[Game Update] - 460966

6 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Can someone tell me why these shards being usable as festive lights is so good?

As of right now you can dupe the shards from the crowns. .88 of a green gem will fill up 1 mushlight. That is substantially faster then oasis fishing and really is only matched by klaus if you have it on tons and consistently kill it.

5 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

As of right now you can dupe the shards from the crowns. .88 of a green gem will fill up 1 mushlight. That is substantially faster then oasis fishing and really is only matched by klaus if you have it on tons and consistently kill it.

Hmmm how do you dupe it exactly?

Can you please explain step by step. 

Are you deconstructing two crowns and them making them into two via construction staff, rinse and repeat?

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Hmmm how do you dupe it exactly?

Can you please explain step by step. 

Are you deconstructing two crowns and them making them into two via construction staff, rinse and repeat?

1. Deconstruct the crown. You will get 5 shards from this.
2. Go to any celestial tab/altar (the celestial orb will also work).
3. Equip a construction amulet. Crafting the crown now will take 3 shards compared to 5, allowing you to save 2.
4. Deconstruct the crown again. The game will give you 5 shards once again, regardless of if you made the crown with the amulet or not.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 as many times as you wish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Maxil20 said:

1. Deconstruct the crown. You will get 5 shards from this.
2. Go to any celestial tab/altar (the celestial orb will also work).
3. Equip a construction amulet. Crafting the crown now will take 3 shards compared to 5, allowing you to save 2.
4. Deconstruct the crown again. The game will give you 5 shards once again, regardless of if you made the crown with the amulet or not.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 as many times as you wish.

Of course, thank you!!

Looks like my huge hoard of green gems may finally have a use. Currently I amass far more than I actually use haha

58 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Looks like my huge hoard of green gems may finally have a use. Currently I amass far more than I actually use haha

Don't get your hopes up, it's getting patched (unless they decide not to, but probably not).

I believe the crown should keep it's dupable status and the developers should add more loot to the guardian's pool that isn't dupable to give players a reason to keep fighting the boss even though the crown can be duped and shared.

Having a significant item be dupable shows the genius of DST's core design in which knowledgeable players can take advantage of mechanics, it makes for a unique sharable item aswell because as of now the celestial guardian's loot is only sufficient for one player.

The common community opinion is that the crown isn't good enough loot by itself anyways, why can't we get more items based on the other stages of the fight?

Alternatively, maybe Wagstaff can reward the player for helping him contain the celestial guardian? Maybe blueprints for thumper, telebrella, or something else entirely?

I believe this is the best compromise to this situation, because having the megabasers community rejoice only to get shut down by "This isn't intentional" was heartbreaking. Glermz ranted for like 60 minutes and went through every stage of grief and I honestly don't blame him

Edited by splorange
added wagstaff paragraph
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

So being able to change the color of the crown and the light it gives off is really cool but am I the only game one who is really unimpressed by the other changes? They're just more expensive festive lights aren't they....? Infinite light in a glowcap/mushlight of a certain colour.

With world settings being a thing now you can easily amass festive lights via deer, Klaus and fishing oasis. 

Can someone tell me why these shards being usable as festive lights is so good?

Do they at least lift up off the ground if they're sitting on the ground and you're nearby like the celestial orb? Do they give off a better light radius than festive lights?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they patched out infinite lights from the festive lights. 

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Edited by I Heart Popcorn

1 hour ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

wouldn’t be surprised if they patched out infinite lights from the festive lights. 

Don't even joke...

That would be horrendous... They would be undoing endless hours of work for countless players. They've had years to change this if they wanted, doing so now makes zero sense and would be very upsetting.

6 hours ago, VenomFriend said:

With this patch, when it's night me and my friend are attacked by Charlie even while we are near light. I even tried deactivating all my server mods, but it's still happening, we can't escape Charlie no matter how much light we have. Anyone else having this problem?

Unfortunately, it happened the same with me and two friends. Even at night we couldn't get and drop items on floor.
I tried to use rollback 2 times and it continued to happen.
But like zarklord_klei said, they are working in a fix.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

The Celestial Champion can no longer be teleported off of the Lunar Island.

rip my beautiful lunar island base

lunar island is already lifeless and deserted with useless mobs that add nothing than flavour like saladmander, carrat zombie pengils and hounds and lunar spiders. any attempts of giving it life by bringing other fauna and flora and building stuff is not fruitless cuz boss will destroy it all. At least with TPing into a safe place we could overcome this

Edited by Parusoid

10 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

kinda make sense that stuff stop working when they reach 0% durability

If that is what disturbs you they could just remove the durability so we can use then in festive trees but a lot of people have expend many hours of tedium fishing and not enjoyning other events than winter fest to have this source of light

Now we can speed up the proccess using both methods or just using the champion but removing it after thid many years... is just silly

• Thanks 1

The crown has pretty much confirmed to not meant to be able to be duplicated. This means actually obtaining a decent amount of shards as light sources would be extremely tedious and resource intensive. 

There is absolutely no reason to change festive lights, it would be the dumbest change ever. 

5 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

extremely tedious and resource intensive. 

high effort high reward, unless you don't consider something infinite to be reward high enough :shrug:

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so we can use then in festive trees

you still can use them in festive tress tho 

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a lot of people have expend many hours of tedium fishing and not enjoyning other events than winter fest

sounds like they problem

Edited by Parusoid

1 minute ago, Parusoid said:

high effort high reward, unless you don't consider something infinite to be reward high enough :shrug:

you still can use them in festive tress tho 

They turn off at 0%

I dont understand your complains when there is other older bugs or bad desings like being able to get double bone armor without fighting any of the 3 bosses to be  worried about megabasers using 0% lights to make might with lamps from a raid boss loot

• Like 1

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Because doesnt have sense to have durability on them

well something deffinately does not make sense, its either working when 0% or having durabilty in first place. which one is it, we will never know until klei decides somethign needs to be done