2021 - What do you first want to have in the DLC ?

Bouuum Boom Crackcrack Fizzzz ! image.thumb.png.2c61d9d038b6f269fbb6af7d21dd67df.png

Once the next year is here and we sometime get some new game content in 2021...

What would you like to see first arrive in the DLC or what nerves you currently with the game/dlc ?:confused::confused::confused:

Wishing you all a nice Xmas and a Happy New Year :excitement::cheerful::excitement:

I am waiting for oil and hydrogen rockets with old modules. 

Also big maps (actually this one is number one for me). I mean at least one big map planetoid not necessary starting one.

Meteors on some planets (not on a starting planet though), fulleren and iso-resin. Sustainable ore production (from meteors?)

I would be waiting for big space habitat modules but I have already broke the walls and made big habitats. I hope they will not fix it as a bug but make it as a nice feature or will provide much bigger habitat modules.

Interplanetary package sender\receiver are to be completed or/and rocket full automation  to be introduced (something to do with life support in the habitat modules - either special space modules and automatic filling in or special robopilot modules without pilots for known routes).

Nuclear research (I wonder what kind of research it will be and how it will add players in their play).

In terms of bug fixing:

Surprisingly, there are no major bugs left. Klei fixed many and nothing bothers me at this point.

Arrrgh, mask station. This one was completely messed up and I stopped using it after the first try and hence, I forgot about it.

Nice to be implemented:

Morph for slugs (to consume refined metal and produce more electricity or electricity to ore conversion)

Special life support modules or buildings for space habitats

I would not nerf anything in the base game but will make game much harder on the hardest settings (like dups die - or suffer a lot - of diseases but only at the maxed out settings). The normal settings are well balanced in my view.

I do support (of course) my proposal of rebalancing oil / sour gas mechanics.

Happy New Year!

Maybe meteors that you can travel to that contain resources. They appear randomly from the edge of the star map and travel maybe 1 tile every 2 to 4 cycles until they disappear off the map. You can use telescope / scanner to determine the composition and launch a rocket to collect resources. This adds risk if you don't leave in time the dupes will forever be lost in space... 

I also think late game research paths should be unlocked by travelling to gravitas ruins on distant planets to unlock their secrets... Such as nuclear research, teleportation research etc.. Maybe even some sort of combat research and the addition of some aggressive creatures that only trained dupes can kill. 

I already made 2 whishlist threads of what i`d like to see in the dlc. But when talking about what i`d like to see first i think it would be finished asteroids. Currently it`s pretty obvious we don`t have the top done - the regolith biome is missing. The outer ring doesn`t seem done either. The asteroids are pretty basic without any specific resources except niobium. I hope we get the other rare resources on those outer asteroids and maybe another even further housing a gassy moo population.

Endgame goals: currently, the game is fun for 100-200 turns. I was done with the game right after I added the solar panels to the main power grid. There is no reason to explore the space other than curiosity. 

If KLEI fixes the game, we can play any colony for thousands of turns (forever). 

They can partially fix it by introducing some goals and new threats. When there is no threat, the game is boring; after the early game, the colony is sustainable. One example to fix the problem, as I mentioned before, is to introduce an alien race. They are the threat, and one goal can be to save the captured dupes from their planetoids. See, now you can play the game for 10000 turns and your achievement can be saving more dupes.

7 minutes ago, Thilo87 said:

I will not buy the DLC until popular mods are implemented. You know, sweep by type, blueprints, bigger zoom-out etc. The game is no fun without them.

what stops you to download the mods when it is allowed in the DLC? This will definitely happen but it is not very likely Klei will implement all plus some mods you mentioned.

9 minutes ago, KonfigSys said:

what stops you to download the mods when it is allowed in the DLC? This will definitely happen but it is not very likely Klei will implement all plus some mods you mentioned.

mods not belong to klei, this will be mod makers decision if they start support DLC or not

Well, it depends how it can be understood

"I will not buy the DLC until popular mods are implemented. "

if it is until mod makers implement the mods - then I misunderstood. I do not think it will be too long till the mods get written by; clearly it depends entirely on mod makers. 

If it is until Klei implements the mods - to that my feedback was related to. Rereading the Thilo sentence, I realized that I am probably incorrect.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:20 AM, Sasza22 said:

I already made 2 whishlist threads of what i`d like to see in the dlc. But when talking about what i`d like to see first i think it would be finished asteroids. Currently it`s pretty obvious we don`t have the top done - the regolith biome is missing. The outer ring doesn`t seem done either. The asteroids are pretty basic without any specific resources except niobium. I hope we get the other rare resources on those outer asteroids and maybe another even further housing a gassy moo population.

I wonder how they'll deal with gassy moos? I mean they never reproduced in the base game so if they were on some space rock out there wouldn't they just die off shortly after you discover them? They'll need to sort that out somehow before putting them back in. Possibly a gravitas structure that spawns them when certain conditions are met? It'd be blasphemy if they just allow them to reproduce like every other critter.

4 hours ago, Slavon Blue said:

I wonder how they'll deal with gassy moos? I mean they never reproduced in the base game so if they were on some space rock out there wouldn't they just die off shortly after you discover them? They'll need to sort that out somehow before putting them back in. Possibly a gravitas structure that spawns them when certain conditions are met? It'd be blasphemy if they just allow them to reproduce like every other critter.

Well the current way of increasing your population of gassy moos is to launch more space missions. Where do you think those gassy moos come from in the base game? They (presumably should be abstracted as) breeding up there in space, they just don't breed in captivity.

1 minute ago, Tsabo said:

Well the current way of increasing your population of gassy moos is to launch more space missions. Where do you think those gassy moos come from in the base game? They (presumably should be abstracted as) breeding up there in space, they just don't breed in captivity.

So what they only breed on the planet you find them on? That might not be enough of a pain...

12 hours ago, Slavon Blue said:

I wonder how they'll deal with gassy moos?

There are a few ways they could do it. Simpliest would be a cave that spawns them. But that`s boring. They could have a special reproduction condition similar to the doydoy in Shipwrecked. Imagine having to find 2 of them on different asteroids and bring them together to reproduce them. They could also make them randomly spawn in space or on orbit around a distant asteroid and require a special module to catch them.

I am simple man with simple desires:

Basic QoL mods implemented in the game (POI deconstruction, Pliers, bigger Zoom Out and Blueprints as cherry on top)

I am also excited about great radioactive stuff KLEI is working on, but I am patient enough to wait for them few more months. But this broken lightbulb is driving me mad!

Happy New Year all!

I wish we could play with radioactivity sooner. And I'm more excited about radioactivity as a new environmental hazard and a way to mess up your colony by not being careful rather than a nuclear reactor stuff. Ideally, I would love to have a some kind of radioactive asteroid start, with lead suits being locked behind building the rocket and visiting other asteroid.

It would be also interesting to see some shifts in power generation balance. I love building solar power arrays, but they remove the need in other power sources and associated resource management/builds, and this is not right. I hope we would see some interesting way to prevent solar power from being trivial and universal solution for power problems without having to return to vanillas oppressive meteor bombardments.

More automation for rocketry.  Or more specifically, I don't want my pilot in the rocket until it is fully ready to launch.  Full/empty indicators on the cargo bay.  An input on the command module to call for the pilot and expel other dupes.  Right now, rocketry requires too much micromanagement.

And eventually, a set of asteroids that are truly sadistic to try and colonize.  So far, the game has pushed me to use a lot of mechanics that I'd never bothered with before.  Never had I ever ranched Pufts before.  Or made berry sludge.  But here we are.

* Much easier Terra start both on DLC and base game, it's way too difficult for a new player's first try

* Other asteroid biome and geyser layouts reworked as well as more new geysers for both base game and DLC, like a liquid oxygen geyser, liquid hydrogen geyser and liquid chlorine geyser

* ALL POI DECONSTRUCTABLE ALREADY!!! And some other QOL stuff like blueprints, planning buildings without resources and sweep materials by type

* Plug Slugs eating refined metals as well, since those are much more easily renewable later in the game

* More critter morphs of the new critters, I like the idea of a grub grub that can climb walls so you can grow plants like pincha peppers even quicker

* Rovers to be rechargeable, Sweepys not to be tied to a single dock and portable batteries, that would be so awesome! How else am I gonna use all the geothermal energy on an asteroid none lives on?

* Scafolding!!!!!!

On 12/26/2020 at 7:35 AM, evilcat19xx said:

Endgame goals: currently, the game is fun for 100-200 turns. I was done with the game right after I added the solar panels to the main power grid. There is no reason to explore the space other than curiosity. 

If KLEI fixes the game, we can play any colony for thousands of turns (forever). 

They can partially fix it by introducing some goals and new threats. When there is no threat, the game is boring; after the early game, the colony is sustainable. One example to fix the problem, as I mentioned before, is to introduce an alien race. They are the threat, and one goal can be to save the captured dupes from their planetoids. See, now you can play the game for 10000 turns and your achievement can be saving more dupes.

My sentiments as well.   I was hoping to find more reasons to play and stream it but    the dlc is fairly short.    Because of the no end game goal. 

The main game had a goal to reach the rift and travel through it. 

Here   you really don't need to go beyond the first asteroid.          

There used to be a reason to get oil but end of the day it's not needed. Besides plastic beds   but it's entirely possible to get  a glossy drecko  eventually.  But not needed. 

1 extra morale point for the bedroom isnt going to matter.     You don't really need oven food either.  Get a few farting dupes and you make some oven food now and then. 

I think adding a space station could be fun to build   and have a shuttle craft delivering supplies to the base could be interesting     or build your own rift end goal  that requires those rare resources from other asteroids.   Or some form of artifact collection  that requires research.   This can encourage exploration. 

14 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Here   you really don't need to go beyond the first asteroid.          

There used to be a reason to get oil but end of the day it's not needed. Besides plastic beds   but it's entirely possible to get  a glossy drecko  eventually.  But not needed. 

1 extra morale point for the bedroom isnt going to matter.     You don't really need oven food either.  Get a few farting dupes and you make some oven food now and then. 

I agree,

DLC is only a strong foundation for future development in this current stage, and unfortunately, there is not much additional content there.

The good news is that KLEI is capable of delivering a survival experience with end-game goals (Don't Starve is a great example). 

However, if we consider the speed they delivered the current update, I guess they at least need an additional 6 to 8 months for the DLC.

14 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I think adding a space station could be fun to build   and have a shuttle craft delivering supplies to the base could be interesting     or build your own rift end goal  that requires those rare resources from other asteroids.   Or some form of artifact collection  that requires research.   This can encourage exploration. 

True, that would be interesting if we have some missions to collect some artifacts. In order to find the planetoids with those artifacts, we need to build a space station first... 

Archived