[Game Update] - 451074

• Developer

Gameplay Change:

• Beefalo now wake up to follow their bonded player if they go too far away at night, like Chester and Glommer.
  • Beefalo in heat cannot be hitched

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the groomer and sewing machine burnt animations.
  • Ridden Beefalo’s costumes work properly if their main build changes now.
  • Hitched Beefalo won’t teleport to the owner.
  • Traps can now be picked up properly while riding a Beefalo.
  • Smoldering objects can now be smothered while riding a Beefalo.
  • Domesticated Beefalo will no longer turn feral if their Beefalo Bell bond is broken.
  • Fixed player badges from being missing in the server browser.
  • Fixed the Redeem Codes text entry box from failing to accept certain codes.
  • Fixed Wigfrid’s Merrymaker hair clipping issue.
  • Fixed a crash after playing the contest several times.
  • Fixed a crash if there are more than 8 posts in a contest.
  • Fixed a crash at the end of a contest if you pick a fight with contestants.
  • Fixed a crash if the Beefalo got unhitched just as a player tried to groom it

View full update

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Potato Cup 1

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I am unsure what "hitched" means, being a non-american. I assume the bell bond?

To hitch is to tie something together.  For example, a horse is hitched to a post via some rope.  Or a truck is pulling a load by its hitch- the ball you see on the backside of some trucks that have them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

but klei what about those creepy moving eye blingin heads in character selection and scoreboard? for what? for extra creepynes? well if so that one mod only removes movin heads from character select screen but not scoreboard

and in general that looks more like a glitch then anything realy so ahm whats that good for again? can we please get an option for still heads?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

15 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

Does it mean that a domesticated beefalo will never go feral if they are bonded via the bell? Or am I reading this wrong?

think there was a bug that made the beefalo go feral when used bell to break the bond. the bell should now just stop the connection beef - player instead of removing the taming level

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

but klei what about those creepy moving eye blingin heads in character selection and scoreboard? for what? for extra creepynes? well if so that one mod only removes movin heads from character select screen but not scoreboard

and in general that looks more like a glitch then anything realy so ahm whats that good for again? can we please get an option for still heads?

It's also quite processor demanding too since it's an actual animated model being rendered for each player. Klei normally considers underperforming hardware when designing things, so I'm still baffled that they took this approach.

Or was rendering a model just "easier" somehow? I don't think it'd be that difficult or time intensive to rig up a "default" static face, make a script to "animate" the character faces (with every Elegant headslot skin) and effectively screenshot it. Once you have the image, convert to TEX, and have it replace the old icons... Sure it'd be an on-going process to add new skins, but assuming you don't throw away the script, it wouldn't be that tough.

The models don't look all that good in my opinion either, the heads are tiny compared to the icons they replaced. Most of the chins are too low (aka the face itself isn't centered) and it's mostly odd-balls like Winona and Wormwood who's heads actually fit the circle fully... Just an odd decision all around.

Eh, maybe my idea of scrapping them altogether will appear in the first QOL update, I'll keep my hopes up.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, KCDA said:

The models don't look all that good in my opinion either, the heads are tiny compared to the icons they replaced. Most of the chins are too low (aka the face itself isn't centered) and it's mostly odd-balls like Winona and Wormwood who's heads actually fit the circle fully... Just an odd decision all around.

Klei can easily pause the models animations with one line, I guess they just like the bobbiness for whatever reason.

I do like that they pull from the character build, this saves on having to make extra images and that helps out Klei and Modders. Additionally they appear higher quality. I just wish the models didnt move...

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Klei can easily pause the models animations with one line, I guess they just like the bobbiness for whatever reason.

I do like that they pull from the character build, this saves on having to make extra images and that helps out Klei and Modders. Additionally they appear higher quality. I just wish the models didnt move...

Doctor: Floating Maxwell head isn't real it can't hurt you

Floating Maxwell head:
 AAAAAAAAAAaa.png.7bf06b9649ec26056e15608361593634.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What's this? Like, you can duplicate tamed beefs? 

Yes.. and I have a video of it happening but I’ll need to locate it.

Edit: Here’s the video, Beefalo doesn’t need to be tamed, just customized and bell bonded and then roll the server back.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What's this? Like, you can duplicate tamed beefs? 

Each time that, for whatever reason, the server reloads, be it a rollback or just launching it a new beefalo is spawned out of your bonded beefalo.

So literally just shut down the server and launch it over and over and voila, beefalo duplication machine.

I've had to remove my extra one using console commands like 10 times now.after I got tired of killing them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Each time that, for whatever reason, the server reloads, be it a rollback or just launching it a new beefalo is spawned out of your bonded beefalo.

So literally just shut down the server and launch it over and over and voila, beefalo duplication machine.

I've had to remove my extra one using console commands like 10 times now.after I got tired of killing them.

Hm, I've definitely done that and haven't seen anything weird. Any other conditions? Distance from bonded beefalo at server shut down? Outfit it's wearing? I wouldn't mind doing this once to start a new herd somewhere by letting a domesticated beef go feral at the place of my choosing. 

31 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Hm, I've definitely done that and haven't seen anything weird. Any other conditions? Distance from bonded beefalo at server shut down? Outfit it's wearing? I wouldn't mind doing this once to start a new herd somewhere by letting a domesticated beef go feral at the place of my choosing. 

That's strange, I have an Ornery beefalo, no skins, just the bell on my inventory. And I'm usually nearby beefalo when I log off.

I though it just happened everytime, but I'll experiment a bit and see what exactly causes it.

When you have a skin on, it duplicated a beefalo without any skins on it, but with the same properties as your beefalo, saddle, tencendy, etc. Just not bonded with the bell, and thus, no name.

EDIT: After some testing, it seems that it only happens if when I launch the server, or rollback, the moment is rolled back to, I was riding the Beefalo.
So if I ride on the beefalo, save and shut down the server, when I relaunch the server, I'll have two beefalos, but if I'm not riding it, it works as intended.

image.png.1e9612da50e4ec1f4d7dcb8073f369fb.png

I think the game is trying to spawn the player entity and the beefalo as 2 separated entities, but the player is player+beefalo, so it spawns a beefalo alongside the previous beefalo that existed.

Only one of the beefalos is linked by the bell, so you can only have the cloning glitch work with one of the beefalos at a time.

If someone else can test and confirm, please do.

Edited by CremeLover
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

1 hour ago, CremeLover said:

EDIT: After some testing, it seems that it only happens if when I launch the server, or rollback, the moment is rolled back to, I was riding the Beefalo.
So if I ride on the beefalo, save and shut down the server, when I relaunch the server, I'll have two beefalos, but if I'm not riding it, it works as intended.

That must be it! I always park and feed my beef before logging off. I'll try it now...

EDIT: Nope. Tried rolling back and relogging but no luck. On orney tendency. PS4. 

Edited by NSAiswatchingus

11 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

That must be it! I always park and feed my beef before logging off. I'll try it now...

EDIT: Nope. Tried rolling back and relogging but no luck. On orney tendency. PS4. 

Strange, because I can make it happen consistently.

I'd say is a PC only bug, but Mike also has it. Did you try it with while you had the Bell on the beefalo you were bonded to on your inventory?

25 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Strange, because I can make it happen consistently.

I'd say is a PC only bug, but Mike also has it. Did you try it with while you had the Bell on the beefalo you were bonded to on your inventory?

I know! PC gets all the good bugs. I tried it with bell in inventory and in backpack. No difference. 

• Sad Dupe 1

3 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I know! PC gets all the good bugs. I tried it with bell in inventory and in backpack. No difference. 

Mike also gets the bug, so I would assume is can be reproduced on console as well.

Just tested it again. New world, no mods, and it works consistently 100% of the time. I tried with c_reset() command right after saving.

image.thumb.png.41867c10b0b1694f025780b5e124d6c7.png

image.thumb.png.a79349e2a132024a4868eafb27db5a3d.png

Tried on both dedicated and regular hosted one.

image.thumb.png.dd0bd2933d795f33dd73b77e77d4258f.png

It happens 100% of the time as long as I'm riding the beefalo I'm bonded to, then save, and then reset the server.

One insteresting thing to note is that both Beefalos have the name given by the bell, despite only one being bonded.

image.thumb.png.f4b280c2fb748b4253c41a8f55758e6c.png

Spawned a feral beefalo, gave it 7 twigs and a saddle, mounted up, saved, resseted the server, same result.

Edited by CremeLover
  • Thanks 1