"Islands" setting?

6 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

That *might* work, only concern being the amount of resources required to get up to a decent speed on a boat, ya know? Also imagine how frustrating it would be to have like only 1-2 spider dens on the first island, but then get terrible luck with silk. Probs would be pretty painful.

As long as player can craft Pickaxe and go into a cave silk supply should be plentiful.

But.. in Solo DS (before there was a sailable sea or Shipwrecked DLC) there was a story mode chapter where islands were separated via wormhole, I would imagine those would still exist in some capacity in a Island mode.. maybe not from island to island to island like in DS solo’s version..

I was thinking more along the lines of you can take a boat to another island, hop in a wormhole and see where it goes, or go down into caves and possibly even resurface in another area on a different island.

The players are using “mods” as their experience with this mode and why it would be awful but I keep telling everyone mods is never the best option.. I’m certain that if Klei wants to add an islands server Gen option that they have the knowledge and technology to make it exciting and fun & not boring.

For me personally: Sailing in DST has started to feel like the Batmobile in Arkham Knight: AKA instead of being a thing in the game used only in means for travel or epic car chases... it’s instead crammed into every single area of the game it doesn’t belong in like puzzle solving, boss fights & combat.

I mean I get it, with the above example Rocksteady Studios (the guys who made Arkham Knight) fell in love with their new feature and wanted it used as much as possible in their game, but TOO MUCH of something has the opposite effect on people: Instead of loving it, they end up hating it..

And so with DST to summarize that: I would really prefer it if we stop trying to use the boat for EVERY Situation & instead just let it be a vessel to carry us to new land biomes.

I like the idea, but only problem is boats are not the same as in SW. I think DST boats would make it less fun and rather tedious and people would just end up building boat bridges between the islands which defeats the purpose of it in the first place.

12 minutes ago, X-lem said:

I like the idea, but only problem is boats are not the same as in SW. I think DST boats would make it less fun and rather tedious and people would just end up building boat bridges between the islands which defeats the purpose of it in the first place.

Boat bridges wouldn’t even be possible if players had a hard limit of how many they can build in a world.

Actually IF Klei gave us a boat cap of like maybe 3 Max it would drastically reduce lag.

Its like how in State of Decay 2 how used to you called call in an infinite Sea of vehicles from your radio... this crashed the game like you would not believe but eventually the developers got smart and gave everyone a car limit which significantly reduced the lag.

and when you can only have 3 boats Max.. you won’t be able to build bridges across the sea anymore. ;) 

Archived