[Game Update] - 460966

• Developer

Changes

• Added a new graphics setting Threaded Render, which will improve FPS in most cases.
  • Greatly improved performance for worlds with lots of lights in the world.
  • Moongleams won’t break walls now.
  • The Enlightened Crown can now be deconstructed.

Bug Fixes

• Wagstaff can no longer be teleported when interacting with the Celestial Champion.
  • If wastaff is teleported during the containment event, the event will no longer break.
  • The Celestial Champion can no longer be teleported off of the Lunar Island.
  • Mutant Birds fade properly on death.
  • Fixed a bug causing nightmare creatures to spawn inside the “calm” or “warn” phase of the ruins.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Celestial Sanctum to have no mini map icon.
  • State of the Celestial Altars will load properly now.
  • Fixed the examine string on the Astroggles.
  • Fixed a bug causing server mods to not load if steam took a long time to log in.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • GL Happy 1

The Enlightened Crown seems to be able to be fueled with spores for a color change, and so can the 5 shards dropped when deconstructed.

These shards can be placed in Glowcaps for infinite light it seems (even without a spore for white light), so yay no more fishing for festive lights :) 

• Like 8
  • GL Happy 3

22 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

I wonder what into...

Spoiler

20210422001701_1.thumb.jpg.631fedbf55d26fff759f9ae04e86adc4.jpgSo the hat now have 5 slots for spores, that allows you to colour your light

20210422001704_1.thumb.jpg.6ca34590f1b0d5a1262817e2687f462d.jpgIf you deconstruct the hat you get 5 shards of it, which are containers for spores as well

(just like the hat, spores inside don't spoil)

20210422001705_1.thumb.jpg.d7561d5951ddcddcf4b93f9dbb29c4f5.jpgAnd then you can place them in lamps, so, yeah, Winter Feast simulator !

(shards with spores on the floor do make light as well, just so you know)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 3

Gotta say, you made these changes seem WAY less impactful then they are for endgame basers :P.

• The crown gained 5 new slots. Putting any type of spore into these changes the color, so you can make a unique light source hat. Nothing was changed about the sanity threshold however, and putting spores in will not protect you from Charlie if the crown goes out (I really wished this was changed now, since this actually seems to be the endgame light hat).
  • Deconstructing the crown will give you 5 shards. THESE SHARDS CAN BE PUT INTO GLOWCAPS FOR INFINITE LIGHT. They have one slot if you want to make them emit a non default white light via spores.
  • The crown is available as a crafting recipe, and it takes 5 shards, the same 5 shards you got when you deconstructed it. Dupe strats for the win!
  • Killing the  champion once will permanently change the moon to look like moonglass compared to a general crack on the moon. It looks pretty neat, IMO.

This is actually pretty cool! My only complaint is I still wish the crown offered light when below 85% sanity, as not being able to use it as an endgame light hat without a substantial amount of sanity food for something like the ruins sucks. I also wish you could hide it's GUI while wearing it (similar to how you can for backpacks). Other then that, I really like the update!

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, Jason said:
  • Added a new graphics setting Threaded Render, which will improve FPS in most cases.
  • Greatly improved performance for worlds with lots of lights in the world

Cant wait to try it

53 minutes ago, ADM said:

Hide contents

20210422001701_1.thumb.jpg.631fedbf55d26fff759f9ae04e86adc4.jpgSo the hat now have 5 slots for spores, that allows you to colour your light

20210422001704_1.thumb.jpg.6ca34590f1b0d5a1262817e2687f462d.jpgIf you deconstruct the hat you get 5 shards of it, which are containers for spores as well

20210422001705_1.thumb.jpg.d7561d5951ddcddcf4b93f9dbb29c4f5.jpgAnd then you can place them in lamps, so, yeah, Winter Feast simulator !

An elegant way to make the boss farmeable

Gj klei

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
damn corrector
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ADM said:

Reveal hidden contents

How much light does each shard generate? As much as a lightbulb? 

So how is the moonstorm event supposed to happen? Should lunacy take effect on the mainland 24/7, or just in the storm area? Also should there be full moons only during nights? Because in my world it's still regular nights, even after this update.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Cant wait to try it

And elegant way to make the boss farmeable

Gj klei

Well according maxil20 you can dupe it using green gems, which probably faster than killing the boss.

Hopefully the boss drops a blue print to create crown shards from charged moon shards since it can be duped. Farming the boss will then give 15 crown shards making it better to kill it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Changes

• The Enlightened Crown can now be deconstructed.

Words can not express this. I'm so glad we finally have infinite light and in an awesome way. Thank you Klei for all of this work. I'm so looking foward the next content. I new this year was going to be great, i didnt knew it was going to be this much!

• Like 9
  • Health 2
  • Wavey 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So that was Wagstaff's endgame. He wanted to be a moon milk man

nah hes keeping that for himself its his ultimate weapon hes getting funding from nasa to turn anyone lactose intolerant so he can feed them moon milk and take over the world. simple plan but an effective one 

• Haha 1

With this patch, when it's night me and my friend are attacked by Charlie even while we are near light. I even tried deactivating all my server mods, but it's still happening, we can't escape Charlie no matter how much light we have. Anyone else having this problem?

• Sad 1
  • Wavey 1

1 minute ago, VenomFriend said:

With this patch, when it's night me and my friend are attacked by Charlie even while we are near light. I even tried deactivating all my server mods, but it's still happening, we can't escape Charlie no matter how much light we have. Anyone else having this problem?

shes becoming omnipotent run before she becomes too powerful

• Haha 3

• Developer
13 minutes ago, VenomFriend said:

yeah, unfortunately it got introduced this patch, hang tight, we are working on a fix.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

So being able to change the color of the crown and the light it gives off is really cool but am I the only game one who is really unimpressed by the other changes? They're just more expensive festive lights aren't they....? Infinite light in a glowcap/mushlight of a certain colour.

With world settings being a thing now you can easily amass festive lights via deer, Klaus and fishing oasis. 

Can someone tell me why these shards being usable as festive lights is so good?

Do they at least lift up off the ground if they're sitting on the ground and you're nearby like the celestial orb? Do they give off a better light radius than festive lights?

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 3