingers still pile up, even after 1st year, and just giving them to Lure Plants/throwing into the Abyss is pretty lackluster for resources directly proportional in abundance over in-game spent time.

17 minutes ago, JWalker1311 said:

You know, this topic is more relevant if you knew how many people actually kill fuelweaver (and soon the celestial champion) in their worlds. Because otherwise, most people are not even exhausting the sheer amount of content this game already has to ask for more.

Sure I get it, you re a pro, you fall in the category of killing fuelweaver every summer. But klei is already providing new content every month on top of the 100s of hours worth of stuff already here.  I think its really unfair to ask for more stuff. I mean, there are mods for that.

Only thing I want is the Forge back. That had incredible replayability and potential for more

I am not a pro. Far from it. 

Also do not take this post as "I Do not think Klei has enough content in DST" that is not what I am saying. It is just a fun post to see what people would love to see added. I also play with a ton of Mods but mods only can only take the game so far before it no longer feels like DST.

37 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Bringing back the dark and creepy tone for the game.  

This is simple but great. I love DST much more than the solo Don’t Starve game, but I don’t think a moment has really gripped me the same way as Wilson being take onto the nightmare throne and the gramophone beginning to eerily play again.

26 minutes ago, JWalker1311 said:

I don’t think this post was meant to degrade anything that Klei has already put out/has planned. I’m super excited for the moon storms and celestial champion. This is more about sharing cool concepts and opinions rather than claiming there’s a lack of content and demanding more, because the team is always providing us with great stuff. As for mods, I’m a console player, so any content that’s already present in mods is sadly beyond my reach.

pretty lame ideas i've got but here are my two cents

1. Making the ocean more enjoyable and rewarding.

A powerful drop from Rockjaws akin to a Swordfish drop is one thing i can think of.

Fish farms are another.

I was also thinking sea buildings but we already have that on rafts

2. Wall rework

more early game things since this pass beta has been something more late game and some more mandatory late game stuff that we'd have to adapt to such as seasons getting harder over time like the blizzard idea which could happen after your first winter and your later springs could bring harsh winds ect ect 

22 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

pretty lame ideas i've got but here are my two cents

1. Making the ocean more enjoyable and rewarding.

A powerful drop from Rockjaws akin to a Swordfish drop is one thing i can think of.

Fish farms are another.

I was also thinking sea buildings but we already have that on rafts

2. Wall rework

I love these ideas and not just saying that the ocean needs to be me enjoyable to venture into. 

things that makes every world unique like set pieces and other things to make worth exploring certain biomes and a more random and less predictible world gen

weather progression and new season to break the routine

more fish shoals (takes a lot of boring time to find the fish you want like the thermal ones) along with a fish register and more islands

1 hour ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Just a few ideas I think would be cool. 

Just a cool idea that won't come true. No matter how many mechanical changes we want, just it remains only an idea unfortunately, every time. Over the years, one gets tired of doing the same things and wants to see things that can be new and wonderful, like you and me, but we both know that such a thing is difficult to happen. I don't judge what Klei brings but when I see the things that can come, the things that come are frustrating

I am someone who produces theories on the things that have come and can come, on only one image, but it hurts me to see simple things coming instead of the things I think, but I got used to it. I think you're just like me.

but first of all does it realy NEED more things? just for the reasons of "more is always better"? or does the player base realy NEEDS more players or is it alredy fine as it is? you know actualy the playerbase is just fine as it is realy and just add new things just because of new things= good? whitout preparing and carefully crafting an way to make it feel more of an adventure of earning the things you get all those questions have to be made before just adding things

Y'know, all this talk about wanting the darker tones and themes to come back would do wonders in an update to insanity...

Maybe there could be an update chain involving the nightmares/Charlie fighting back the celestial forces that includes an insanity overhaul (game gets creepier the less sanity you have, more nightmares, dull colors, new appearances, etc.)

Archived