[Spaced Out! Update] - 460813

1 hour ago, chemie said:

gassy moo asteroid seems like one of the least useful asteroids out there; why would you even go there?

cause with a chlorine vent, we can have a sustainable gassy moo ranch now without fear of running out of chlorine for gas grass.  it won't solve a lot but it'll add another challenge which is good imo

only limiting factor now is how many gas grass seeds we get

8 minutes ago, Brian.oni said:

Two of the achievements requires taming moos.   The fact that they widened the planet should also make a moo farm more practical (more sunlight exposure for grass) if you want to use that to get natural gas (though sour gas boiler would be the better source). 

I have not gotten far enough to colonize the planet on a save that had working gassy mooteors, but I really want to make the planet into a natural gas factory with maybe one dupe maintaining it all. It's especially appealing now that there's a guaranteed chlorine vent (Thank you for that, Klei!) I like to consider it one of my big goals in Spaced Out, alongside many other big goals on other planets.

15 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Put the Gantry back into the game

This could be useful but since the platforms are now "solid" it means you can't stack rockets in a tall silo anymore.  In horizontal setups you guys did a great job in making it so platforms link together so ports can feed multiple platforms (made even better by the filters you just put in).   That seems to promote building a bunch of platforms in series connected to a set of loading and unloading ports all linked together.   The problem then comes up that linked platforms leave no room between them for a gantry to work.   Would it be possible to make a spacer building that maintained a link between platforms (or ports) but would let you build out the space between all these buildings?   Ex: take a port building, remove it's functionality, but keep its behaviour, and reduce it's size to 1wide x 2 tall.   That would let you build out the space between platforms (or ports) as you see fit.

• Like 5

is it just me or did the game becom incredibly laggy with the last update? 

I thought it was just because I started a big terra map for the first time but my saves on marshy planet and forest planet are slowed down too.

Its slowed down to the point of it being annoying to scroll down in the research screen because of all the lag.

8 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Peace...

*prepares fire*

This:

"Rocket Platform is now a "Foundation" building, it can be built floating in the air and Duplicants can stand on top of it.Art adjusted accordingly."

prevents rockets of stacking upwards. Meaning no more silos, only horizontal placement

Are you ignited yet ? :D

image.thumb.png.c5ccfaf1f4067c52b82f48c01ab3929d.pngimage.thumb.png.78a4d927b61daf20818fb2ffc2115670.png

Edited by babba

21 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Beautiful! But.. did you try launching them after the last patch...?

667066854_launchpath.thumb.png.6e8339802687348288474bef500e39fc.png

DAMNNNNNNN ! Klei NOOOOOOOOO :nightmare::cold::concern::culpability::confusion::dejection::dispirited::indecisiveness::hopelessness::bi_polo::chargrined::-(

image.thumb.png.850708f55dbb56de35d9456fc040efd9.png

image.png.a73c52c505bed4a5456693c02978ae0c.pngimage.png.1ec76274cd1bc84937430f66fe75ac7e.png

I think we had the same situation at some point in the games development in the past, where stacked rocket launches did not work.

Can you please allow launches through the platforms again, to allow stacked rocket launches ? @Ipsquiggle

image.png.a522b6b78f5ab7f4d7510441a0f03a7c.png

image.png.69e3a0d05471059974304ab0de2bc990.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 5

31 minutes ago, babba said:

DAMNNNNNNN ! Klei NOOOOOOOOO :nightmare::cold::concern::culpability::confusion::dejection::dispirited::indecisiveness::hopelessness::bi_polo::chargrined::-(

image.thumb.png.850708f55dbb56de35d9456fc040efd9.png

image.png.a73c52c505bed4a5456693c02978ae0c.pngimage.png.1ec76274cd1bc84937430f66fe75ac7e.png

I think we had the same situation at some point in the games development in the past, where stacked rocket launches did not work.

Can you please allow launches through the platforms again, to allow stacked rocket launches ? @Ipsquiggle

image.png.a522b6b78f5ab7f4d7510441a0f03a7c.png

image.png.69e3a0d05471059974304ab0de2bc990.png

I'm kind of worried I'm not gonna have enough space horizontally on a spaced out map for all the rockets I was going to build when trying a no teleporter run. 

• Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, Brian.oni said:

Would it be possible to make a spacer building that maintained a link between platforms (or ports) but would let you build out the space between all these buildings?

A platform connector (like a joint plate) creating a blank space between rocket ports, in order to let you place a ladder or fire pole, would be great.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

15 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Good. While I do not get it, some people apparently really cannot deal with the presence of the teleporter. Removing that issue for them by giving us a choice is probably for the best.

I think the best improvement of this feature would be visible on the forum xD

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spkthed said:

They made the launch pad a platform now, which I guess makes sense it would block. OTOH, do you really need 8 rocket silo's now? One to three seem plenty now that they can be re-used by any rocket.

Imagine writing in to the Factorio forum: "Why more than 4 trains?" or "Why more than 6 resources in the game?".

...Battlefield: "Why tanks? By foot works fine".

ONI: "Why maps bigger than 64x64, that`s enough space".

image.png.e577daa91783faf04afe1abeaac595fc.pngimage.png.b976f7713eb268d1e670a4feed4b51f1.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, spkthed said:

They made the launch pad a platform now, which I guess makes sense it would block. OTOH, do you really need 8 rocket silo's now? One to three seem plenty now that they can be re-used by any rocket.

33 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

Not necessarily, but a lot of people enjoy having a million rockets, and thats a very reasonable thing to want in the space video game : P

Also if you plan to do a no teleporter run, either when they launch the world config option or before you need rockets to ship water to the oily planetoid. I assume early on ill need probably around 2 maybe 3 in the mid game, I might be able to lower that when I get rockets that can be taller, but then I will also need more for shipping/traveling to and from other planetoids

3 hours ago, spkthed said:

Yeah, there is room to do a ton, it just means reduced solar for spaced out maps. 

True, this is normally countered by some forumistas with "Why so much power ? You don`t need so much power". :lol:

I hope we someday get 100k,200k and 500k power lines in the game. My suggestion in the past was to have the small ones on wood poles and that the big ones take a lot of space, need steel stands,plastic+advanced metals for construction. Also I would find some intergalactic microwave power distribution hub nice, to create an galaxy wide power network.

There is so many different ways to play and people have so many different interests in this game, its nice :p

Here is a little list of possible player styles and player factions, my name ideas...:ghost:

- The Sandboxers ( sandbox mode )

- The Survivalists ( survival mode )

- The Decorators ( base and rocket interior deco`s )

- The Contraptors ( building contraptions )

- The Tamers ( critters )

- Green Thumbs ( planters )

- The Logistic Handlers

- The Industrialists

- The Rocketeers

- The Cherno Faction

- The Chillouters

- The Gulag Commanders

- The Optimizers

- The Puzzlers

- The Automizers

- The Chemistry Experimenters

- The Maximum-Everything Guys

- The Diggers, Wire and Pipe Layers

- The Big Base Installers

- The Explorers

- The Item Collectors

- The Caretakers / Dupe Lovers

- The Doodlers

- The Noobs

etc.

One can be anything or focus/specialize on some things, so much to do :bee:

Edited by babba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, babba said:

Imagine writing in to the Factorio forum: "Why more than 4 trains?" or "Why more than 6 resources in the game?".

Hahaha, and once again I am doing things differently. I had one train ever in Factorio, and after it had run me over for the 3rd time, I never built any trains again.

• Haha 1
  • Health 1

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Hahaha, and once again I am doing things differently. I had one train ever in Factorio, and after it had run me over for the 3rd time, I never built any trains again.

Ive been digging 15 hours or so on the new terra big mac map - I still haven`t reached the bottom ! I`m currently digging and building with 40 dupes. Its insane fun @Gurgel :p

image.thumb.png.476af8bcd3d01d79e67d0637f4566505.pngimage.png.31ff1f4d6bc25e13172a3b1125329cd3.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, babba said:

Ive been digging 15 hours or so on the new terra big mac map - I still haven`t reached the bottom ! I`m currently digging and building with 40 dupes. Its insane fun @Gurgel :p

I have done a small trial run (waiting for next release due to map-gen), and it does feel very much like classic (with rockets and meaningful space-travel on top). Excellent!

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 3