[Game Update] - 450552

When was graphite added to the game?? Or has it been there for a long time and I just haven't noticed before? Maybe we'll see some renewable diamonds in the future :eek:.

(Obs: I used the sandbox mode, I haven't found it in my world)

656264743_CapturadeTela(60).thumb.png.2ecb36a16007e3734a3f67b698b5438a.png

1552745129_CapturadeTela(61).thumb.png.2c7593d627cd01f706cc6f1eea402e36.png

Edited by Victorzhov
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Victorzhov said:

When was graphite added to the game?? Or has it been there for a long time and I just haven't noticed before? Maybe we'll see some renewable diamonds in the future :eek:.

(Obs: I used the sandbox mode, I haven't found it in my world)

656264743_CapturadeTela(60).thumb.png.2ecb36a16007e3734a3f67b698b5438a.png

1552745129_CapturadeTela(61).thumb.png.2c7593d627cd01f706cc6f1eea402e36.png

I think it is totally new...

It may be useful to control the nuclear reaction in the reactor to avoid any badaboom ( ;-)@babba )

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, RomainL said:

It may be useful to control the nuclear reaction in the reactor to avoid any badaboom ( ;-)@babba )

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh graphite :confused:

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice :chunky:

Need fire, need fire in the game !

image.png.b5e3d0fadeb11ca648b35000381b6133.pngimage.png.59a34b6ffc11021af4efe0c3d324eebc.png

"When exposed to air, graphite burns at a temperature of 400°C, and the reaction can become self-sustaining at 550°C—well below the typical operating temperature of the PBMR. Graphite also burns in the presence of water."

image.png.bb6759fbcc2b0cc8e1f1b7eea5a36c4d.pngimage.png.de7b19c6e1e0d84d80b007941482df8f.png

If early humans controlled it, how did they start a fire? We do not have firm answers, but they may have used pieces of flint stones banged together to create sparks. They may have rubbed two sticks together generating enough heat to start a blaze. Conditions of these sticks had to be ideal for a fire.

image.png.370c96cfbc2cd9dfb4ee341aef813c37.pngimage.png.d3a2e5f9cdff7e9eb0d6dd18ce2164b4.png

image.png.51755c860281ddefc9ff95d47b955604.png

@minespatch Like your lovely family photo scene :biggrin-new: Banging them together to get fire :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, babba said:

Need fire, need fire !

There's the babba we all know and love.

I know you want to watch this:

The video is properly protected by a lot of beeps so it's PG13, I guess.

As usual, don't try this at home.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added a new Battery Module to rockets which stores excess power generated by a rocket engine or ground facilities. Provides stored power to Interior Rocket Outlets

There is a new building in rockets ?? i dont see it. 

6 hours ago, RomainL said:

On 2/4/2021 at 11:13 PM, RageLeague said:

Oh nice! Now rockets actually makes a bit more sense! We don't need to put hamster wheels in rockets for some reason and we can simply vent out excess carbon dioxide instead of figuring a way to delete them.

Also now we can very easily abuse the system and use the nosecone as unlimited storage for any material and have a good way to automate it. I'm sure it will be fine.

Yep, already doing the unlimited storage thing :lol:

Had some weirdness with the crown molding corners, but it seems to be fixed now?, took some reconstruction. Seems like they don't like airflow tiles or something in righthand corner orientation.

Can't seem to replicate reliably.

Also, mixed liquids are acting strangely when in in a stair step orientation, great masses of the brine were forming at the base of the stair step configuration - as if all the brine decided to migrate to the lowest tile. This is perhaps simply the product of an unnoticed melt, but strange all the same. 

On 2/4/2021 at 8:31 PM, The Plum Gate said:

This

also, for windowed or borderless mode

" -popupwindow <- you want this in steam "set launch options", you may have to "alt + enter" when the game opens. "

also this from an old thread:

Because ONI uses Unity, there isn't really any way to add borderless window to the graphics options. However you can add "-popupwindow" to your command line(or set it in your steam launch options) and the game will run borderless. This requires you to set the in game graphics to windowed mode.

Launch options can be entered in the game properties, some options are listed above, can be entered in this box below the launch options heading.

The Avast solutions don't work either. I just don't know what the solution is to get the DLC to load.

• Sad Dupe 1

5 hours ago, vonVile said:

The Avast solutions don't work either. I just don't know what the solution is to get the DLC to load.

Just reinstall windows. ...otherwise your igpu isn't supported and the devs need to take a look at whatever part that is.

Making sure your firmware and gpu drivers are up to date may help as well.

Well, now that we have a good use for the rocket cargo modules (solid, liquid, gas), the small engines became too small to be able to hold any of these, since you need power to make the new fittings work, a battery is a must add, but then you don't have room for anything else in the rocket.

And also, the cargo modules being small sized just "feels" like they would be better used in the small engines.

A balance change in the max modules is needed...

Also, buried deep inside I kind of expect some kind of rocket walls alignment. Mixing big modules with small ones just feels... wrong. 

P.S.: the tooltip for the "Conveyor Loader Fitting" mentions gas instead of solids.

Something is off about electricity, it seems like consumption has gone up but I don't have a big enough base to diagnose this and the energy tab is blank.

Just now, gabberworld said:

That quote you quoted me on was a quote from some other out of website forum post or an archived excerpt and not my own words, per se.

So bear this in mind.

Someone is having a hard time getting the dlc to launch on a surface pro 6 with an i7.

1 hour ago, MrGuga said:

since you need power to make the new fittings work, a battery is a must add

You can still use internal power and batteries, right? The battery module can be more about freeing up internal space for things. And using external modules for supply makes things more hands off and convenient. But for your first rockets you can still micro manage things like you do now.

Moreover, giving an incentive to use steam, sugar and petroleum rockets is good design. Right now all you need is the CO2 rocket and everything else just increases speed. If they increase the burden then it becomes the go to rocket again. But it's supposed to be starter tech to get your rocket program going (though it does have the advantage of being able to produce fuel on any planet).

Edited by Steve8

Sneaky worldgen-abyssalite crust changes that weren't mentioned... (unless I missed some lines in a previous update somewhere..?)

Spoiler

Terra start starting planetoid space biome

image.thumb.png.7c3536ae77f2a1fa52bc560c06e3d8db.png

Swamp start starting planetoid space biome

image.thumb.png.d9532ccdaffb22acb9380517a9ee5cb4.png

niobium planetoid

image.thumb.png.2ef39364a8d4dd213699438a1450303c.png

Also... is this below a bug? or just really really bad luck..? (starting biome bottom layer, magma above abyssalite, seed: SWMP-C-288397971-0 ) 

Spoiler

image.png.145f0c5f35c3e180bc9f75d0abecc31c.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve8 said:

That's a lot of magma

That's a "biome don't touch" in 20-30 cycles (maybe less..?)  and it's also swamp... (no atmosuits until cycle 50-100) :hopelessness:.

Oh well... it is just one of my testing maps. I'm not too thrilled to play that seed.. :lol: