New Twitch Drops Coming Soon.

Im curious on what's gonna happen to the russian guy that streams 24/7. He seems to do it for a living. I mostly relied on him when I was getting close to a deadline and no one was online... (with my phone on and me sleeping) I'm guessing that wasn't intended?

And Ill be honest here, watching people play a video game that I could be playing is extremely boring. I have never understood watching streaming of someone playing. I only opened a twitch account for this game... And missing out on the cool skins is a no. Do I really need to be checking constantly who is able to drop skins and who isn't? Will you be able to provide a weekly list? This will certainly hurt the numbers of small streamer who had a lot of afk people (not that I care). 

Most likely Id have to just tune in to jazzy or glermz for the sake of convenience.  

Just now, krtoween said:

Oh I thought that one was for the streamers to apply!

Ohhhh I misunderstood. You just have to make sure your twitch and klei accounts are linked. There should be a pinned post in this forum with the instructions on how to make sure it's done correctly.

I'm on my phone so grabbing links and bouncing around pages is difficult

Otherwise I'd put it in this post as well. :)

Just now, Griver84 said:

Ohhhh I misunderstood. You just have to make sure your twitch and klei accounts are linked. There should be a pinned post in this forum with the instructions on how to make sure it's done correctly.

I'm on my phone so grabbing links and bouncing around pages is difficult

Otherwise I'd put it in this post as well. :)

Oh I had that linked already for the previous ones , I'm guessing it will function the same. Thanks a lot for your reply though! :)

8 minutes ago, JoeW said:

There are definitely some challenges here. My biggest concern right now (among others) is going to be making sure there is adequate coverage 24 hours a day for those two weeks. There will be some bumps in this new system, but I am sure this is the best way to move forward right now. 

Time to become a streamer I guess. 

oof. i want to reccomend a streamer but he's never had more than 5 people at a time and he's a french speaker ;x; the thing is he is a really good player and the only wes mainer that i know anymore which makes him a lot more novel than the plethora of wigfrids and wilsons

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

oof. i want to reccomend a streamer but he's never had more than 5 people at a time and he's a french speaker ;x; the thing is he is a really good player and the only wes mainer that i know anymore which makes him a lot more novel than the plethora of wigfrids and wilsons

tell them to send in an email to Klei. Never hurts to try! 

I'm sure it will be a great change! I'm always excited when you bring news! We feel very beloved knowing that you are always thinking about the community <3 

PT-Br: Tenho certeza que será uma ótima mudança! Sempre fico animada com as novidades que vocês trazem! Nós sentimos muito queridos sabendo que vocês estão sempre pensando na comunidade <3 

15 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

tell them to send in an email to Klei. Never hurts to try! 

yeah but considering we have plenty of people already on the forums who stream and do so in the language of the dev team i'm not holding my breath in the least

7 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

if i understand it corectly nothing realy has changed for the twitch watchers? is all as before?

maybe your fav streamer wont be able to have drops on, but appart from that I think nothing has changed

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Im curious on what's gonna happen to the russian guy that streams 24/7. He seems to do it for a living. I mostly relied on him when I was getting close to a deadline and no one was online... (with my phone on and me sleeping) I'm guessing that wasn't intended?

People like him are the whole reason for the new system. You’re almost guaranteed to find someone that’s legitimate to be streaming. And they’ll raid someone else with drops when their stream ends, so there’s nothing to worry about.

39 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

Will twitch drops be new or they will be the one that we could buy in rewards page before 

i'd assume it would be new stuff since we already got points to buy the existing stuff and it would be really weird to start drops back up and only have things the collective only just got

2 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

not gonna lie, the part where only a selected streamers will be able to give drops sucks. It makes people not explore the small streamers at all and only stick to the big ones

What you dont know is how many small streamers left the category because of what was going on :) A lot of people really have no idea of how much negative impact the old system being exploited had on small streamers and certain communities :) The big streamers were actually still growing despite what was going on, and the numbers prove it.

The entire twitch platform is built in you fighting for something, just like in life, you first fight to get affiliate and then to get partner, and your work needs to show for it. Everyday new people start stream, everyday there are new affiliates and everyday there are new Partners. Just because something isn't given to everyone at first doesnt mean they will never get it.

Do you know how many people watched someone for drops, enjoyed the next day came not for drops but because they enjoyed watching someone content and they find someone even better for them? That will still happen.

I can give you examples of other games where this system existed and how many smaller streamers made to the companies drops program first, than into twitch partner program because of it and some who actually made it bigger aftewards, and they started without anything while others had it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this unspoken pretense that only the big streamers will get access to drops. If I'm reading this right then it sounds like if anything, this new system will benefit smaller streamers immensely because they could have exclusive access to drops in a given week that larger channels might not.

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Most likely Id have to just tune in to jazzy or glermz for the sake of convenience.

But me and Glermz might not get the drops that week :-)

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

And Ill be honest here, watching people play a video game that I could be playing is extremely boring. I have never understood watching streaming of someone playing. I only opened a twitch account for this game... And missing out on the cool skins is a no. Do I really need to be checking constantly who is able to drop skins and who isn't? Will you be able to provide a weekly list? This will certainly hurt the numbers of small streamer who had a lot of afk people (not that I care). 

What he did was breaking ToS rules to make a "living". Unless you ok with people going agaisnt the rules to make a living, you shouldn't support people who do it.

It's stated in this thread that Klei will try to assure there is always someone to watch at any given time. The system will not be 100% perfect but it will be much better than the previous one for the category, 100%.

Also who is to say you would have these skins if it wasn't for Klei wanting to help and support their content creators? Maybe the reason you have a chance on these skins is because of the people who create content of the game and Klei wanting to help them by giving opportunities of others, unlike you, who might actually enjoy watching someone play and learn from them.

Archived