luigis mansion 4: luigi loses it  

171 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you sail in DST?

• Basically Never
    • Once or twice to get salt/explore lunar island and thats it
    • Every now and then for various purposes
    • Pretty often ..
    • A LOT

Just yesterday I was in a pub with a couple of friends, the server had different "clans", two prominent ones and one "town gang" which was just a small base or something with 1 person.

I was lunar gang, and so I sailed from lunar island (got there as Woodie) to pick up my pals and second group met us there for a nice 20+ day party on lunar island. Things were going swell until the pengulls showed up. Of all things. :distant:

I like to build boats, and explore the ocean.. and while I am deeply saddened that the ocean is not full of things to explore, do and experience.. I like to think that now that it’s part of the game: They can continue to expand and improve upon it over time.

I like to build the boats and do various different things on them, one of my favorite things to do is combat Cookie Cutters using only a Spear and a few helmets by luring them onto the boat one by one. Sure there are probably better faster methods...

But I NEVER wanted to play the game the best possible way, I just wanted to explore, get into hilarious shenanigans and die to uncompromising weather hazards.

Atlas has whirlpools and water sprouts that you need to steer your ship clear of.. things like that plz Klei? :wilson_love:

I hardly ever do it. I just couldn't get into it and in my last couple of worlds, I straight up used console commands to find the Lunar Island and the hermit crab. After that, depending on where the Island is, I make a bridge to the nearby landmass and use that for any future visits.

I still prefer the way sailing worked in shipwrecked and when I want to sail, I play that.

24 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

I think sailing around the sea could actually be a ton of fun, if there was larger content besides the lunar island out there

I agree, I think it would be easier for me to get out there. Plus I want more content straight out of portal. 

By the way, welcome to the forums! You will soon grow to love this place, I promise. I also see you made it on the tier list, nice! 

Sincerely,

Cactus

I really want to map out my entire world without commands. I'm getting closer and closer to that. 

Also, collecting fish to make an aquarium is on my to do list, as soon as I get all the fish for Wurt to hold when I switch to her again.

Quite a bit, actually. Usually to go between lunar island and the mainland. I have a massive lunar base with pretty much everything I need, grass, twigs, spider den, tooth traps, crockpots, birdcage, scaled furnace and everything else you can imagine. I pretty much live there now since I'm playing as Wortox and it's way easier to survive there. I head back to mainland to maybe pick up some things I don't have at the lunar island.

Lunar Isle, Salt, Pearl's errands, and relocating sea weeds. Aside from that the waters hold nothing of interest for me. The fish meat doesn't even have any recipe exclusive to it so no point in hunting sharks. Gnarwalls, and malbatross has nothing that interests me as well. Why spend days trying to find a malbatross for it's watering can when I can just craft a few basic watering cans to last as long as it can? The sail is pretty meh as well. The speed is nice but the slog to get it isn't worth it IMO. Crab king is something to deal with in late game and you can just cheese it with bees. The trident is meh and the lunar altar drop isn't reallly worth doing until the beta becomes an official patch. Once the RoT content arrives I'll have a reason to do it but for now I'd rather base build. 

If they add an island that is surrounded by sea stacks that can only be broken by the trident then crab king may be worth doing asap if there is something good there like a blueprint for a boat engine. A fishing net would be nice too so you can catch some fish while traveling. An option to craft a bigger boat would be nice. I might have gone far from topic but I just want the water content to be worth doing long term. I know it's relatively new, I just hope they add more to it after the RoT content.

I likely go sailing in public server for all seasons until shark was introduced into DST, because it's movement is so unpredictable and may cause chaotic situation, it is also worthless to hunt with poor reward while high risk since it could infinitely tripple attack in short period until you step away.

I personally got such situation, park my boat near sea weed plant at night, a shark randomly spawn and attack sea weed, then jump onto my boat to attack me, cause a leakhole in my boat because the sea weed was attacking it.

or when I was fishing spitterfish at night, a shark jump on my boat, interrupt my action, the spitterfish run away and extinguish my fire when I was dealing with shark, when I think I almost kill the shark,it just swim far away quickly..

or jump onto my boat when I'm sailing at high speed

it is possible to stunlock and instantly kill it with multiple players, but most players are sailing alone because currently the boat mechanics and design is not friendly enough to control or build more important structure on it. I just feel unfair when shark is designed for multiple players, but sailing is likely single player most of the time.

I love sailing a lot and spend a lot of time out on the ocean! The Malbatross is a super fun boss to fight, barnacles are a really cool food source, salt has some interesting ways you can use it, kelp is awesome for food and farming (and I prefer to keep it out near my sea weeds for nigiri ingredients rather than planted directly beside land), and I also just really enjoy stuff like gnarwails and ocean fish, and even rockjaws make things really exciting and scary and I like them for that! I don't engage with treasures much but I've wanted to change that lately.

Archived