discussion closed

I've been trying so hard. Wayyyy too hard to try and stay positive about Newhome, but I don't think I can.

Their marketing is atrocious, they don't follow up on half the stuff they say and the stuff they post (Not to mention the hundreds of tweets they delete) is of poor quality. 

Bloody fantastic. 

I genuinely dont think they're purposefully trying to scam anyone.

They're just really bloody incompetent, their media team or whoever is running their media accounts is so messy and lots of confusion has happened before. I hope they can get in order, because I do enjoy the game, I've tried out the closed beta but the way theyve been handling their media is so infuriating.

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

They're just really bloody incompetent, their media team or whoever is running their media accounts is so messy and lots of confusion has happened before. I hope they can get in order, because I do enjoy the game, I've tried out the closed beta but the way theyve been handling their media is so infuriating.

I would totally agree with you if it wasn't for the feast week winner part. If you go to that instagram account you can clearly see the stolen images and a bunch of random food made on ''the same day'' and I also found some really cool dishes people on twitter made and posted so they had options. They clearly gave that fake account the first prize because they wanted to cut the losses. I would be furious if I were one of these people who actually put effort into this and they chose the fake account...Well I'm furious now for spending 5 hours on an art work and not even getting the lowest prize...

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Just assume malice because people can easily prove maliciousness through TenCent by very "specific" topics and I'm sure no one wants to bring it here

Just now, Seero said:

Just assume malice because people can easily prove maliciousness through TenCent by very "specific" topics and I'm sure no one wants to bring it here

Tencent is only the publisher of Newhome and I really really really really really doubt that they're somehow directly managing the Newhome Twitter account to maliciously scam people out of money via fake instagram accounts

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

Tencent is only the publisher of Newhome and I really really really really really doubt that they're somehow directly managing the Newhome Twitter account to maliciously scam people out of money via fake instagram accounts

I get it,it's weird to me as well. Such a big company you'd think 20$ is nothing to them. But with all that I provided here I really don't see what else is going on,could they really be fooled by stock google images?For first place,really? I hope this is all a big misunderstanding

Just now, krtoween said:

I get it,it's weird to me as well. Such a big company you'd think 20$ is nothing to them. But with all that I provided here I really don't see what else is going on,could they really be fooled by stock google images?For first place,really? I hope this is all a big misunderstanding

I feel like if they wanted to set up a puppet account to save money, they would've gone to the store and bought some stuff to make their own dish or made some artwork themselves. I'm not sure what'd be worse, though... being fooled by stock images or using stock images themselves. Either way it's a very bad look on them.

16 hours ago, Mr. Tiddles said:

I feel like if they wanted to set up a puppet account to save money, they would've gone to the store and bought some stuff to make their own dish or made some artwork themselves. I'm not sure what'd be worse, though... being fooled by stock images or using stock images themselves. Either way it's a very bad look on them.

Well since these are all the dishes on the account , they didn't even specify which one won and I bet I could find all of them on some article from 2015 like the ones above... (also the account hasn't posted since then and the last posts were those low effort don't starve memes made at the same time as the other posts to cover for the fake account i guess lol)

Newhome has been a bit weird with their communication and hasn’t been great with mentioning those errors. For instance, the first closed beta they mentioned how users that signed up would get rejection emails and many people were confused when they weren’t get any emails at all. Turns out they just decided to not do them and not announce it. They are somewhat slow considering the art contest where submissions ended on 11/20 had announced winners sometime in December. Overall, I think the likely story here is that their communication and handling overall just isn’t that great and leaves a lot of people in the dust. We don’t know or have proof they’re doing anything maliciously. I really hope you get your rewards and that this gets settled.

On 11/19/2016 at 12:39 AM, minespatch said:

Have you seen Tencent's romantic partners mod?! :wilson_ecstatic:

On 11/19/2016 at 1:43 AM, Pyr0mrcow said:

...no, but I'm intrigued by the implication that it's probably terrible?

On 11/19/2016 at 1:48 AM, minespatch said:
On 11/11/2016 at 2:56 PM, Arlesienne said:

On top of this being utterly imbalanced and making no sense in the context of DST whatsoever, I saw the style of the thing and something died in me.

Children dear, compare and contrast these two!

Kibi-fxxsmic6036686.jpg

You can click the arrow in quotations to check the thread out.

7 hours ago, Hornete said:

I experienced struggles while contacting representatives of chinese companies a couple times, when I had problem with purchased product and wanted to ask about next steps they kept replying in broken english and misunderstanding me, then just sent me another piece of the item, haha. My friend ordered smartwatch once and it did not arrive. She messaged seller, they sent her another one. Later both arrived, so she contacted them again to ask how to send one back (because that's a fair thing to do) and they were this close to sending her third one, because they didn't understand. What I'm trying to say here is that for some reason it is common for chinese companies to have poor handling of global customers/clients, even tho so often these companies are specifically aiming for that kind of market. 

...But with that said, I don't think that is the case here. There were many great photos for the food contest, yet they chosen that profile with stolen ones? This is not incompetence. If anything, they are incompetent in the ways they deceive people.

50 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Well the game was made by tencent right?  If so then this shouldn't be a surprise at all.  

Not really, it was published by Tencent but developed by a different company (Forgot the name).

It's more of poor communication situation.

Anyways.

1822671624_giphy(3).gif.95734aa2f8e7d8cac6d07a0777b734ca.gif

I don't know how else to convey mock horror

1 hour ago, VouMorrer said:

i just hope people dont blame klei for this...

The only thing they can be blamed for was letting another company (One that isn't very 'good' at making games)  making a game for them and not overseeing anything.  Their only mistake was giving another company the assets.

Archived