[Spaced Out! Update] - 460813

• Developer

Hello everyone,

Here's the last big patch before Thursday's update. Thanks for all the feedback on the new clusters these last two weeks! We still have more changes we'd like to make in later releases (including custom game settings for the Teleporters) so continue letting us know how your colonies are progressing! As always, let us know if you see anything wrong, and have a great day!

World Gen Changes

• Moved the location of the starting biomes down slightly in the Terra, Forest, & Swamp Spaced Out! Style clusters, they were slightly too high after adding extra room to the top of each world.
  • Moved the Niobium Volcano back below the surface on the Niobium Asteroid.
  • Moved starting island on Water Moonlet down lower.
  • Increased cave size on Spaced Out! Style Terra Cluster in the starting biome.
  • Made Moo Asteroid wider and shorter
  • Added a guaranteed Chlorine Gas Vent to the Moo Asteroid.
  • Removed hard surface border from Moo Asteroid.
  • Prevent POIs from overlapping extreme temperature borders.
  • Adjusted geysers on Marshy Asteroid.
  • Minor adjustments to minimum biome distribution on the closest asteroid in Spaced Out! style clusters.
  • Improved Abyssalite border drawing in extreme temperature cases to prevent magma from spilling over into adjacent biomes.
  • Removed surface Abyssalite border from Classic-style Sandstone cluster.

Other Changes

• Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it.Art adjusted accordingly.
  • Put the Gantry back into the game.
  • Tweaks to Rocket Port automation so materials never get stuck in the building. Materials always either get into the rocket or into the pipe.
  • Rocket Loader/Unloader Ports now require constructing on ground/tiles.
  • Updated Gassy Mooteor spawning and impact rules.
  • Updated Swampy Biome codex entry.
  • Updated AI Research Note codex entry.
  • Starmap rockets and Interplanetary Payloads align correctly to their paths, and animate between hexes at a fixed speed.
  • Interplanetary Payloads immediately travel to orbit just like rockets.
  • All filterable storage buildings now show a tint/status item if no filter has been selected. Notably: rocket ports, cargo modules, and oxidizer tanks.
  • "Flight Path Obstructed" notification will go directly to the affected rocket when clicked.
  • New art for Niobium Volcano.
  • Updated Cluster Category Selection Screen's Spaced Out! style menu art.
  • Updated UI art to match the temp art for Rocket Port Loaders.
  • Added UI icons for new clusters (Spaced Out! Forest start asteroid, Classic Style Sandstone start asteroid, Forest asteroid)

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue preventing Gassy Mooteors from periodically spawning.
  • The "Resume" button in the main menu will load the latest DLC/Vanilla save, instead of disappearing if the top save is of the wrong type.
  • Rocket Ports once again have pipe blocked/empty status items.
  • Research Reactor no longer repeatedly plays ore absorption sound while operating.
  • Grounded rockets no longer show paths on the starmap.
  • Fixed issue causing rockets in orbit without fuel to be stranded.
  • Fix possible crash when destroying rocket spacefarer modules.
  • Fixed issue preventing Gassy Mooteor fart cloud from being visible.

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Ups 2

"Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it.Art adjusted accordingly." "Put the Gantry back into the game. " "Flight Path Obstructed" notification will go directly to the affected rocket when clicked."

Great, love the rocket improvements for my Apollo Launch Sites in the proposed new Titan Missile Silo with big mac map Terra dlc classic :-P Thank you for the 2x AETN in the map BTW + lots of water spawns...So great. The game is super fun now for me.

Still praying for Regolith raining down someday in the home map, maybe with some chunks of Uranium mixed in :confused: Some nice RegoUrano-Oregano-Vulgare-Superspice raining down from time to time. Kind regards, Dr. babba

image.png.a73f6a8e93b70284171e11dae984b072.pngimage.thumb.png.9698ba69960dd330c55f4b45f7fae817.pngimage.thumb.png.fb8921bc6496d856191ebb1a9f87f8d4.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

Many great changes, I can see several that appeared in the forum discussions last time. It's a good feeling to know that somebody takes their time to read all our posts and extracts something usefull from them :)

Good work guys!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added a guaranteed Chlorine Gas Vent to the Moo Asteroid.
Adjusted geysers on Marshy Asteroid.

Very happy to see more geysers on the different planets! They're one of my favorite parts of the multi-planet gameplay right now, and could not say no more to more of them ATM. I'm also very glad that there's a guaranteed renewable source of chlorine. Processing it for gas grass or shipping it for other reasons from such a strange planetoid should prove to be an interesting challenge.

Does anyone have a list of possible geysers the marshy asteroid can have now? I would really like to know.

And one last thing. I'm not sure if it's just this world being weird of if these are intentional changes, but... I got a marshy asteroid without any bit of jungle, a covered tungsten volcano right in the middle of it (as opposed to down at the magma layer) and multiple heat leaks near the bottom:

image.thumb.png.93e90aed1c5767599f73b3a6d2af606b.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Very happy to see more geysers on the different planets! They're one of my favorite parts of the multi-planet gameplay right now, and could not say no more to more of them ATM. I'm also very glad that there's a guaranteed renewable source of chlorine. Processing it for gas grass or shipping it for other reasons from such a strange planetoid should prove to be an interesting challenge.

Does anyone have a list of possible geysers the marshy asteroid can have now? I would really like to know.

And one last thing. I'm not sure if it's just this world being weird of if these are intentional changes, but... I got a marshy asteroid without any bit of jungle, a covered tungsten volcano right in the middle of it (as opposed to down at the magma layer) and multiple heat leaks near the bottom:

i've tried 3 starts now and i only get 1 tungsten volcano and a covered geyser (1 natural gas and 2 polluted oxygen)

loving the new layout of the gassy moo asteroid.  could have a better line of abyssalite to keep the core from freezing the whole thing but i'm happy with this myself

image.thumb.png.d1315882c7c5cd0e8d533962d1add166.png

• Like 2
  • Health 1

• Prevent POIs from overlapping extreme temperature borders.
  • Improved Abyssalite border drawing in extreme temperature cases to prevent magma from spilling over into adjacent biomes.

Finally :) That had been a huge issue for such a long tim

Edited by Steve8
  • Like 2

• Developer
11 minutes ago, Electroely said:

It's possible that no jungle spawns with the current rules but I'll change it so at least some appears. In general we try to keep the biome selection rules as open as possible for variety.

Could you share the seed for the pictured cluster? There's still a bit more work to be done on reducing heat leaking but a few steps were taken in this patch.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, EricKlei said:

Could you share the seed for the pictured cluster? There's still a bit more work to be done on reducing heat leaking but a few steps were taken in this patch.

I think that the general issue is that the upper layer of abyssalite is way too hot in many places. And because conductivity is not actually zero it cooks the liquids above. You can also see that in oil biomes.
There used to be a time when that was mostly fixed and you had two tiles of abyssalite. One cool above and a hot one below.

• Like 1

should we report these abyssalite breaks?  i can take note of them like this if you guys want.  i do want to say i'm sad to see how rare the core volcanoes are now on the marsh asteroid/moonlet

in most seeds i've tried have had the top layer/tiles of abyssalite around 300-700c with a couple cold spots of 80c.  this seed has some magma above the abyssalite too

image.thumb.png.0b4a14f0f5a76df740f5b908ddf1c506.pngFRST-C-1561605458-0

this one has a few 700c on the right side and is pretty good on the bottom half but i thought it was funny.  idk if it's actually bad tbh

image.thumb.png.708edd1aa9728301e3b552ea33809c5d.pngFRST-C-103975291-0

12 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

I had already deleted that cluster to try generating some more, I apologize. If there's any way to retrieve it from the logs, though, I'll gladly provide. Snooping through them I've found this... maybe it'll help?
[23:27:32.974] [1] [INFO] World Seeds: 509535819 for world MARSHYMOONLET [509535819/509535819/509535819/509535819]
Seeds are [509535819/509535819/509535819/509535819]

I'm glad to know worldgen rules are kept open for variety. It's a fun part of generating new worlds.

• Like 1

can we get pacu on the mudball nuclear asteroid/moonlet for the forest start?  currently only the swamp asteroid/moonlet gets pacu on that start

and any chance of getting a guaranteed poi with pokeshells for terra and forest?  i've had a few games where none spawned

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

We still have more changes we'd like to make in later releases (including custom game settings for the Teleporters)

Good. While I do not get it, some people apparently really cannot deal with the presence of the teleporter. Removing that issue for them by giving us a choice is probably for the best.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Was it intentional to not allow heavy watt wire to be built in Solar panels? (ie. connect to the power output)   Weird thing is you can put them down before the panel is built and then build the panel over them.  But you can't build them once the panel is completed.

-Six

(I will admit I have mods in place so I can't test this to make sure its not a mod causing it.  That said none of the mods were updated, only the base game.  Loading the save without the mods crashes so I can't attach the save.)

Edited by SixbySix

1 hour ago, SixbySix said:

Was it intentional to not allow heavy watt wire to be built in Solar panels? (ie. connect to the power output)   Weird thing is you can put them down before the panel is built and then build the panel over them.  But you can't build them once the panel is completed.

-Six

(I will admit I have mods in place so I can't test this to make sure its not a mod causing it.  That said none of the mods were updated, only the base game.  Loading the save without the mods crashes so I can't attach the save.)

Canceling the construction after materials have been supplied to the wire but before an electrician could build them causes the materials to get embedded in the solar panel as a "burried object". Expected behavior would be the materials drop as debris. Devs probably issued this as a slapdash fix until it's sorted properly 

Guest aresd
7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

We still have more changes we'd like to make in later releases (including custom game settings for the Teleporters)

:wickerbottomthanks::wickerbottomthanks::wickerbottomthanks:

24 minutes ago, babba said:

image.thumb.png.848a62c65b15076562bb96511e8c303e.png

Peace...

*prepares fire*

This:

"Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it.Art adjusted accordingly."

prevents rockets of stacking upwards. Meaning no more silos, only horizontal placement

Are you ignited yet ? :D

• Sad Dupe 2

9 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Peace...

*prepares fire*

This:

"Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it.Art adjusted accordingly."

prevents rockets of stacking upwards. Meaning no more silos, only horizontal placement

Are you ignited yet ? :D

:o

• Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, chemie said:

why would you even go there?

But, but, they are so cute..! :wilson_cry:
I have to admit the no border triggers me a little bit, it makes me realize there is an "invisible wall" more than neutronium for some reason

1 hour ago, chemie said:

gassy moo asteroid seems like one of the least useful asteroids out there; why would you even go there?

Two of the achievements requires taming moos.   The fact that they widened the planet should also make a moo farm more practical (more sunlight exposure for grass) if you want to use that to get natural gas (though sour gas boiler would be the better source). 

• Like 1