Spaced Out! Enters Early Access!

1 minute ago, aresd said:

Give a link with the fact that the developers promised us a skeleton from what they promised)

The very first post in this thread states it clearly, saying, among other things:

Future Plans (Not Ready Yet!)

Spaced Out is still in development. We've got a solid foundation with features listed above, and here's some planned systems and improvements that will be coming in the following months. You will not find these in Spaced Out just yet:

Radiation/Nuclear Systems: We've put lots of work into the underlying mechanics of this system already, although it’s still not quite at a point where we're ready to test and receive feedback on it. Radiation systems should become available for testing later in Early Access, once the existing features and systems are in good shape.

Late-Game Planetoids and Rocketry: There's still a lot of content to make for this DLC, and we feel it's important to focus on the early and mid game content first.

Rare Resources and Global Sustainability: We have plans for how we want to distribute geysers, resources, and other sustainable solutions in the late game, but are holding off on expanding on these ideas until we feel comfortable with the early and mid game content.

Mods: We currently have mods disabled to ensure that the feedback we're getting is specific to the content and balance that currently exists in the game and to reduce unrelated bug reports. As Spaced Out! becomes more stable and gets closer to final release, we'll turn mods back on.

The Steam page for the game also heavily states it's an early access game, unfinished, and with missing features. I mean, the very first thing you see in the page is a very noticeable warning saying:

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

And then further down:

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The game is coming into Early Access with the early and mid-game rocketry and multi-world mechanics in place. Over the course of Early Access we will be adding late game rocketry and multi-world mechanics, as well as a new radiation system and lots of UI improvements before launch.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The core rocketry and multi-world mechanics are in, and there is a new starting asteroid with critters and buildings to try out. Expect the game to be playable and enjoyable up to the mid-game. There are still many bugs to fix and balance improvements to make, as well as lots of content still to be added. It's a great time to give us feedback and help shape the future of ONI!”

So... yeah. You're getting exactly what was advertised. Not their fault you didn't bother to read any of the many warnings describing that an early access game is, well, missing features by definition.

1 minute ago, Tizzysawr said:

The very first post in this thread states it clearly, saying, among other things:

The Steam page for the game also heavily states it's an early access game, unfinished, and with missing features. I mean, the very first thing you see in the page is a very noticeable warning saying:

And then further down:

So... yeah. You're getting exactly what was advertised. Not their fault you didn't bother to read any of the many warnings describing that an early access game is, well, missing features by definition.

This has already been said when entering Alpha. When they realized that they were not in time with the promises they made in February and July

4 minutes ago, Tizzysawr said:

The Steam page for the game also heavily states it's an early access game...

Its currently 2 different games - The base game files will be 99% incompatible on full DLC launch ( base game update and fusion ).

Just now, aresd said:

This has already been said when entering Alpha. When they realized that they were not in time with the promises they made in February and July

And it was said again now, you just ignored it. Also, Alpha started like two weeks ago, so if you thought they would've fully developed a game in that time I've got a bridge to sell you.

3 minutes ago, Tizzysawr said:

And it was said again now, you just ignored it. Also, Alpha started like two weeks ago, so if you thought they would've fully developed a game in that time I've got a bridge to sell you.

I have not ignored. I did not understand why something that was in Alpha was pulled into early access if it was absolutely not intended for the game. Everything is incomplete, completely breaks the game. They pulled out their imperfection only in order to formally fulfill their promises.

1 hour ago, aresd said:

I have not ignored. I did not understand why something that was in Alpha was pulled into early access if it was absolutely not intended for the game. Everything is incomplete, completely breaks the game. They pulled out their imperfection only in order to formally fulfill their promises.

Yes, its basically "Lets make something completely different now" and "Then later merge it with the base game".

I could continue playing on my base game colony for half a year with the knowledge that the savefile will not work and is trashed on full DLC launch or I have the alternative to wait until the full DLC is released and merged with the base game content, then starting a fresh colony due to a new savefile system.

It is currently 2 different games.

So my wish to Klei is, please merge both games to one game in half a year - Then I can play the base game again and I can gladly purchase the DLC then. Oh this savefile disappointment, I could eat a table. :blue::blue::blue:

Please dont pull this of with DLC2, just update the base game then. - You probably will trash our colony saves again then, but just update the base game. I have the fear you could do the same again with further DLC`s

...And tell people "It is a standalone different game called DLC for now", dont keep your customers in the dark.

11 hours ago, aresd said:

I'm just going to play Vanilla. Complete disappointment to show what was already in Alpha and obviously not playable. Why was it necessary to release it?

It seems to me that it was cheaper to just tell everyone that you all ran out of time to finish than to show this misunderstanding. I'm sorry if I sound rude again.

My understanding was that the basegame gets dlc content, obviously that is sadly not the case...until something like Summer 2021.

I took the bitter pill and now understand that it will be a great basegame at something like the summer-winter 2021 and will wait and see what basegame content will be added back to the game ( in to the dlc ).

Once the dlc has all the basegame content, then I will buy the dlc.

This is the weirdest sentence I have ever written about a game.

So Klei`s world explained:

You buy the dlc and then you get someday dlc-basegamecontent-add-in-updates haha to get what you had before :black_eyed:

...meanwhile everyone plays savegame roulette and nobody knows which colony save will work until some next update.

Yes, it will be great game sometime at the end of 2021...For now I`m playing other games, I just do not want to start colonies over and over with missing basegame content and future trashed savefiles.

1 hour ago, Caesar Sushi said:

Plug slug sound similiar to plug sock(et)

Since every other name of critters/plants are also puns i'm assuming that's what they were going for

Spark slug is clearly the superior pun though.

6 hours ago, aresd said:

Give a link with the fact that the developers promised us a skeleton from what they promised)

In particular, refer to the section "Not Ready Yet".

6 hours ago, aresd said:

No, they did not. This is all as intended and as advertised. You read things into their statement that are not there.

I think the core issue is that a DLC normally expands a game, it normally does not replace a game.

Only Klei and time can tell what the base-game will look like. I for now assume that "Spaced Out" is the reworked core game foundation and anything else will be integrated in to "Spaced Out".

Reworking the base game via "Spaced Out" and offering smaller maps did make sense for players complaining about slow game speed.

18 hours ago, aresd said:

I am relaxed and calm. I just expressed my opinion that we were given a plan of the city and told to pretend it was a city. 

Yes, but your complaints are totally out of place. Early access is alpha. You sign up to fund game development, literally, that's the purpose of early access.

You asked for an incomplete city, you paid to be part of the development of it, and now you're complaining about it not being complete.

18 hours ago, aresd said:

I like this concept too. But it shouldn't have been to the detriment of the main game.

He has a point, no one besides Klei can currently imagine how the future base game will look like and play, except perhaps taking the new "dlc" as the new base game.

I`m a giant fan of this game - I was excited before "Spaced Out" Pre-Alpha Access and I was excited before "Spaced Out" Alpha Access.

Twice I was disappointed in the way that there is no addition to the base game and the "Space Out" game ( DLC ) is missing a lot of base game content and the DLC is most likely the new foundation of the game.

So DLC = Basegame in development.

People will ease up, and be less confused, if more base game content will be added to the "dlc" over the next few months, then I also would have a reason to play the game ( and buy the "dlc", the latest version of the game ).

I was ok with years of trashed savefiles on every past regular update, but currently having two different games with the outlook of future trashed save files...

8 hours ago, babba said:

Once the dlc has all the basegame content, then I will buy the dlc.

This is the weirdest sentence I have ever written about a game.

You do understand there's no DLC available yet, right? You cannot buy the DLC today.

Yes, that might be the weirdest sentence you've written about buying anything actually. "I won't buy something that isn't available! I'm not going to do it, do you understand?"  Yes, we get you.

Yesterday I've spent my 11€. Klei offered me the opportunity to be part of the development of the DLC. I bought it, gladly. I'm a happy customer.

I get you're not interested, what I don't get why you're here complaining in the first place. This is - literally - the topic for people who are interested in the Early Access of the DLC. We're interested in being part of the development.

What you're doing here it's like posting on a forum about the new Wonder Woman movie "I'll never watch this movie!". If you're not interested, don't go there. Or entering a bowling alley and shout "I'll never play this silly game!". Yes, people are going to think you're a bit weird. :)

1 hour ago, TheMule said:

You do understand there's not DLC available yet, right? You cannot buy the DLC today.

Yes, that might be the weirdest sentence you've written about buying anything actually. "I won't buy something that isn't available! I'm not going to do it, do you understand?"  Yes, we get you.

Yesterday I've spent my 11€. Klei offered me the opportunity to be part of the development of the DLC. I bought it, gladly. I'm a happy customer.

I get you're not interested, what I don't get why you're here complaining in the first place. This is - literally - the topic for people who are interested in the Early Access of the DLC. We're interested in being part of the development.

What you're doing here it's like posting on a forum about the new Wonder Woman movie "I'll never watch this movie!". If you're not interested, don't go there. Or entering a bowling alley and shout "I'll never play this silly game!". Yes, people are going to think you're a bit weird. :)

From my point of view the base game content and the dlc content are fundamental different.

Do you believe that the current dlc will be the new base game ? I do.

In the games industry it is common that a ( alpha or not ) dlc enhances a game, not that it replaces it.

I was always fine with the updates which enhanced the base game - It seems the dlc is a fresh start, with the new game based on the dlc.

Look, its also writing off all the players base game colony saves - Players have spent hundreds or thousands of hours on their base game colony. The dlc core changes ( general maps, indoor rocket maps etc. ) are a fundamental change to the base game. That`s what it is about.

Of course one can say - "I don`t care about the old base game" or "I like the dlc as the new base game" and/or "I dont care about players base game colony savegames".

Its nice to fund a games development, clear communication IMHO would have been from Klei:

"We want to fundamentaly change the game and give it a fresh start, we`ll call it dlc and we will merge the old base game content and the dlc content ( new basegame, map system changes etc. ) by Summer 2021. Up until then we will break your existing savegames." :shock:

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

In particular, refer to the section "Not Ready Yet".

No, they did not. This is all as intended and as advertised. You read things into their statement that are not there.

I tell you one thing, and you tell me something else. Show me when they said it in JULY and FEBRUARY and late 2019! What early access were you talking about these months? Why are you all constantly referring to the post where they ALREADY declared their failure and unfulfilled promises of February and July?

11 minutes ago, aresd said:

Why are you all constantly referring to the post where they ALREADY declared their failure and unfulfilled promises of February and July?

I dunno, why don't you show where they declared them a promise, rather than an estimate?

2 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I dunno, why don't you show where they declared them a promise, rather than an estimate?

On 7/3/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

What about Vanilla?

The base game, which you currently own, will also see a large update when the DLC is released! Bug fixes, UI improvements, balance and tuning improvements, and base-game content updates will be synchronized across all versions of the game. So even if you choose not to play with the DLC, we're working to improve your experience as well!

Timeline

We're going to get the DLC into your rubber-gloved-hands some time this year. The fallout from Covid19 has really altered our estimates and shifted our priorities, so we're not going to make a more specific promise than that. As we get closer to the big moment, we'll be sure to give you more updates!

In Summary

Most of the team has been hard at work staying safe and developing the new DLC, even while we've continued to fix issues and performance on the released version of the game. We are adding new fundamental systems so we're taking the time to make sure we get them right, and especially working to integrate them well into the existing gameplay for all players to enjoy.

We're as excited as you are to be playing the game with these new features in it, and can't wait until it's complete! Thank you from the bottom of our cardiovascular systems for all your support, suggestions, encouragement and enthusiasm, which has got us this far. Onward!

DLC or skeleton of DLC?  What is written here?

@aresd

I give you some nice Vodak my friend. Dont worry about radioactive content etc., players are happy that they can toy around with something new for a few hours which lacks most of the base game content.

I must say, the past game updates where great - They should have just made us pay usd $3 per update and have continued in that way, enhancing the base game on a regular basis.

Once they start merging the content, hey...Can be fun times with one base game again :p

Can`t believe so much time went by and there is still no new content for "the basegame", whatever that basis is.

4 minutes ago, babba said:

@aresd

I give you some nice Vodak my friend. Dont worry about radioactive content etc., players are happy that they can toy around with something new for a few hours which lacks most of the base game content.

I must say, the past game updates where great - They should have just made us pay usd $3 per update and have continued in that way, enhancing the base game.

I'm not talking about that. I fully accept the situation that the pandemic has ruined everything too much. But why do you need to deceive the community by coming up with such a "knight's move" about sudden alpha tests and bringing them to early access, while the system itself is nothing but an opportunity to enter, look for errors and exit. let them say directly - "Yes, we promised more than we could. But we will try to fix it. We need money now so that our studio can continue to exist, but we give you our word that all our promises will be fulfilled no matter what With love and respect, your development team "Everything. That would be enough for me personally to understand and forgive. But I absolutely do not understand this nonsense, which they have arranged now.

Archived