Spaced Out! Enters Early Access!

40 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

That's just bad process flow and data analysis. Trimming modded bug reports should be automatic. Their poorly designed bug report system isn't my fault, and crippling my copy of the game to save on their bottom line is cheap and lazy and backwards.

Well, now I can go on vacation. I found myself a successor on this forum. Haha)

But seriously:

Sorry, but this is early access. This is where your consumer power is over) it's another matter that we were sold a city plan instead of the promised city, but that's another story.)

2 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Mods should not be disabled on the non-DLC version of the game. If you're having trouble with this, would you mind starting a thread in the Bug Reports and I can work through the issue with you over there?

It's a base game feature that's been disabled in the DLC. If this were for functionality or feature compatibility it might be justifiable, but you've done it to save on workflow! My game that I paid for shouldn't be crippled just because you can't sort through your bug reports.

9 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Mods should not be disabled on the non-DLC version of the game. If you're having trouble with this, would you mind starting a thread in the Bug Reports and I can work through the issue with you over there?

Battle Reports Time :lol:

always-win-novate1.jpg

13 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

It's a base game feature that's been disabled in the DLC. If this were for functionality or feature compatibility it might be justifiable, but you've done it to save on workflow! My game that I paid for shouldn't be crippled just because you can't sort through your bug reports.

you bought early access. This is a flaw by default. You can turn it on, play it, report bugs and return to the main game again. You bought a deliberately unfinished product about which you were warned. Even I do not understand the essence of your claims although I am here in general opposition to the whole forum :pirate:

2 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Turn mods back on. Your game is unplayable without the UI improvements of mods. I didn't buy your game to volunteer as a beta tester. 

Turn mods back on.

Actually, you did. That's what early access is.

10 minutes ago, natanstarke said:

Theres a change grugrubs now excrete mud

except there is only one on the map.  So you have to find it.  Then you have to farm it to make more.  Which means none are wild.  Which means if you run out of sulfur, they are dead.

4 minutes ago, chemie said:

except there is only one on the map.  So you have to find it.  Then you have to farm it to make more.  Which means none are wild.  Which means if you run out of sulfur, they are dead.

easier to get pips. But pay attention to how useful the Pacu have become. They eat seeds that accumulate in excess for the mid game. Now the pacu farm is very useful - destroying unnecessary resources and getting Polluted Dirt.

@Ipsquiggle I think you need to add clear message that DLC is not a base game and can be easily disabled or you will get more and more people who can't read release notes and will complain like @n_t_p
Maybe two big buttons on start screen:

• Base game
  • Spaced Out (Early Access)

Good luck with development challenges! :D

2 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

@Ipsquiggle I think you need to add clear message that DLC is not a base game and can be easily disabled or you will get more and more people who can't read release notes and will complain like @n_t_p
Maybe two buttons

• Base game

super idea

4 hours ago, adigyran said:

Is it normal that i still can't choose starting asteroid?

Yes. They basically moved the alpha over. But now that they know the base of the DLC is sound, they will start adding the other content. Judging from the base game that will take a year or two, but it may give you a different experience several times.

2 hours ago, aresd said:

I'm just going to play Vanilla. Complete disappointment to show what was already in Alpha and obviously not playable. Why was it necessary to release it?

It seems to me that it was cheaper to just tell everyone that you all ran out of time to finish than to show this misunderstanding. I'm sorry if I sound rude again.

I think the issue is that you do not really understand this "early access" thing. Expect unrealistic things, be disappointed when reality visits. No, this is not an attack. I just think you put yourself through an emotional wringer without any need. Relax a bit, play something else and keep an eye on how things are moving with the DLC. Then, when you find you are interested again, jump back in.

That said, it was pretty clear this would be the alpha. It was also pretty clear that it will take a year or two for all features to be in there. Just look at the progress of the base game. This is the model Klei uses for ONI and it does work really well regarding the final product. I would go so far to say that without this very long early access phase, they could never have gotten the base game to where it is now. Writing complex software is very hard. Doing it with both real-time requirements and needing to keep the game fun to use is a lot harder.  

38 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Yes. They basically moved the alpha over. But now that they know the base of the DLC is sound, they will start adding the other content. Judging from the base game that will take a year or two, but it may give you a different experience several times.

I think the issue is that you do not really understand this "early access" thing. Expect unrealistic things, be disappointed when reality visits. No, this is not an attack. I just think you put yourself through an emotional wringer without any need. Relax a bit, play something else and keep an eye on how things are moving with the DLC. Then, when you find you are interested again, jump back in.

That said, it was pretty clear this would be the alpha. It was also pretty clear that it will take a year or two for all features to be in there. Just look at the progress of the base game. This is the model Klei uses for ONI and it does work really well regarding the final product. I would go so far to say that without this very long early access phase, they could never have gotten the base game to where it is now. Writing complex software is very hard. Doing it with both real-time requirements and needing to keep the game fun to use is a lot harder.  

This was clear to those who have been sitting here from the beginning. Maybe. But not to those who came here a year before the release. I understand what Early Access is, which means you are buying from a nearly empty project to a nearly finished product. But. We were promised DLC before the end of the year. The result is a donut hole with lush fanfare. Nobody expected it to be a super-stable product, but nobody expected it to be the skeleton of what we were promised.
In the end, it looks like "putting on a good face on a bad game." It's like our government, which has promised to raise wages by the end of the year. Then, at the end of the year, they raise yourself salaries and fly to Courchevel for vacations. There seemed to be great expectations, it seems that in fact no one would be deceived, but the residue remained. Haha. The adhesives could not fulfill their promise and in this way decided to get out, although they could directly say that they did not cope and I would not say a single accusatory word in their direction (I think no one on this forum would have done this). It's hard for everyone this year, everyone understands and accepts the situation very well. But fiddling and twisting, looking for loopholes is not very beautiful and their sides.
Nevertheless, despite all my criticism of them, I still bought their DLC, although I will not play it much. Either way, they deserve to make some money and have a good rest on this vacation 

Well I'm super stoked for this. I put dozens of hours into the alpha and while its clear it isn't finished yet, I think there's plenty of entertainment still to be had. I'm exploring the asteroids, at cycle 150 I have colonies on three asteroids now. I wish I had used the little robot helper from the video though; he looks handy! 

I will be purchasing the early access and look forward to working with Klei as this develops.

If you're struggling with the idea of maintaining multiple colonies, just send one dupe to each new planetoid. Then he can stay busy without bugging you very often with idle notifications, maintain a little farm with local plants to just feed himself, and make progress toward sending oil, fiber, or whatever is missing from your starting base.

1 hour ago, aresd said:

In the end, it looks like "putting on a good face on a bad game."

Emphatically, no. All the information is available. Nobody with any clue about software engineering expected significantly more than the alpha for the release. Klei did not promise more. The realities of writing quality software are harsh and there is no known way around them.

Just bought the early access, thanks for getting this out their Klei! I've been playing through the alpha and it feels like almost an entire new game, which I'm really excited by!

Personally I have no issues with the early access status, I paid for it now because I know I'm getting a good deal (it'll be more expensive on final release) and I know I'm helping "pay the bills" so you guys can keep at it and produce an awesome new iteration of this game.

Looking forward to seeing what the late game looks like when you get to that part! 

8 hours ago, Rimmsi said:

So far it seems that it do not have anything more than what was in apha

You can even resume your base 

Ah, so the base game and the DLC are basically 2 different games. :blue:

Then I`ll play ONi when its all been melted and fused to one game and with the fresh new save file system then.

Twice I got excited to play and save file the updated base game, twice I was disppointed.

Well, then I guess I have to wait half a year or so to play ONi - I don`t want to repeated start with incompatible save files.

6 hours ago, MarcinW said:

Maybe two big buttons on start screen:

• Base game

3 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Emphatically, no. All the information is available. Nobody with any clue about software engineering expected significantly more than the alpha for the release. Klei did not promise more. The realities of writing quality software are harsh and there is no known way around them.

Give a link with the fact that the developers promised us a skeleton from what they promised)

Archived