"Islands" setting?

1 hour ago, Lbphero said:

I have the most fun with the RoT ocean when I have a few mods on, one of which is the mod that splits up the current landmass into a bunch of different islands to sail between ! How would you feel about such a setting ??

could you tell me the name of the mod or give me a link to the mod because that sounds really fun

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

could you tell me the name of the mod or give me a link to the mod because that sounds really fun

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2230181360&searchtext=island

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2229630615&searchtext=boat this one is really cool too with it for extra boat shapes !!

YES YES YES AND YES!!! I really hope Klei does it someday. The game really needs new generation options. Doesn't matter if it's canon or not, it's the point to be fun. Maybe it will be a part of Through The Ages if it still comes back up?

Not gonna lie, I feel like Through The Ages talk should happen more often considering how much we got in the game and it needs improvement of general weather and detail.

it would be cool but i wouldn't want the entire main land to be split up maybe just some big islands in the sea that could be ocean specific biomes kinda like how the swamp lake things in sw ect ect. if they did split up the mainland to be very distant boat travels would be very tedious but it could be a cool idea

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

it would be cool but i wouldn't want the entire main land to be split up maybe just some big islands in the sea that could be ocean specific biomes kinda like how the swamp lake things in sw ect ect. if they did split up the mainland to be very distant boat travels would be very tedious but it could be a cool idea

He's asking for it to be a world setting that you turn on, not to replace the default generation.

I usually play on the most vanilla servers possible - no mods & no changes to the settings. With this setting, I would make an exception.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m just going to react with a sad emote on every post for a feature I would love to have in the game but probably won’t ever get.

I mean, it is probably a lot of work and requires probably quite a revamp to world gen. But the feedback from community on this suggestion is very good, so i'll keep my hopes in the middle.

The idea is nice on paper, but usually there ends up being a silk problem very quickly.

If it were to be done this way I would request a lower tier version of the sail not made of silk. I already played a mod like this before, and it's not fun having to paddle your way from your first to second or even third, fourth, or fifth island in search of silk for sails. Either that, or having a smaller, faster boat might also help with the painful early game of an islands mode.

5 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

The idea is nice on paper, but usually there ends up being a silk problem very quickly.

If it were to be done this way I would request a lower tier version of the sail not made of silk. I already played a mod like this before, and it's not fun having to paddle your way from your first to second or even third, fourth, or fifth island in search of silk for sails. Either that, or having a smaller, faster boat might also help with the painful early game of an islands mode.

The main island could have guaranteed resources

50 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

The main island could have guaranteed resources

That *might* work, only concern being the amount of resources required to get up to a decent speed on a boat, ya know? Also imagine how frustrating it would be to have like only 1-2 spider dens on the first island, but then get terrible luck with silk. Probs would be pretty painful.

Archived