discussion closed

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

most won't 

but edgy rick definitely will

Second or third time you bring up his name not only is he unrelated to this discussion but he is living rent free in your head and you need to evict him On the premise that TenCent is a bad company connected to an even worse "organization"
Klei chose to associate with them and that is a fault

4 minutes ago, Seero said:

Second or third time you bring up his name not only is he unrelated to this discussion but he is living rent free in your head and you need to evict him On the premise that TenCent is a bad company connected to an even worse "organization"
Klei chose to associate with them and that is a fault

i just answered the guys question?

he asked and i quote

i hope people don't blame klei for this

so i answered him without going off topic and i even made a dumb little edgy rick joke 

you seem quite aggressive towards me the past couple a days?maybe take a chill pill or something because i ain't doin anything wrong

I am not trying to defend this, because I know nothing about it beyond what's in this post. 

But I think "scam" might be a bit harsh. You don't agree with who they chose to win, and your prize hasn't been received yet. I understand that this can be frustrating and I will try to get it sorted out for you. 

This is the first I have seen this complaint, so at least the second part seems like a bit of a misunderstanding. The first part certainly seems dubious, but I don't really think they are trying to pull anything over on anybody. 

All that being said. While there isn't anything I can do directly, I will see what I can figure out. 

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I am not trying to defend this, because I know nothing about it beyond what's in this post. 

But I think "scam" might be a bit harsh. You don't agree with who they chose to win, and your prize hasn't been received yet. I understand that this can be frustrating and I will try to get it sorted out for you. 

This is the first I have seen this complaint, so at least the second part seems like a bit of a misunderstanding. The first part certainly seems dubious, but I don't really think they are trying to pull anything over on anybody. 

All that being said. While there isn't anything I can do directly, I will see what I can figure out. 

Thank you for responding , I know I used the word scam harshly,although I wanted something to catch people's attention if they are planning on entering their contests and working hard on an entry (because they are apparently going to be doing a lot of them) I just don't want anyone else dissappointed about the outcome,sorry for the sort of mean post, I will remove it shortly

14 minutes ago, krtoween said:

Thank you for responding , I know I used the word scam harshly,although I wanted something to catch people's attention if they are planning on entering their contests and working hard on an entry (because they are apparently going to be doing a lot of them) I just don't want anyone else dissappointed about the outcome,sorry for the sort of mean post, I will remove it shortly

Oh, I totally understand. It's just that most people will only read the headline. =)

Anyway, I have already sent a message and I will get it sorted out. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

That is literally Alex Jones...

Woops, typed the wrong name for the internet vileman after having just woken up, they were on a podcast together when this was said so mixed the two up. Point still stands that this is a meme of a conspiracy theorist that had the R-slur covered up by "not trusting Tencent" and you can find this very quickly by googling it.

6 minutes ago, Seero said:

No one literally cares, Sunset

Well obviously someone does or I wouldn't be bringing it up. You not caring about something =/= nobody in the entire world cares.

I'd be kind of concerned if nobody cares about slurs on a forum like this, honestly.

48 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Point still stands that this is a meme of a conspiracy theorist that had the R-slur covered up by "not trusting Tencent"

And? A lot of memes retrofit so it would be acceptable in places where slurs are forbidden. Even "Maxwell Memes" had some memes posted were the original had a slur. From the looks of it your reply isn't about the Tencent meme, but pushing an agenda that "Alex Jones" and "Joe Roegan" are bad people because "conspiracy theorists". Thus this meme is bad too, even though the topic is entirely different.

Spoiler

I have no idea what this thread supposed to be, so I am just going with the flow until it is locked.

10 minutes ago, KeshS said:

A lot of memes retrofit so it would be acceptable in places where slurs are forbidden. Even "Maxwell Memes" had some memes posted were the original had a slur.

Those are bad too, yeah.

For the rest of the comment, I very much have an issue with the Tencent meme specifically, because of the very obvious undertones (can you even call them undertones?) that the choice of meme gives off when used in the context of Tencent. And I did state some facts about the people involved, yes, again you can find this stuff very easily by simply googling the names. It's pushing an agenda in the same way that saying killer bees can damage you is pushing an agenda.

2 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

For the rest of the comment, I very much have an issue with the Tencent meme specifically, because of the very obvious undertones (can you even call them undertones?)

Why can't a user like "4 Da Lols" simply state he simply doesn't like Tencent? It's his opinion anyway. People also gave valid reasons why they don't trust Tencent. I am not 100% sure if you just don't like the Tencent meme, the original image the meme was used, or a combination of both.

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Those are bad too, yeah.

For the rest of the comment, I very much have an issue with the Tencent meme specifically, because of the very obvious undertones (can you even call them undertones?) that the choice of meme gives off when used in the context of Tencent. And I did state some facts about the people involved, yes, again you can find this stuff very easily by simply googling the names. It's pushing an agenda in the same way that saying killer bees can damage you is pushing an agenda.

I am genuinely lost on what the undertones are here and what the implications are. Can you provide some context? 

Just now, Lbphero said:

they can, just without the meme with the dude that said, uh, the things he said.

Just because of it's backstory it is bad? So that means you think this image below is deemed bannable, even though it does not have a single word? (Yes, their were a ton of memes on that)

EAlXMk7XkAA57L6.jpg

5 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I am genuinely lost on what the undertones are here and what the implications are. Can you provide some context? 

On a videogame forum probably not. But it really is as simple as googling "alex jones bad things" and clicking any of the results to find out what's wrong with the guy, and why using a meme of him in this context gives off the worst possible vibes.

12 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

On a videogame forum probably not. But it really is as simple as googling "alex jones bad things" and clicking any of the results to find out what's wrong with the guy, and why using a meme of him in this context gives off the worst possible vibes.

I did and got a bunch of corporate media articles about his top X most crazy conspiracy theories and pushing dubious health supplements. 

Just say what you mean instead of vague claims. What is the "worst possible vibes"? I don't think Alex Jones is racist. I think he is fearful of the Chinese government which so are a lot of people in this thread. 

Edit: The use of Alex Jones for the meme is actually perfect. This thread is what most online conspiracy posts are. Some person putting together whatever evidence they think they have of some wrong doing. OP is literally putting forth a theory that Newhome publisher is conspiring to fake contest results. 

20 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Snip

20 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

simple as googling "alex jones bad things"

It is simple confirmation bias. Even googling Alex Jones will deem bad results on him. Apparently trusting what the google search gives out is a norm. Questioning the big corporates decisions isn't something they will ever do.

8 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Apparently trusting what the google search gives out is a norm. Questioning the big corporates decisions isn't something they will ever do.

A big corporate news publisher publishing something doesn't make it automatically untrue. I've been involuntarily exposed to Alex Jones content for years now and I'm simply saying that doing a quick google search of "alex jones bad things" is the easiest way to get a summary of them, because a corporate news publisher making that summary of real things Alex Jones has said doesn't make them retroactively not things he's said. But you can search the same thing on duckduckgo or something instead if you'd rather not trust google.

Archived