Spaced Out! Enters Early Access!

Just now, DarkMaster13 said:

Is this the same as the private alpha was before?  Any new features or maps?

all the same. I also did not understand the humor joke in this issue

As noted previously, the purpose of the Alpha was to fix show stopping issues and ensure a smooth launch into Early Access. So the content is the same, but we have addressed the major bugs that were reported during the Alpha. 

1 minute ago, JoeW said:

As noted previously, the purpose of the Alpha was to fix show stopping issues and ensure a smooth launch into Early Access. So the content is the same, but we have addressed the major bugs that were reported during the Alpha. 

This isn't alpha any more. I just bought the game. The game is advertised as moddable, and the DLC is not. Fix your UI or turn mods back on. I have no intent on helping with your playtesting and if I did I would disable mods and would have signed up to do so. 

17 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi, we're still trying to figure out a reliable solution for clearing the startup crash. It seems that some old files from the DLC are getting stuck in the install folder. Some things to try:

• Right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse local files .... go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets, then Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game through steam
  • Browse to the local files as above, uninstall the game, after uninstall finishes delete any files that are left over in the SteamApps/common/OxygenNotIncluded folder, and then reinstall.

Please be careful when deleting files on your hard drive, and let us know if any of these solutions fixes the problem for you so we can share the information!

Hi Ipsquiggle

I had the same issue as described by others (black hole after starting the game). For me was enough to remove the game from steam and install it again without any additional steps as you mentioned. After this it was possible to run the game without issues. 

Need to mention that I did it before purchase and installation of the DLC.  

18 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hi, we're still trying to figure out a reliable solution for clearing the startup crash. It seems that some old files from the DLC are getting stuck in the install folder. Some things to try:

• Right-click ONI -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse local files .... go into the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder and delete StreamingAssets, then Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Uninstall and reinstall the game through steam
  • Browse to the local files as above, uninstall the game, after uninstall finishes delete any files that are left over in the SteamApps/common/OxygenNotIncluded folder, and then reinstall.

Please be careful when deleting files on your hard drive, and let us know if any of these solutions fixes the problem for you so we can share the information!

Removing StreamingAssets and then verifying files, worked. Verifying without removing that folder didn't.

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I'm sorry, but now it's still the same cut and unplayable game. Why bother pulling it out of Alpha at all? Let it lie there until better times, until it provides at least more than 3 hours of pleasure from the game. Nobody wants to play rockets, everyone wants to play with substances, temperatures and pressures first. Rockets is not a replacement for the main part of the game but are a welcome addition. And you gave us a test of your missile system for our money. Yes, this is extraordinary. But you have completely deprived us of what we love the game for. We love building bases and playing chemistry first.

I might be wrong. I will accept sound criticism.

6 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

This isn't alpha any more. I just bought the game. The game is advertised as moddable, and the DLC is not. Fix your UI or turn mods back on. I have no intent on helping with your playtesting and if I did I would disable mods and would have signed up to do so. 

man the game its modable and the dlc aint out yet , so you were wrong on both things there. no one is making you buy the dlc so just play the base modable game jesus

3 minutes ago, aresd said:

Sorry, this is a complete failure in my opinion. Throw your slippers at me.

man , you need to chill , please take a brake from this forum

I sure hope the big rockets make a return in the dlc , any developer can confirm or deny this?

I'm impressed, there is like 40 people streaming ONI atm. Likely the most I have ever seen. One channel has 300+ viewers. Which while not sky-high, definitely implies real interest.

Make steam foil cards? some ONI (Steam)profile pictures would be great too see.

now almost 5-60 folks showcasing ONI, about half with DLC. The number of channels showing oni is pretty spectacular, almost 1.2k viewers.

7 minutes ago, aresd said:

I'm sorry, but now it's still the same cut and unplayable game. Why bother pulling it out of Alpha at all? Let it lie there until better times, until it provides at least more than 3 hours of pleasure from the game. Nobody wants to play rockets, everyone wants to play with substances, temperatures and pressures first. Rockets is not a replacement for the main part of the game but are a welcome addition. And you gave us a test of your missile system for our money. Yes, this is extraordinary. But you have completely deprived us of what we love the game for. We love building bases and playing chemistry first.

I might be wrong. I will accept sound criticism.

There is no criticism, we do not encourage anybody to sign up for Early Access if they don't want to. We have been doing Early Access since before it was publicly available because we firmly believe that Early Access has allowed us to work with players to make our games better upon release. If that is not something that's interesting to you, I strongly recommend waiting until the full release. 

On 12/8/2020 at 10:15 PM, Cristicdx said:

man , you need to chill , please take a brake from this forum

I am relaxed and calm. I just expressed my opinion that we were given a plan of the city and told to pretend it was a city. It is not in your power to push me anywhere and forbid me to express my opinion. This is not a forum for adherents of Klei, where you only need to praise them. Remain calm and pass by the message if you have nothing to say specifically.;)

12 minutes ago, aresd said:

I am relaxed and calm. I just expressed my opinion that we were given a plan of the city and told to pretend it was a city. It is not in your power to push me anywhere and forbid me to express my opinion. This is not a forum for adherents of Clay, where you only need to praise them. Remain calm and pass by the message if you have nothing to say specifically.;)

i just sugested that you take a break, since you seemed to be starting to spam your opinion around . witch i do not agree with btw . i personally like the concept, but i very much disliked the alpha since there was no end game / and the fact that they may have removed some stuff. but yes , you may do as you please while its within the rules

6 minutes ago, Cristicdx said:

i just sugested that you take a break, since you seemed to be starting to spam your opinion around . witch i do not agree with btw . i personally like the concept, but i very much disliked the alpha since there was no end game / and the fact that they may have removed some stuff

I like this concept too. But it shouldn't have been to the detriment of the main game.

No, I didn't spam, it should have been one message, but it turned out two)

54 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

Turn mods back on. Your game is unplayable without the UI improvements of mods. I didn't buy your game to volunteer as a beta tester. 

Turn mods back on.

Wrong. You opted in for an early access version. So in fact you DO volunteered as a beta tester. 

2 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Wrong. You opted in for an early access version. So in fact you DO volunteered as a beta tester. 

From heaven to earth))

43 minutes ago, aresd said:

all the same. I also did not understand the humor joke in this issue

38 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Thanks for the answers.  It lets me know when I might want to jump in.  Since I got my fill of the existing content during the alpha, I'll be waiting for more to be added to the game before I pick this up.  Especially more asteroid and starting options.

11 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

I opted into the DLC early access. Modding is a base game feature that has been disabled. Crippling your base game for the DLC development is so backwards!

2 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

I opted into the DLC early access. Modding is a base game feature that has been disabled. Crippling your base game for the DLC development is so backwards!

Modding is about expanding the functionality of the base game in the first place. Wait a while while the developers test the work of the main part of the game. Due to mods, incorrect bug reports may be sent, which will greatly complicate the task of finding errors.

This is all very exciting!!

I'm new to the game, just bought it a couple of weeks ago. At the moment I enjoy lingering in the late mid game, and experimenting with building more complex systems to solve various issues. Rocketry seems (to me, the way I currently play) like it can wait until I really need the advanced materials, meanwhile it is great to be able to access most regular materials using just a shovel :)

Until I need a different set of challenges, I will follow the DLC from the sidelines. But it does look like a lot of new fun!

I just wanted to post and say thank you to Klei for offering such a wonderfully diverse and open-ended game! The modding community deserves gratitude too, thanks to them I've already been able to create a few mods that help my particular play style.

1 minute ago, aresd said:

Modding is about expanding the functionality of the base game in the first place. Wait a while while the developers test the work of the main part of the game. Due to mods, incorrect bug reports may be sent, which will greatly complicate the task of finding errors.

That's just bad process flow and data analysis. Trimming modded bug reports should be automatic. Their poorly designed bug report system isn't my fault, and crippling my copy of the game to save on their bottom line is cheap and lazy and backwards.

• Developer
9 minutes ago, n_t_p said:

Mods should not be disabled on the non-DLC version of the game. If you're having trouble with this, would you mind starting a thread in the Bug Reports and I can work through the issue with you over there?

Archived