JoeW

New Twitch Drops Coming Soon.

wigfrids hat    5182
Just now, fimmatek said:

Huh, I too thought that it was a twitch drop as well, but I checked and it's part of the "Fool's Collection". 

How did we get this skin then? I honestly don't remember.

um...... ok, so i think you need to understand something;  twitch skin ≠ crystalline

the saltbox was indeed a drop but it was an april fools drop. it is a different set

• Like 1

Cliffford W.    589
54 minutes ago, -Dan0- said:

well yeah but there are some skins that aren't there like the salt box one

The saltbox wont be on twitch drop anytime soon cause its Fools collection which was on April fools day

xDarkSoul18x    84

I think I know exactly who you’re talking about when you mention “abuse”. Someone who has ads ever like 5 minutes. I also see where you’re coming from.

I’d often watch people when I couldn’t play or was taking a break and the amount of comments asking how to check their drop status or replies saying they “only had a few hours of AFK left” was crazy.

Thanks for the points and heads up! Super excited :wickerbottomthanks:

• Like 3

fimmatek    4299
2 hours ago, gaymime said:

um...... ok, so i think you need to understand something;  twitch skin ≠ crystalline

the saltbox was indeed a drop but it was an april fools drop. it is a different set

Ah yea, thanks. By the look of that skin it could have been in the crystalline collection, that confused me.

AllFunNGamez    465

I think people are forgetting we all got handed drops before as streamers it helped us all out. But look at twitch you start with affiliate and you work to partner imagine if everyone was partnered on twitch right away. There would be no drive no will to get that goal. This although it's not the same should feel the same way, it helps those who want to show they have the drive to be part of it and it helps prevent any negative abuse of the system. 

No other drop system on twitch offered what klei did before they all are exclusive to avoid this specific situation. It will help klei know they are making the right choice and not having someone who is there to ruin it for the rest. 

I think when we're so used to something change hurts us but in this case we need a chance otherwise it would never of worked. As for the number one streamers always being number one that is the routine of twitch people with flock where they see the large numbers. 

It will be up to klei to decide if there is a time limit you are awarded the drop that week or if you are chosen for a specific week. Either way I am happy but I do hope there is some sort of timer to avoid just streaming for 20+ hours with drops on. 

Debates like this are healthy and it helps to have everyone's input nobody should feel attacked or discouraged to voice their opinions this is how klei as a company gets better so never feel like your opinions do not matter. 

Happy Friday everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Health 1

14 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Would love to know how you would handle someone stepping over you and others by doing the same thing :)

he aint step on nobody, he just vibing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

"stream leechers" popping in a random DST Twitch stream when new drops are enabled, with mute function and add blocker on, leaving said stream in a background browser tab while working

you better be turning the stream quality down to like 120p 

Edited by TemporarySolutn
  • Like 1

Lomion    5
9 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

If you don't know all the facts about said person you shouldn't try to throw shade like this, it actually ruins a bit of the perspective you were trying to pass with your argument here which as always was fairly written, respectful and informative in your point of view.

It's like you actually understand russian (like myself) and understand what actual trash was going on there. xD

New system might have it's flaws. But i'm glad Klei is trying to fix already existing ones. Time will tell how all that will play out.

Diim4iik    22

I totally agree with Glerms. Yes, there are no drops in the game now, but I still stream DST almost every day, and try to raise the ru community. There are very few streamers in the ru category and this is very sad!:-?

• Like 1
  • Health 1

Diim4iik    22

JoeW,Let us hope for the best! the fact that you have done this is a huge work, and I hope this will affect the whole dst community

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    9966

I am deeply confused, will I still be able to watch someone stream for 6 hours while I do something else like play apex legends, DST or watch a movie?

or in other words- Do all these new Twitch rules only apply to the people streaming and not the people watching?

I would love to still be able to continue to unlock & get twitch drops same way as I always have been, but if for some reason I can not do that anymore I may just have to rely upon waiting for those drops to be added to Klei Rewards page.

SirToastyToes    885
6 minutes ago, JoeW said:

All that being said, something that I left out of the announcement that I should have put in there is that we will continue the practice of putting Twitch items on the rewards page. So, those that do not want to watch Twitch streams to get items, can simply wait a little while and get them later. But they will still need to keep an eye on our community to get the points to do so. 

A very welcome change!

8 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Above all else I want this to be clear. I do not think this is the perfect system, but I do see it as the best and possible only path forward and we'll do whatever we can to address deficiencies as we go along. 

Hopefully with some fine tuning this will be a great system. Interested to see where it goes.

Lomion    5
7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I am deeply confused, will I still be able to watch someone stream for 6 hours while I do something else like play apex legends, DST or watch a movie?

or in other words- Do all these new Twitch rules only apply to the people streaming and not the people watching?

I would love to still be able to continue to unlock & get twitch drops same way as I always have been, but if for some reason I can not do that anymore I may just have to rely upon waiting for those drops to be added to Klei Rewards page.

All changes are for streamers only.

• Like 1

BezKa    1701
11 minutes ago, JoeW said:

However, I still have to deal with the challenge of manually adding participants for each campaign, and I really don't know how that's going to work out in the long term. 

This is just me throwing random ideas, but a voting system to decide on submitted streamers or a way for viewers to submit their favourite streamers for voting? 

A shout-out for checking the streamer by the community so they can decide whether they like them and want them to be part of the 'approved' team? 

Basically any way to make it less of a single person decision, bc we know how much work devs already put into the forums, so controlling the twitch singlehandedly... On the other hand, that will just bring more work for devs. Other option would be to refer to already trusted streamers for recommendations- after all, they know what a streamer needs to be good. No idea if putting the responsibility on them is good or not. 

My main idea is to instead having streamers reach out for getting drops allowed, it was more of people deciding they want to watch the streamer and get drops, so the inbox isn't spammed by accounts that will be all nice and then afk stream anyway. 

alphapaint    8

Is anyone else having trouble with steam not verifying for logins? I'm trying to get the points linked here but it wont let me : ( 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alphapaint said:

Is anyone else having trouble with steam not verifying for logins? I'm trying to get the points linked here but it wont let me : ( 

Yup, looks like the Steam login tool on the Klei rewards site is kill. 

• Sad Dupe 2

DST_LSJ    1423
4 hours ago, ladylz said:

And again they are FREE skins that have no impact on gameplay whatsoever. You don't have to have them. Klei doesn't have to offer them. Picked or not I will continue to love and support Klei and play the game. I love it and the community drops or not. Maybe if you're only streaming DST because of the drops then you're probably not streaming for the right reasons.

Yeah they are Free. But they are also limited. This kind of behavior used to exist, that is, KLei will reward those players who watch the prescribed stream.  Why is the behavior of obtaining free skins through AFK that is allowed in DST game but forbidden in the streamt? Players who AFK to obtain weekly skins in the game should not be judged. AFK streamer should not be judged because audiences are more willing to watch it.

Now the situation has changed. We can get skins by KLei points. This is commendable.