Spoiler
  • Snapping Tills
  • Wormwood Flower Extender
  • Lag Info ohm.. I mean Item info
  • Geometric Placament etc.

And there is few "questionable but okay" mod like

Spoiler
  • Craft Pot
  • Action Queue etc. (Edit: This one gives huge speed for mining chopping and Now I consider it as cheat too.)

But there is just "Cheat" mods that bassicly break game mechanics and use client side system againist to the game like:

• Nightivision For Free (Clientside) This mod just remove darkness effect from the game. Charlie still can hit you but you can stay alive just with thermal stone.
  • Farm Plant Needs This mod make you being able to viewing plant needs without any item. (Edit: It's not the mod I talking about but it's doing same thing.)

Now, I don't care about people that using mods that destroy the lore of game mechanics or adds anime girls with barrel shotgun that can instakill every creature. I'm okay with them only if they be server mod. Second mod just pissed me off last day. I enjoy to play with random people sometimes. I just opened a survival server that everyone could survive and suffer from mechanics in vanilla. I picked Wormwood to be more effective on new farming. I saw a guy (Warly) that keep telling me this plant is thristy, this is happy. I said how could you know without gardener thing? He said I'm just using a mod and I realized how they use game's vulner againist it.

I don't want to offend anyone that use these mod or these mod creator. Maybe they thinked this is gonna be a nice QoL update but it's not. There is plenty of people want to those mods to be balanced like being able to see only when you use gardener hat (I don't remember what was called lol) but it's look like mod makers are fine with the current system. I hope Klei fix this problem and force to make this mod server side.

You raise a valid issue. I would propose that Klei add limitations to what mods can do and checks but people will find ways to bypass them, not to mention it would take a lot of work to even be able to properly limit what people can do.

I think the easiest solution for now is communication. Say how you want to play, and what is allowed, and take action when you need to. I won't blame people for wanting to change the game for whatever reason (I try not to personally), but definitely not on my server.

I don't really mind them, I don't like to use them and if someone else is using them it's not hard for me to just ignore/not play alongside with them.

As for trying to fix these exploits/hacks it can be difficult, for the nightvision mod it's practically impossible to solve that one without doing some insane changes to the game engine. The 2nd one could maybe be solved fairly easily I think?

The best you can really do is just ignore the people with these cheaty mods, remember there's a mute option in the Tab screen you can use!

7 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I don't really mind them, I don't like to use them and if someone else is using them it's not hard for me to just ignore/not play alongside with them.

Yeah, I'm a little bit ruler. I mean I always want to play game in their own rules. I only use lorefriendly mods. But if it's hard to fix those mods, sadly I will have to ignore it :(

1 hour ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Now, if people are berating me and calling me a liability for not having these mods then we have a problem.

I don't care about how you want to game work but if your style broke my game while we play together and specially when I'm the server owner, then we have a problem.
Also

4 hours ago, Slagger said:

I don't want to offend anyone that use these mod or these mod creator.

9 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I don't care about how you want to game work but if your style broke my game while we play together and specially when I'm the server owner, then we have a problem.
Also

Most of these mods are client-side Graphical Interfaces that don’t affect the entire server. The ones listed in the OP do not affect your experience whatsoever.

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Most of these mods are client-side Graphical Interfaces that don’t affect the entire server. The ones listed in the OP do not affect your experience whatsoever.

It don't effect my experience directly like how you can't see wallhacks when someone use it. But you will understand effect when you realize injustice. Specially for PvP, Competitive and Madness servers. It will effect me when players get tons of source in caves while I waste source to make a moggles.

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

It don't effect my experience directly like how you can't see wallhacks when someone use it. But you will understand effect when you realize injustice. Specially for PvP, Competitive and Madness servers. It will effect me when players get tons of source in caves while I waste source to make a moggles.

I mean, most of these mods just streamline game information in a way that’s readable. The biggest offenders are probably night vision in dark and nightmare phase tracker.

When I’m in caves, I just use the map and a torch to gather resources, so you can’t always chalk up to mods.

That does in fact sound shitty. I always did my best to not have mods that will give me unfair advantage over other players, it kinda sucks that not everyone bothers to think about being fair with people they're playing with. The only thing I can think of is server-side mod ban list, not allowing people who use the mods listed to join. 

But mods are, in the end, something DST is not responsible for. We might not get any other solution than to deal with it.

I don't mind if other people use them, while I personally try to avoid them. I'm gonna be honest, when I first got the mod that added Warly to DST (before he was added legitimately), I used craft pot or something with a similar functionality, and it really taught me a lot. I learned the exact values of food groups, and which recipes require what values, etc. I NEVER would have been able to learn that stuff on my own, and not nearly as efficiently if I used the wiki. I don't need to use it now, but it definitely helped me learn the mechanics. To say I am totally against them would be hypocritical.

It is a cooperative game, so client side mods that give players an upper hand isn't really a big problem imo. Besides, client side mods don't even compare to the shenanigans you can do with the in game console, and even that isn't totally game breaking (most of the time). 

While I personally don't use them, I really could care less if others do, even when working alongside them.

I don't understand how Action Queue is questionable but okay mod, to me this is the most broken and cheaty mod out of all that you mentioned, just based on how much effort you need to put into playing the game and this mod does it all for you, if i remember correctly what i heard it even auto clicks on rocks/trees to cut them at the fastest possible speed, and this is much faster then normal if you ever tried doing it, i usually only do that for first few ingame days when i don't want to waste much time.

It can literally automate quite a big part of your game, its like having a bot play the game for you like they already made for minecraft, except it is a bit less advanced in a way that it can't play the game completely on its own and you need to give an input in what you want it to do, for example just select a big pile of trees that you planted close together and wait a full day and only stop the mod when night comes and now do the same without the mod and see how faster the mod has cut the trees and how many compared to player that actually had to play the game.

The other mods you mentioned except item info,craft pot,farm plant needs only require knowledge from what i know, i didn't experiment with plants that deep as i have beeboxes. I'd say these are only an issue if a new player uses them, once you figure out the game you pretty much don't need them but if they want to ruin their experience it is up to them. My most memorable experiences are when i was a new DS player and figuring out the game.

Snapping tills and Gemetric placement, i really don't see why you have an issue with these mods, i use Geometric placement and i'd say probably all megabasers use it. There's just no way around it, i just like everything in my base to be arranged perfectly.

Nightvision mod is quite a few tiers below acton queue but its still cheat-like mod. I really don't like this mod but i can ignore it as it still requires a light source and player is still playing the game.

5 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

Snapping tills and Gemetric placement, i really don't see why you have an issue with these mods, i use Geometric placement and i'd say probably all megabasers use it. There's just no way around it, i just like everything in my base to be arranged perfectly.

Nightvision mod is quite a few tiers below acton queue but its still cheat-like mod. I really don't like this mod but i can ignore it as it still requires a light source and player is still playing the game.

ActionQueue is the worst cheat mod ever because it slightly accelerates the rate at which you chop trees (except for the fact that a player can already mash left click to be just as fast as the mod).

Geo placement has nothing wrong with it because it greatly accelerates the rate at which you create a base and allows you to do things such as easily create a sextuple crock pot or perfect 3x3 farmlands.

Also night vision isn't as cheaty as not breaking your mouse by mashing left click for some reason.

2 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Snapping tills and Gemetric placement, i really don't see why you have an issue with these mods,

I didnt call them bad. I'm using it too. 

15 hours ago, Slagger said:

Now, there is great client side mods that improve gameplay really good like:

9 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I dislike that you're so blatantly advertising them for everyone to see

I reported them first but didn't get response. And I said what do you think in topic. And also (again)

15 hours ago, Slagger said:

I don't want to offend anyone that use these mod or these mod creator.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Also night vision isn't as cheaty as not breaking your mouse by mashing left click for some reason.

I didn't know that. I thought it just make your job that you clicked before.

It just would be cool feature if admins would be able to see clientside mods or be able to filter it.

it's lame, I've seen all types of cheats on pubs, some much more outrageous than those client mods. It's probably the main reason I prefer the game on console, I can tell how much effort someone put in a build and I know what I see is legitimate. 

To clarify, I don't care if one uses all the mods he can in his hosted games, but when you do it on pubs or servers you don't know it does alter with other players experiences, for ex you'd be able to get the runis loot much faster than others with nightvision. However I don't think there can be done much about it, other than avoid those types of players.

6 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

it's lame, I've seen all types of cheats on pubs, some much more outrageous than those client mods. It's probably the main reason I prefer the game on console, I can tell how much effort someone put in a build and I know what I see is legitimate. 

To clarify, I don't care if one uses all the mods he can in his hosted games, but when you do it on pubs or servers you don't know it does alter with other players experiences, for ex you'd be able to get the runis loot much faster than others with nightvision. However I don't think there can be done much about it, other than avoid those types of players.

Exactly how I feel. It's so obnoxious when someone joins a server and literally 10 seconds later says they want to regen because there's no set piece they want, or says they found lunar, or some other thing that makes it extremely blatant they're cheating.

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

It just would be cool feature if admins would be able to see clientside mods or be able to filter it.

There's really nothing server admins can do about client-side. I imagine you may even create mods that help you bypass any type of client-side mod verification done by the servers. Klei would have to shift functionality from client to server, but that might heavily (and unnecessarily) increase the load on servers. 

Client-side mods are not supposed to break the integrity of the state of the game in servers. In that sense, there is no reason for servers to moderate client-side mods. We could argue that some client mods "break the DST experience" (for example, remove insanity filters and sounds, WX overcharge sounds, or snow tiles, or the night-vision mods), but that's ultimately a personal opinion. What good does it make playing a game you want to enjoy if you get a headache due to the constant sound of flies because there's poop everywhere? :wilson_hurt: 

I feel like this isn't a major issue. Let people play how they want to play. This is by-and-large a co-op game, either you're playing with friends where this "issue" can be easily solved by talking to one another about how y'all wanna play. or you're joining into a random dedicated server where you really shouldn't care about what people do, unless they're actively griefing.

People derive enjoyment from different aspects of the game that may not be compatible with other people's. But this isn't a competitive game where these kind of "Cheat" mods directly negatively affect other player's gameplay. If you want to have fun playing the game, and the way to do that is by having these mods to make things easier/less tedious, then more power to you.

Archived