2021 - What do you first want to have in the DLC ?

A real airlock, I'm tired of building liquid airlocks everywhere. It's not like it's a scifi thing, it would make perfect sense to have a building allowing dupplicants to go from one side to another while being decontaminated and with no exchange of gaz or heat. Would make everything so much cleaner

Some cosmetic and QoL mods built into the game. (Wallpaper, Blueprints, Wire cutters, Refined metal usable for metal ore buildings)

Some late game tech that takes extraordinary amount of power. (Like a rocket with ion thrusters; that needs to be charged using the grid but stupid amounts of electricity, I'm talking at least a cycle on full 50k consumption.) Since we are getting nuclear; but it would be nice to need the electricity.

I like the space station idea thrown around.

I would like some artifacts strewn around in the asteroids; along with special buildings that provide things that can only be built using them. Artifacts not just for displays please.

Rocket modules having electricity, o2 and h2o internal storage; and exposable through piping and wiring in the interior space. Also an exhaust pipe. And some more space in the modules; right now it's too tiny.

That being said; i rather they roll out the nuclear stuff first so that they can iterate on it as the dlc is developed.

17 hours ago, Dubiday said:

A real airlock, I'm tired of building liquid airlocks everywhere. It's not like it's a scifi thing, it would make perfect sense to have a building allowing dupplicants to go from one side to another while being decontaminated and with no exchange of gaz or heat. Would make everything so much cleaner

I would like if you could build size 1 doors and also if you could build doors that are just a frame with gel inside, dupes would just pass through it without leaking any gases(something like walking through a jelly :C).

10 hours ago, iConflict said:

I would like if you could build size 1 doors and also if you could build doors that are just a frame with gel inside, dupes would just pass through it without leaking any gases(something like walking through a jelly :C).

Basically visco gel but as a building. This would allow to put the gel horizontally and prevent random spilled liquids from breaking the lock.

On 1/2/2021 at 12:58 AM, Sasza22 said:

Basically visco gel but as a building. This would allow to put the gel horizontally and prevent random spilled liquids from breaking the lock.

Agreed. I don't think anyone disagrees that visco-gel is for liquid locks - because it's certainly not for anything else - but the torture of piping / bottle emptying you have to do to get it into the right place (A) makes it feel like exploit-y trickplay, and (B) because it's identical to the way you'd make other liquid locks it thereby makes visco-gel itself kinda pointless, which in turn retroactively makes you (C) wonder if visco-gel really is for liquid locks?

I don't even care about the horizontality, I just want a building that uses visco-gel as a material so I don't feel like I'm exploiting. Hell, if Klei are true sadists for wanting to force us to pipe visco-gel all over the place, make it so the doors actually use up some very small amount of gel each use (and I do mean small, like, 1g; I ain't going to space for a door I can only use 5 times), so the infrastructure has to be maintained.

1. Better automation, esp for rockets
    1. Hexadecimal readers/writers/displays.  An ALU (Add/minus/bithsift) and better inputs/outputs for a range of components
      1. Maybe an LRU too, I'd like logical and/or for some complex scenarios. More on that way below.
  2. Rocket habitats
    1. Less maintenance of the internals of a rocket like o2/co2 management.  I'd like a general purpose life support module that auto pumps in/out breathable gasses.  Same goes for heat.  I had to deconstruct the nose cone once it got too hot inside.
    2. While the rocket is flying it should generate small amount of power available in the habitat module and/or have batteries "built-in".
    3. While on the ground you should be able to plug it into the grid for the internals to stay charged (this can remove the need for dupe bicycle).
  3. Space travelling
    1. It's annoying that dupes need to use the bathroom in space.  Pee out the door.  Or have a "space suit" that fills with pee and needs emptying when landing.
    2. Have a dehydrater for food that adds a morale penalty to any food but removes / lowers the spoilage per cycle.
    3. The trailbalzer should allow having some food included.
  4. More challenges
    1. Sickness
      1. If a dupe is constantly sick maybe the debuffs should stack?  Medicine is pretty useless atm.
    2. Critters
      1. I'd like to see some aggressive critters that will attack/infest your dupes
    3. Plant eaters
      1. I'd like if the saturn plant ate unsuspecting dupes too!  Maybe they'd suffocate inside until rescued?
  5. I love the symbiotic critters/plants.  I'd like more of that.
  6. I'd like the ability to construct some of the teleporters.  Or better ability to ship food from planet to planet.

What I don't like:

1. I find it hard that dupes on new colonies need to do everything again.  I'd like to send a team to set everything up / automate everything and then leave, with maybe one dupe stranded left to keep the lights up
    1. To do this, the dupe still needs to do a lot of manual things like farming/ranching/cooking/emptying.  Have the auto sweeper do more of this, or a robot dupe that only uses power instead of food might help

More on the automation:

I'd like a Hex reader /writer from the automation ribbon and if you plugged that into the rocket platform, a different hex code can indicate the different status. (0x1 = fueled, 0x2 = all cargo unloaded 0x3 = all cargo loaded, etc.). 

Also support for hex like a display that can display the ribbon value in hex and/or decimal.  Better indicators of what automation values work with what (today I found out the ribbon works with AND gates), so maybe some additional automation components like an LRU (add/subtract/ bit shift a ribbon code)  

On the launch input of the rocket, I'd like the ability to request a dupe / launch.  Currently the launch input is useless since the dupe is already on board.

To actually answer the OP question:

Saturn_diagram_svg.thumb.png.0780d8bcd0ebcf57959f05bbdb303a56.png

I want the C-R-A-Z-E-E environments you actually get with space missions to gas giants. Oceans of vapourising liquid helium lapping at solid hydrogen shores beneath 100,000kg/m3 infinite-storage-tier pressure atmospheres, bombarded by methane asteroids from above. Mine down to the core for a giant diamond, maybe! Build tiles out of anything but steel and watch them immediately pressure-crumble!

Lakes_on_Titan.thumb.jpg.f4c79b652da4f1bbd50c358c6715e3c9.jpg

Stroll across frozen ethanol ice fields to take a dip in a petroleum lake on Titanoid worlds, or mine down underground for an unmodded 100K challenge to try and get liquid water somewhere!

Mercury_Colony.thumb.jpg.952e9ecf8f1835a3a15f2cdee37be1e9.jpg

Not a fan of the cold? Well, go to a sungrazing planet! Molten salt in your cooling loops! Don't use granite to build tiles, it'll melt! Sour gas boiler? You mean sour gas cooler, right?

Basically I want asteroids with very non-standard tile resources / temperature profiles.

One or two of the asteroid should be HUGE like the 3rd or 4th ones.to be able to make immense bases after you got the firsts littles maps covered and tamed.

ALL POI's DESCTRUCTIBLE <<== that

Light and Darkness in base modifiable. that we have to use lights but while still clear enough to see what we are doing

Time dilatation effect. being able to switch time speed on the one you currently dig while the others remains at normal speed. or the reverse while you dig the second asteroid the other one goes super speed...maybe depending on which planet you are... that would be a nice difficulty addition.(pause time on the asteroid you dont look at).OR next point below

Cryogenics Freeze some dupes then go work somewhere else. throw them in the fridge for hundreds of cycles waking up with a timer or with a geyser/vent that heats a biome.

Gravity uses (liquid catching wheel) density of the liquid could play a role in how much the wheel turns

Teleportation Buildable and destroyable stations to teleport on another world or on the same planet to have a higher tech than the transport tubes.

ALL from the 2 games crammed in one. such thing as balance can be work on later. i would like to have access to all of the new stuff AND the old like space missions and such why not being able to transport dupes or robots to some asteroid (like in the dlc) AND being able to send unmanned rare materials missions at the same time.

Sickness and Medicine adjustment even at the worse difficulty germs and medicine are far too easy to be care about.

Playable asteroids with Gaz atmosphere and life on surface wouldn't it be cool to be able to plant a big farm under the sun with different gazs atmospheres. Wild Critters and plants on surface. Cool on some planet (why not with rain sometimes)....some ideal for life, some Volcanic with or without magma/metal meteors some very cold with or without ice/metal meteors

Dupes reproduction and ''childcare mechanic's . Well  we have males and females duplicants but there is no use for it. We have to pick from the pods already adults dupes.I imagine we could ''teach'' the children's then with their interests and time they become a new generation and the parents dies. We could also receive some dupes in rockets by batch and one by one with the pod. These ideas open the doors wide for modding and techs. Imagine specials techs that would take multiples generations to be able to apply. This is right here the kind of late-end game stuff that would be awesome i think. Everything breed in this game except our colonists.

Tribes of Non human dupes they could breath something else than oxygen, live underwater or in differents temperatures...ect. while the food system is quite complete they could add some food toxic for the human dupes and vice-versa. when you defrost a dupe on another asteroid it could be grey,or green skin....hostile to our dupes but still being able to build a colony of them. feed them dupes or vice-versa.

Tinkering robots automated being that can do simple tasks like stocking, toggling, mopping, digging, maybe cooking or building small items like pumps pies and wires in very hostile environments. While we are at it they could recharge from the sun or by a dock like the sweepy.  .In fact a grey dumb dupe who dont have to sleep or pee. why not overheating with stress lol.

Space vessels landings with hostiles or not dupes or else onboard

Thermal effects on decompression and compression of gazes or liquids

Why not a robot miner who can move on a rail. More automation in general there is not a huge possibility of uses of the 4 signals wire at the moment

Plants hybrids

Harders combats and combats suits adding some critters that should be left alone in the firsts cycles. Because that would take more than 2 second with one gun to down it and they defend themselves

I dont think we will see a good parts of this list coming with the finish game but modders could help a lot.

I see myself enjoying this game even more in a few years if some of these mechanics are introduced 

Good game people ! 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Sasza22 said:

I am so tired of creating water traps, massive thumbs up on this one. Please make it relatively easy to get to as well. It's soooo important to be able to isolate gasses in rooms.

The thing about the lack of airlocks that always got me is that the two solid doors are both called "airlocks" but aren't. The door material is simply solid. And they are always metal and conduct heat like crazy (which we found uses for but ...). Real doors can insulate when closed. (Cue my grandmother shouting "Close the door! I don't want to heat the outside!). ONI gives us no choice. Abuela seal of disapproval. :|

I want better doors. We don't always use doors as doors (esp. automated ones) and for what we would want as a simple "door" we only have screen doors which no longer suit the added tile types over time.

Screen Door (Pneumatic existing) allows gas, light and liquid. Starter door and unpowered, automated.

Glass Door - allows light and decor (like window tile) unpowered, automated.

Airflow door - allows gas only (like airflow tile) - not light, not liquid, unpowered, automated.

Mesh door - allows liquid & gas (like mesh tile) - not light, unpowered, automated locking.

Manual Solid Doors (existing) - call "door" and allow more materials, all basic wall/floor tiles. They are slow. Allow automation* - for locking purposes only not speed of use. These are slow.

Powered Solid Doors (existing) - call "door" and allow more materials, all basic wall/floor tiles. These open faster. Automated open/close.

Plastic Door - maybe, like a solid manual but much better decor.

Insulated Powered Doors - allow insulated tile materials on powered doors (lets assume they are heavy enough to need power). These open faster. Automated open/close.

Unlock doors in same research block as their wall/floor tile. Pneumatic takes 100 units to build as now, all Manual/Unpowered doors take 200 units and allow automated locking. All Powered Doors take 400 units and automation allows open/close.

Optional, as mentioned before have a horizontal option which is a one tile "hatch" used for vertical movement only.

Oh the things we cold do!

... and doors would be doors or at least named by what they do and consistent with wall/floor tiles! And airlocks could be added which would be ... airlocks!

* It makes no sense to have just one type of door not usable with automation. Let the penalty be open/close speed. Power makes it faster, and costs more materials.

1 hour ago, Hechicera said:

The thing about the lack of airlocks that always got me is that the two solid doors are both called "airlocks" but aren't.

A better name would be airtight doors or just airlock doors.

1 hour ago, Hechicera said:

Real doors can insulate when closed.

The option to have insulated doors is definitely missing. It`s one of the most demanded features.

I am personally more concern about endgame contents. Therefore my wishlist would be:

1. Insulated conveyer rails. C'mon. I know I could build a whole vacuum passage, but loading and unloading is such a hassle. 
2. If electric and automation wire has 2 tiers, why not for gas/liquid/solid? Especially now we need to move stuff between asteroids. 

3. More high end food recipes, Grade 7, 8 ,9 would be nice, considering burger is 6, maybe a 3-course meal? Mealwood soup + burger + Juice/coffee where the juicer and expresso machine produce actual items? Sucrose should make better desserts. YUM

4. More pathways for dirt production, a renewable rust/ore source. 

5. More elements and compounds! Sulfuric acid would be nice, making pathways for iron sulfate then rust, maybe? 

6. Wind energy! if enough volume of gas pass through the tile in one second. Same goes for hydro. 

Well that's sort of of my head right now. 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:35 PM, Hechicera said:

Screen Door (Pneumatic existing) allows gas, light and liquid. Starter door and unpowered, automated.

Glass Door - allows light and decor (like window tile) unpowered, automated.

This isn't a bad idea. The same goes for other materials. For example plastic doors would make good insulated doors.

I don't like the idea of steel insulated doors (high temp), but low temp plastic doors (that melt at 160C something) I'm ok with.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:35 PM, Hechicera said:

Airflow door - allows gas only (like airflow tile) - not light, not liquid, unpowered, automated.

Mesh door - allows liquid & gas (like mesh tile) - not light, unpowered, automated locking.

I don't like magical filter doors, but these are somehow akin to tiles, so they are ok.

Definitely no to magical airlocks. No magical "energy" barriers that when open allow solid (dups) thru but not gasses.

I don't like mechanical airlocks devices (that pump gasses away), for a completely different reason: we are supposed to build stuff ourselves, not use prebuilt devices. 

Oooo I've Always wanted critters that are a threat to your base by their natural behavior. A Lava critter that's dangerous due to its natural meltyness, but can be tamed and used to melt certain resources into others. High risk/high reward. I've always found husbandry to be lacking. critters are mostly inherently passive to begin with. I mostly keep stuff wild and throw em in room so I don't have to feed em that much. I think cool new creatures that have neat uses would be nice. 

Hostile critters would be cool too. I miss grumpy hatches from the good ol days that would chomp you if you woke them up from their nap.

1. Rockets need to be resource positive. Right now they're a massive resource sink the value of which is limited to acquiring special resources from outer planets. Ideally there would be a way to generate basic resources from the Starmap directly, making even basic rockets worthwhile without needing to reach other asteroids & set up the extensive infrastructure to get back.
  2. The Oil biome on the second asteroid needs to be reworked. Oil should exist, but not in a highly renewable form (aka no Reservoirs. Slicksters are probably okay). This would make Rockets, not Petrol Boilers the natural late game. This would also naturally make sustainability possible with the first two asteroids, but long term industry requiring space infrastructure.
  3. Jesus christ Plug Slugs need a rework. They're barely worth the effort to collect instead of exterminating. Right now they're almost purely a noob trap of the worst kind
  4. It would be nice to have Sulphur & NatGas better integrated as a resource cycle pre-Petrol Boiling. It feels clunky to have the only renewable source of Sulphur in sizeable amounts to be a dedicated Geyser.

Only thing I miss right now is a mod, that I would love for it to be implemented officially.
Being the wallpaper mod, once I started using it I just can't be without it.

Being able to hide wires and pipes, as well as spiff up the base with some color was so nice.

Sadly the creator of the mod hasn't updated it since 2019 so its either if Klei could implement this themselves, or wait for someone to make the mod again (or for the original creator of it to update it lul), or... I guess learn to do it myself but I am terrible at writing code from scratch lul.

Oh, I also want the Oassisse map asap, was most fun to play on, where the asteroid you can teleport to could be either an extremely cold map or an extremely hot map with geysers depending on wether hot or cold so that they would help only if you plan correctly.

If they went with the extremely cold asteroid then there would be no hot vents or geysers, only cold ones like the carbon dioxide and slush geysers (both would freeze if left without properly dealing with them) and while I'm fairly certain this will never happen, a Hydrogen Geyser (as in, it spews out liquid hydrogen) would be cool, would be exclusive to this particular asteroid.
Where as on the hot asteroid it would only have the super hot vents/geysers like various volcanoes, oil fissure and hydrogen.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:30 AM, JaxckLl said:
  1. ...
  2. The Oil biome on the second asteroid needs to be reworked. Oil should exist, but not in a highly renewable form (aka no Reservoirs. Slicksters are probably okay). This would make Rockets, not Petrol Boilers the natural late game. This would also naturally make sustainability possible with the first two asteroids, but long term industry requiring space infrastructure.

I like to find asteroids full of one specific ( renewable ) resource. As industrial player I love to discover lots of "Oil fields". :rolleyes:

I`m an oil man, I do my own drilling image.thumb.png.f3bb844b9d8a36d546affab908685f0d.png

How They Created the Naturalistic Look of 'There Will Be Blood' (1/2) | Cinematography

Still no Gold and Silver mines in the game :confused: ...Uranium first ! :cheerful: Wishing everyone good health :cheerful:

On 12/31/2020 at 7:47 AM, silverbluep said:

Some cosmetic and QoL mods built into the game. (Wallpaper, Blueprints, Wire cutters, Refined metal usable for metal ore buildings)

Some late game tech that takes extraordinary amount of power. (Like a rocket with ion thrusters; that needs to be charged using the grid but stupid amounts of electricity, I'm talking at least a cycle on full 50k consumption.) Since we are getting nuclear; but it would be nice to need the electricity.

I like the space station idea thrown around.

I would like some artifacts strewn around in the asteroids; along with special buildings that provide things that can only be built using them. Artifacts not just for displays please.

Rocket modules having electricity, o2 and h2o internal storage; and exposable through piping and wiring in the interior space. Also an exhaust pipe. And some more space in the modules; right now it's too tiny.

That being said; i rather they roll out the nuclear stuff first so that they can iterate on it as the dlc is developed.

Most of this is available via mods (which will hopefully get updateded for the new DLC), but yeah.  A lot of this should be part of the base game.  The pliers tool and making the interior of the rockets the full size they show would be fantastic.  Also being able to vent CO2 or polluted water into space would be kinda nice.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:10 AM, Dubiday said:

Same as above, there is a mod for a "real" airlock that requires power and is 3 tiles long by 2 high, but this really should be part of the game.  Even the mod requires a couple levels deep into the research tree before you can use it.  Thankfully it has been updated to work with the DLC (as of 21 Jan 2021, anyway).
Link here:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2094698134

Agreed that I tend to lose interest after about 200 turns.  
Develop a few more “scenarios” instead of the straight sandbox styles.  How about super moral mode, whereby x number of duplicants need top morale for 20 turns straight? Or invasion (siege) or catastrophic failure (earthquake) hits, can you survive? Or landing meteor is unstable and getting worse, how many of your dups can you get moved to the next meteor, and maybe the next one after that when it happens again.  

I love when you need to build/collect more and more to get more complex.  Like surf and turf, need more items that require parts from here, some from there to combine.  Have better suits with glass and reed fibers, copper and lead, and add plumbing to them.  Don’t need to invent new items, but have an upgrade for several of them.  Need research for advanced filters to upgrade coal fired power to reduce pollution by 20%, needs sand and clay and meal lice with copper wire to make.

Later research should require more than a smart scientist.  Have the last farm research (currently not really one...) need a top farmer and top scientist.  Have an engineer and a scientist at a workstation to develop solar power.  Require the inputs to be more than soil and water, maybe for the solar you need 10 glass and 10 bright bugs, plus 3 smart batteries on full charge for the research time.  Have a husbandry research that improves their care or their efficiency or something, but takes a few generations (of the animal) to change it...in a lab...by the way I love the sweetle/grubfruit implications, have a few more like that.  

Recreation-2 player chess game that other dups watch, how about musicians, could use a fiddler or a violinist with some good wood and wire, or a harpist.  What about a bookshelf of books, written by the dups of course, with a comfy chair and reading light that needs to be in a quiet space? Or does a puzzle of a collage of the animals.

for the vegetarians, a mixed salad of bristle berries, mushrooms, and grubfruit that goes bad the next day, even if refrigerated, but makes them really happy.  Maybe that recipe is last learned by the chef at the workstation after burning through 40 of each ingredient to perfect the recipe.  Have the juicer make smoothies!

Have fall damage that needs hospitalization.  Instead of just shaking off the water spill, have duplicants slip and fall in it and need to be hospitalized.  Have a chance to slip on ice, and then a boot upgrade/research.  Have if a duplicant gets food poisoning and while sick gets it again they need penicillin. I agree that I was initially afraid to put it on survival cause I thought my duplicants would get sick and die right away, but I pretty much ignore medical on survival and nothing much seems to ever happen (unless I sacrifice them in repeated heat zones).  Have duplicants stress go up in loud environments, example too much machinery.

Really love this game, can be proven by the number of hours steam has recorded and my kids make comment on...keep on it!

Archived