Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

Spaced Out! Big Asteroid Update Available Now! - 461084

MiniDeathStar    142

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it. Art adjusted accordingly

I feel so seen, thank you!

Fleefie    20

Oh hell yeah ! Good work devs :)

I would LOVE to have an option to use the vanilla asteroid types available to us in the big asteroid world type though. It's not like i use the Oasisse desert as a crutch or anything...

• Haha 1

ATM Reaper    62

Its like Christmas :P I love you guys keep up the good work.

P.S. Is it only me that thinks Spaced Out should have new awesome Dupe names?????

Edited by ATM Reaper

babba    2096

Thank you for giving us the awesome renewable resources big mac map asteroid - This is what a lot of players always wanted, coming from the base game.

Has anyone checked if flying rockets through platforms is possible now again ?

If it currently does not work, dear Klei...Can you then re-implement it please. It affects all enthusiastic rocket fans of the game. In this case I would like to talk for all rocketeer fans in the game and kindly ask for the re-implementation of this function. If possible, it would be very nice if it makes it in to the game before the weekend. @Ipsquiggle Any effort to make this happen is appreciated, I`m making a fresh radioactive ONi coffee now :rolleyes: Dont know why I`m thinking of train crash memes now, must be something wrong with the choco cookies...:hopelessness:

Rocket launching through platforms "got deactivated/changed".

@sakura_sk @crbd115

Edited by babba

Swoop5994    47

wow SO IMPRESSIVE batch of update and fixes ,. This got to be the most changesi never saw in any game release!!! hope they will increase the difficulty with stress and diseases ,when you select the harder modes 

crbd115    357
32 minutes ago, babba said:

Thank you for giving us the awesome renewable resources big mac map asteroid - This is what a lot of players always wanted, coming from the base game.

Has anyone checked if flying rockets through platforms is possible now again ?

If it currently does not work, dear Klei...Can you then re-implement it please. It affects all enthusiastic rocket fans of the game. In this case I would like to talk for all rocketeer fans in the game and kindly ask for the re-implementation of this function. If possible, it would be very nice if it makes it in to the game before the weekend. @Ipsquiggle Any effort to make this happen is appreciated, I`m making a fresh radioactive ONi coffee now :rolleyes: Dont know why I`m thinking of train crash memes now, must be something wrong with the choco cookies...:hopelessness:

Rocket launching through platforms "got deactivated/changed".

@sakura_sk @crbd115

I mean if it was intentional I kind of get why they did it, though I'm not 100% sure it was intentional. I'm going to try a horizontal enclosure for my rockets and just make it as deep into the world as I can without it getting in the way of my other builds.

• Thanks 1

zach123b    180

with the changes to worldgen of moving the starting base down a little, it's changed the,usual, granite ring around it.  it's now mostly abyssalite and makes expansion a little slower for me

image.thumb.png.d459eee8be00b2772a7b0e9b347626a2.png

babba    2096
11 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I mean if it was intentional I kind of get why they did it, though I'm not 100% sure it was intentional. I'm going to try a horizontal enclosure for my rockets and just make it as deep into the world as I can without it getting in the way of my other builds.

I hope its just a side-effect and they can re-implement that rockets can fly through platforms again :p

This feature is one of the basics my whole game play is based on since the vanilla base game ( building cold war rocket silo`s ), so its a big fun destroyer for me to not be able to launch rockets through platforms. I think it was already temporary disabled in the past once for a short period of time, so I`m really hoping they can soon make it possible again, best would be before this weekend :cool-new:. A day counter has started in my head on the rocket platform issue, babba will not forget :afro:

Played since days on the great new mega fun big map and then I get the fun plug pulled again.

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

n_t_p    204

Making rockets and solar compete for linear asteroid space is fine imo. Solar OP

Screenshot_from_2021-04-14_02-08-52.png

This needs to get fixed still

• Haha 4

babba    2096
1 minute ago, n_t_p said:

Making rockets and solar compete for linear asteroid space is fine imo. Solar OP

Screenshot_from_2021-04-14_02-08-52.png

This needs to get fixed still

Can you launch a rocket through it :confused::confused::confused:

• Haha 1

ghkbrew    641
Just now, babba said:

Can you launch a rocket through it :confused::confused:

You should be able to if you deconstruct the launchpad.  Which doesn't effect the solar panel's function.

babba    2096
1 minute ago, ghkbrew said:

You should be able to if you deconstruct the launchpad.  Which doesn't effect the solar panel's function.

Hope you are well @ghkbrew :p Need to check later if launching rockets through launchpads now works again. Does perhaps anybody know ?

crbd115    357
11 minutes ago, babba said:

I hope its just a side-effect and they can re-implement that rockets can fly through platforms again :p

This feature is one of the basics my whole game play is based on since the vanilla base game ( building cold war rocket silo`s ), so its a big fun destroyer for me to not be able to launch rockets through platforms. I think it was already temporary disabled in the past once for a short period of time, so I`m really hoping they can soon make it possible again, best would be before this weekend :cool-new:. A day counter has started in my head on the rocket platform issue, babba will not forget :afro:

Played since days on the great new mega fun big map and then I get the fun plug pulled again.

I do really enjoy making the deep rocket silos but I did it without rocket stacking last time. Though that was mostly because I got distracted by a new game lol.

• Like 2

babba    2096
4 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I do really enjoy making the deep rocket silos but I did it without rocket stacking last time. Though that was mostly because I got distracted by a new game lol.

Hehe :ghost:

20 hours of excavation on the new big Terra Classic map :bee:

image.thumb.png.55f1a435507a414846789ee2376ac760.pngimage.png.d82ef34ae19b120b72d95d39c906a3ee.png

Once the geysers are undug, my strategy was to identify possible rocket paths from the map bottom to the top. I put rocket gameplay now on hold and hope Klei re-implements rocket stacking.

Edited by babba

crbd115    357
4 minutes ago, babba said:

Hehe :ghost:

20 hours of excavation on the new big Terra Classic map :bee:

image.thumb.png.55f1a435507a414846789ee2376ac760.png

Yeah but sadly those rockets are stuck if the devs decide not to change it back. My thought for my next run if it stays this way is to try and enclose and use this area.
 image.thumb.png.c9947c31a4356ccfe4d7832a89550968.png
Basically use the whole top of the map as a rocket launching pad.

Edited by crbd115

babba    2096
6 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Yeah but sadly those rockets are stuck if the devs decide not to change it back. My thought for my next run if it stays this way is to try and enclose and use this area.
 image.thumb.png.c9947c31a4356ccfe4d7832a89550968.png

I understand and see what you mean, makes sense. I do this on other asteroids, its economical and easier to do.

In the home base I will always launch and stack coming from the lava map bottom, its the fun + building a giant steam room with multiple layers of bunker doors. If Klei does not break save files anymore, my aim is a few max tech rockets + dozens of other rockets + multiple Interplanetary Launchers.

image.thumb.png.b277876399317ef38987a01f867ebaec.pngimage.thumb.png.3f628536441dd62cabea163960a13932.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

crbd115    357

I understand and see what you mean, makes sense. I do this on other asteroids, its economical and easier to do.

In the home base I will always launch and stack coming from the rocket bottom, its the fun + building a giant steam room with multiple layers of bunker doors.

image.thumb.png.b277876399317ef38987a01f867ebaec.pngimage.thumb.png.3f628536441dd62cabea163960a13932.png

Yeah I defiantly prefer the rocket silo style. Its still possible at least you just can't stack unless the devs give it back to you. I'm going to play my next run on the assumption that if it does get changed back it might take a while. Right now just debating if I do no teleporter spaced out, or delicious vanilla. 

• GL Happy 1

babba    2096
6 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Yeah I defiantly prefer the rocket silo style. Its still possible at least you just can't stack unless the devs give it back to you. I'm going to play my next run on the assumption that if it does get changed back it might take a while. Right now just debating if I do no teleporter spaced out, or delicious vanilla. 

We made this thread temporary hot again :lol:

In 2025, when multiplayer is in the game, we should play together for some ONi fun. I dig ! :cheerful:

image.png.c01fb1498d2e36e5064a56999e617c18.png

image.png.ab39b4695a1b2eca56fac58b586a3e7c.pngimage.png.ac11457b515d72be3c833c2b2859efc3.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

crbd115    357

We made this thread temporary hot again :lol:

In 2025, when multiplayer is in the game, we should play together for some ONi fun. I dig ! :cheerful:

image.png.c01fb1498d2e36e5064a56999e617c18.png

I mean I don't think multiplayer will ever be in this game tbh. I think it would have to be a don't starve to don't starve together set up where they make a sequel designed around multiplayer. It's possible but I don't think it will happen until they've decided this game is "finished" which I don't expect to be for a while. Then you have the dev time on the sequel. The name for it is the easy part though O2 Not Included. :p

babba    2096
8 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

I mean I don't think multiplayer will ever be in this game tbh. I think it would have to be a don't starve to don't starve together set up where they make a sequel designed around multiplayer. It's possible but I don't think it will happen until they've decided this game is "finished" which I don't expect to be for a while. Then you have the dev time on the sequel. The name for it is the easy part though O2 Not Included. :p

I would send you an game invite right now :congratulatory:. I make special plastic bed for you, with uranium-oil-filled-cushion and arbor-tree-flex-wood-blanket. Ive just booted my Gulag deep mining base, sent the 40 miners of to work and will have a nice hot radioactive coffee. :bee:

image.thumb.png.6f2e233dfba0495236045c00023fed16.pngimage.thumb.png.02ddbfa49e75ce5dbb3c4f1ab558f00c.pngimage.thumb.png.8b5c4c32fd1be69e7dc4d9d39abec9cc.png

Edited by babba