Spaced Out! Big Asteroid Update Available Now! - 461084

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added "Classic Style" Terra Cluster

• Classic style worlds are intended to be evocative of the base game experience. They offer fewer asteroids on the starmap, but each is larger and more resource dense.

Looks insanely large. After playing DLC for a while its hard to look at it back. I feel like the there should be simply a slider to pick the size vs number of asteroids. I would definitively prefer something in the middle of those two options :D

1 hour ago, babba said:

Hehe :ghost:

20 hours of excavation on the new big Terra Classic map :bee:

image.thumb.png.55f1a435507a414846789ee2376ac760.pngimage.png.d82ef34ae19b120b72d95d39c906a3ee.png

Once the geysers are undug, my strategy was to identify possible rocket paths from the map bottom to the top. I put rocket gameplay now on hold and hope Klei re-implements rocket stacking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arvenil said:

Looks insanely large. After playing DLC for a while its hard to look at it back. I feel like the there should be simply a slider to pick the size vs number of asteroids. I would definitively prefer something in the middle of those two options :D

Yeah, I think the size could be overwhelming for some players - Especially beginners. I spent over 20 hours, often on fast forward at high game speed digging ( currently 40 dupes ). One can easily dig 20-100 hours on this map. I think someone could spend 1000 hours just decorating ( @MooChiChi :confused: ) some awesome fully built base in survival mode. :applouse:

For me the map is perfect...enough space for industry, processing and storage + rocket silos and handling.If Klei gives me stacked rockets back...Then the sky is the limit :calm:

Some medium sized classic maps would be a great option for peoples.

image.thumb.png.f1e501f16e7b7a17cfe65e6c2d3e7472.png  Digging, always digging. More digging. :x:ghost::x

image.png.04dc680b4850afce86ed30d83fe29599.png  :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

GIGATONS OF URANIUM :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

LOTS OF FOSSIL for STEEL :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

Lots of Ice, Dual AETN & Zillions of Wheezies  :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

Reed Fiber :congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

image.png.bb6e10b26a37c9c684e8f9cd284d2e6e.png:congratulatory::congratulatory::congratulatory:

image.png.a49534b5ec4f84560040d5baec28305b.png:congratulatory::congratulatory:

image.png.8dab14caa2f062a7bc54efbd52e00713.png:congratulatory:

image.thumb.png.416f2aac66fd96f6e0a79127e086a4b8.png  More digger heat pain quickfix-repair-healing-stations. More, more !

image.thumb.png.4ae44268ba7d23e06b1a9ac08ce692d4.pngimage.thumb.png.44625255916b659367c6f05fbde14082.pngimage.thumb.png.5399dd3a232174b5c8d7079d38396cfe.png

Seed lottery - DLC Classic Terra

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Here's what I want next:

1. A renewable source of graphite.  Like maybe a plant that very slowly converts refined carbon to graphite.  I know Klei has plans for... something on the ice asteroid.  I might do that myself anyway.  I've got a mod that customizes plants.  I'll probably hack the hydrocactus - that's useless anyway.  The point being that currently the gigantic supply on the water asteroid is just excessive.  What do you do with it 3000 tons of supercoolant?  Like, other than turn your volcanoes into giant thermal batteries.

2. Random outer asteroids.  Like, maybe instead of an ice asteroid, we have a desert asteroid. I made one like that - temperate sandstone on top of desert on top of oil. Or, whatever.  Asteroids that perform similar functions, but are a bit more interesting and what not.  Just not the same 5 asteroids every time.  But the key thing is diversity.  Gilded asteroid! Carbon Asteroid!  Diamond planet!  Just need a way to use a TrySome in the cluster .yaml file.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, arvenil said:

Looks insanely large. After playing DLC for a while its hard to look at it back. I feel like the there should be simply a slider to pick the size vs number of asteroids. I would definitively prefer something in the middle of those two options

That sounds ideal for me. I've gone back to classic style for less focus on space travel but that starting asteroid for the Spaced Out start was a good size for my playstyle. It speed the game up for me. The second asteroid for the DLC I found too small.

The ultimate would be full customisation. In theory my ideal would be about three asteroids, DLC starting size. More landscape than portrait in shape. I'd get to choose the biomes, which would be more in layers than blobs. You need to draw the line somewhere though and I certainly appreciate having a couple of options to choose between that provide a slightly different focus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian.oni said:

Is there a source for pips or Arbor trees in the classic map?

It seems there is not :-( (and I'm not sure if the "vanilla terra" rules for printing pod are present)

It usually there is a forest biome in the closest radioactive asteroid (terra or swamp start cluster) and the second closest was a swampy/sandstone one but since there is only one close asteroid it seems there isn't one

Closest swamp asteroid biomes for classic terra start: Marsh, Jungle, Tundra, Space, Radioactive, Swampy, Rust

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

It seems there is not :-( (and I'm not sure if the "vanilla terra" rules for printing pod are present)

It usually there is a forest biome in the closest radioactive asteroid (terra or swamp start cluster) and the second closest was a swampy/sandstone one but since there is only one close asteroid it seems there isn't one

Closest swamp asteroid biomes for classic terra start: Marsh, Jungle, Tundra, Space, Radioactive, Swampy, Rust

Some Arbor Tree Seed`s in the Marioland Terra DLC Classic Map would be superb...I really miss the seed as starter, for my envisioned 200x Arbor Tree`s Farm, like in the old days of the beginning. A bit of wood here and there with a few hundred wood burners and still some space left for other projects. Now the cpu has a few things to do and calculate, the game is so much fun now ! :chunky:

Finally there is some space in the game, room to breath and build a few things. The small other dlc maps felt like getting 12 people in to a telephone booth + being thirsty the whole time.

image.thumb.png.8f2b4a7983d146fbd2070dfcee5364cd.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, babba said:

The small other dlc maps felt like getting 12 people in to a telephone booth + being thirsty the whole time.

I can still fit comfortably 10 dupes and water level seem fine. :lol:

Spoiler

Just a tiny bit of water after taming the two cool steam vents (cycle 460)

image.thumb.png.1d1b94e5e6c6919ac6490542b660bb75.png

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Making rockets and solar compete for linear asteroid space is fine imo. Solar OP

Screenshot_from_2021-04-14_02-08-52.png

This needs to get fixed still

I am not sure if it is intended by Klei and needs to be fixed. When you run all the rockets, the horizontal space gets quickly filled in especially on the small asteroids. Yes, it is OP in a way but I like it. You still need to make all these glass materials (it requires 6 times more per watt as for solar panels).

We need to get a reply from Klei to see. If it is intended then it is fine to use it. if it is not, Klei will likely remove the option and it is better to be aware of it earlier and not to use it.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

8 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

I can still fit comfortably 10 dupes and water level seem fine. :lol:

Hide contents

Just a tiny bit of water after taming the two cool steam vents (cycle 460)

image.thumb.png.1d1b94e5e6c6919ac6490542b660bb75.png

I hear the foundations squeaking already my friend :lol:

Soon it will all collapse and Stinky then has to brush it all together with his broom !

image.thumb.png.ffa1ff9633d9ab27a19955f0efc05987.png

Let me check in ONI Multiplayer how safe your buildings are...Ive got the new ONI Cranes & Machinery DLC, its out now !

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Gassy “Mooteor” showers have begun falling on the Gassy Moo Moonlet, delivering fresh Gassy Moos to the asteroid

This was the solution to moo mass extinction instead of making them breed...

I like the mod better.

Absolutely loving the classic big starting asteroid for the DLC. Despite my best efforts I really couldn't get myself to enjoy the previous starting asteroids, maybe I was just too hooked on building a big mega base from the Vanilla version. Now I get the best of both worlds.

Thanks guys!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tohoheha said:

Absolutely loving the classic big starting asteroid for the DLC. Despite my best efforts I really couldn't get myself to enjoy the previous starting asteroids, maybe I was just too hooked on building a big mega base from the Vanilla version. Now I get the best of both worlds.

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the club :victorious::x

what happened to niobium > thermium?  even with debug tools i don't have the recipe

this screenshot is after i debug'ed in thermium, niobium, and some tungsten.  i seem to be missing the recipe... should i add this as a bug or is it intentional?  i can turn thermium into niobium still though

image.png.884c74897824b0945ab4d259c93e8b85.png

On 4/23/2021 at 11:26 AM, KonfigSys said:

I am not sure if it is intended by Klei and needs to be fixed. When you run all the rockets, the horizontal space gets quickly filled in especially on the small asteroids. Yes, it is OP in a way but I like it. You still need to make all these glass materials (it requires 6 times more per watt as for solar panels).

We need to get a reply from Klei to see. If it is intended then it is fine to use it. if it is not, Klei will likely remove the option and it is better to be aware of it earlier and not to use it.

It's janky and broken and unballanced and needs to get patched out. How the hell do you people look at duplication exploits, rocket wall breaks, etc and say "ah yes, this is clearly intentional" ?

The perspective is completely disingenuous and self serving. If you want to break the game do it for your own self on your own computer. Stop trying to ruin the challenge for everyone else.

At the very least grounded power production needs a check for engines+crew module+nosecone so it at least has to be rocket shaped. These solar panel stacks are ugly and imersion breaking. Appearances matter, and if people start streaming or making videos in the community space with ugly broken builds like this it's going to make the game look bad, because it's bad.

5 minutes ago, zach123b said:

what happened to niobium > thermium?  even with debug tools i don't have the recipe

this screenshot is after i debug'ed in thermium, niobium, and some tungsten.  i seem to be missing the recipe... should i add this as a bug or is it intentional?  i can turn thermium into niobium still though

image.png.884c74897824b0945ab4d259c93e8b85.png

Why does it say "automatable storage"?

Edited by n_t_p
  • Like 2

Do we already have real frozen starting world? I always hated Rime asteroid, because it always had some hot areas / geysers. I would love to start on real frozen world where we would have couple biomes but all with temperatures below 0°C
*still waiting for final DLC to start playing it seems we are getting closer :)

• Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, MarcinW said:

Do we already have real frozen starting world?

Not yet. As of current we got 3 start types - sandstone start, forest start and a new swamp start all have pretty moderate temperatures with swamp being the coldest. And we got a vanilla terra start with a super large planetoid. No special starts like rime, oasis or volcanea yet.