Spaced Out! Enters Early Access!

12 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

i am so confused in what you are trying to say here...are you just upset that you don't get to play your old saves with the DLC content on?

I recently started to play the game a few months ago and got excited about the dlc, expecting to test it with the full game content.

Getting excited and then disappointed normally does not create human happiness.

In the past this was the way Klei operated with their free updates...Past updates: Full game content + new content for testing.

I would have preferred to not hear update news from Klei and then have an well worked out surprise launch of the update in Summer 2021, which also would have made the game modders much more happy.

Klei is soon of for their well deserved holiday, 2 weeks where mentioned. I also wish everyone a nice holiday and I`m off to the kitchen for chips now yumm yumm :biggrin-new:

5 minutes ago, babba said:

I would have preferred to not hear update news from Klei and then have an well worked out surprise launch of the update in Summer 2021

I would say that most people completely disagree. We want to know that the product is still being worked on, that it has a future, and what that future is. That's why 'roadmaps' exist, because majority of people want to know.

which also would have made the game modders much more happy.

Again disagree, I would rather know whats coming, so I know in advance where I would like to be spending my time.

11 minutes ago, babba said:

I recently started to play the game a few months ago and got excited about the dlc, expecting to test it with the full game content.

Getting excited and then disappointed normally does not create human happiness.

In the past this was the way Klei operated with their free updates. Past updates: Full game content + new content for testing.

I would have preferred to not hear update news from Klei and then have an well worked out surprise launch of the update in Summer 2021, 

but, my friend....is this not very close to full game content...? i repeat that the only things that are really missing are geysers and space stuff that has sorts of replacements anyway, and some radiation stuff that for all intents and purposes, is very disconnected from the rocketry stuff and you should treat it as a separate upgrade to it...

The way that klei operated with this DLC is very very similar to how they operated with previous upgrades...there was a testing period and then implementation into the game, and I think that they will very soon add even more stuff to the package with the testing cycle as well...

I do not say all of this stuff in the pursuit of winning an argument, I say this because I want you to enjoy the DLC and even more, enjoy the thrills of an update cycle to come, and I think all you need to do for that is to shift your perspective about the situation... :joyous:

31 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

but, my friend....is this not very close to full game content...? i repeat that the only things that are really missing are geysers and space stuff that has sorts of replacements anyway, and some radiation stuff that for all intents and purposes, is very disconnected from the rocketry stuff and you should treat it as a separate upgrade to it...

The way that klei operated with this DLC is very very similar to how they operated with previous upgrades...there was a testing period and then implementation into the game, and I think that they will very soon add even more stuff to the package with the testing cycle as well...

I do not say all of this stuff in the pursuit of winning an argument, I say this because I want you to enjoy the DLC and even more, enjoy the thrills of an update cycle to come, and I think all you need to do for that is to shift your perspective... :joyous:

I got my bowl of chips and reading your nice text is welcoming my dear friend :p.

I think there is 2 modes which I could have decided to go for this game update.

a.) The "Gurgel" style :bee: - "Ok, great. Will be super and done in a year or so."

b.) Join the ONi cultists and get hyped.

Instead of playing something else I chose b.) on this update as its sometimes nice in life to inhale the hype...

image.png.c08e22f2e0a5de974d187c5a221d5352.png

After testing the Pre-Alpha for 10 minutes I was thinking:

"Choose A, Choose A - You know the Gurgel trail is true path!" ...but the inner Golum was whispering "OOoooniiiiiiiiii".

"Onnnniiiiiiii so long without content update, Onnnniiiiiiiii. You need the Onnnniii fix!".

image.png.6e90ba01bf0dff7f1a550efb9f88bdfb.png

Played the DLC another 20 minutes and over a bit more time will head to a.) and play something else, until the package is more or less complete in the next year and start a new safe-save-file. Except, if Golum starts whispering again :lol:

Kind regards to @Gurgel :p

and guys, stopping picking on @aresd - He loves the game in his heart and just got disappointed. Its not CoD Warzone here :D

Happy holidays everyone ! :angel::angel::angel::bee::bee::bee::angel::angel::angel:

1 hour ago, babba said:

I think there is 2 modes which I could have decided to go for this game update.

a.) The "Gurgel" style :bee: - "Ok, great. Will be super and done in a year or so."

b.) Join the ONi cultists and get hyped.

You can combine these! Be hyped until it comes out, then switch to mode a) ;-)

16 hours ago, Lbphero said:

the problem with YOUR personal opinion is that it is unreasonable, and that is what is constantly being expressed. there can exist unfair or unjustified criticism, and me along with many others find that you complaining about the game being in early access rather than release even though they stated their seemingly changing plans, is unreasonable. Can you understand why we could possibly think that without thinking that we're bootlickers?

Criticism is justified. They changed their shoes on the fly

16 hours ago, Friar Tuck said:

"This approach means that we can't predict when the DLC will be ready, but if everything goes well we'd like to have something to show during the summer, and the release would follow in the autumn after further testing and refinement."

You are reading what you want to read, and then complaining when what you think is going to happen, (which isn't what was said), doesn't happen.

That is, in the fall we should have had a release. Not early access. Then they said in July that the release would be at the end of the year. And then they, without warning, they figured out how to get out of the promises - early access.

4 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

no, they just changed their shoes, with ample notification about it.

At the end of the year, showing us the same thing as in July. That is, they have known for a long time that they are not in time. But nevertheless they were silent and deceived expectations.

If they had said in July that there would be early access in December, and the release in two years, I would have abandoned this forum altogether and did not come here at least until the end of summer 2021 and would not waste my time.

17 minutes ago, babba said:

In my opinion, both of your opinions are valid.

I would like to have this resolved from Klei , for both game versions.

It seems to me that you are trying in vain. This discussion has long turned into a meaningless  holy war. Haha)

5 minutes ago, aresd said:

It seems to me that you are trying in vain. This discussion has long turned into a meaningless  holy war. Haha)

I`m just trying to throw an quoting-deescalation wrench in between, lets be productive and/or funny :angel:

It really helps if people write what they want to have changed, in the game, now and in the future...

image.png.ca92de9629c77ea28099413e93d3f9e7.png

2 hours ago, babba said:

It really helps if people write what they want to have changed, in the game, now and in the future...

• Get rid of the lag when opening research menu.

• Take out clothing or make it simpler and organized.

• Take out rooms or make it simpler and non-arbitrary. Maybe have to revamp the morale system with it.

• Get rid of the prebuilt rooms unless they follow the same game rules and not be understandable or darken; buggy system anyway.

• Let us design dupes rather then rerolling.

• Make the portal be charged by the player and only provide dupes and maybe player stored blueprints.

• Make the copy button useful like the copy blueprint mod.

• Make rocket building more simplistic.

• Make rockets more useful in order to get rid of the portal tubes and if there must be portal tubes have them be built by players.

• If we need to supply rocket interiors then we need new devices to be able to do it properly.

• Let us travel in space forever away from our starting position if we choose; I want to planet hop along increasingly difficult planets. For me the most fun to be had is the start and it makes sense to provide a path to infinite replayability.

• Lots more rocket options.

• More options for crafting; ridiculous that we need to planet hop around to find the perfect material for making strings; currently reeds are the rarest thing in the universe and nothing can substitute them.

• The droids need to have clear limitations or none; currently seems to be limited because they don't want us to just have droids or don't want us to be able to complete rooms; make things more coherent.

• Revamp the illness and medical system; it is just ignored now and taking up game space.

2 hours ago, CasuallyDressed said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does somebody know if the main game content and the DLC content will be 100% merged by the time the new DLC is fully lunched?

Cheers.

AFAIK Klei would have to give you an direct answer on your question, IMHO anything else is guessing.

My guess is that you perhaps could know by Summer 2021 and that Klei does not know right now.

I don`t play the base game anymore, as I don`t know if my 3000 cycle save file will be trashed next year.

image.png.0ca9534e66e18c49e95fa678799437ef.png

1 hour ago, bumbaclad said:

• Get rid of the lag when opening research menu.

• Take out clothing or make it simpler and organized.

• Take out rooms or make it simpler and non-arbitrary. Maybe have to revamp the morale system with it.

• Get rid of the prebuilt rooms unless they follow the same game rules and not be understandable or darken; buggy system anyway.

• Let us design dupes rather then rerolling.

• Make the portal be charged by the player and only provide dupes and maybe player stored blueprints.

• Make the copy button useful like the copy blueprint mod.

• Make rocket building more simplistic.

• Make rockets more useful in order to get rid of the portal tubes and if there must be portal tubes have them be built by players.

• If we need to supply rocket interiors then we need new devices to be able to do it properly.

• Let us travel in space forever away from our starting position if we choose; I want to planet hop along increasingly difficult planets. For me the most fun to be had is the start and it makes sense to provide a path to infinite replayability.

• Lots more rocket options.

• More options for crafting; ridiculous that we need to planet hop around to find the perfect material for making strings; currently reeds are the rarest thing in the universe and nothing can substitute them.

• The droids need to have clear limitations or none; currently seems to be limited because they don't want us to just have droids or don't want us to be able to complete rooms; make things more coherent.

• Revamp the illness and medical system; it is just ignored now and taking up game space.

You missed get rid of the complete system hang on autosave.  Allowing us to turn off autosave was lazy and no reason for a 10 second lock up.  It is not the write to disk speed, and not the report length, some sort of compression or house keeping.  It is terrible.

1 hour ago, chemie said:

You missed get rid of the complete system hang on autosave.  Allowing us to turn off autosave was lazy and no reason for a 10 second lock up.  It is not the write to disk speed, and not the report length, some sort of compression or house keeping.  It is terrible.

- Being unable to make bottled water with a pitcher pump and a pitcher pump alone; except in some instances a mop.

- Consumables are not asteroid specific.

- Cots are not asteroid specific.

7 hours ago, CasuallyDressed said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does somebody know if the main game content and the DLC content will be 100% merged by the time the new DLC is fully launched?

Cheers.

I would suspect not even Klei knows at this time. As they put all the asteroids on a big map instead of running them separately, I think it may be possible they will do this though.

I guess we can have the old asteroid starts too but then the clusters to explore. 

We could have a Max of 5 colonies running and more hexes to go exploring to find more planets with super weird stuff like propane lakes or methane lakes and so on. 

A co2 lake asteroid would be super cool to extract rocket fuel or being a station of refuelling for co2 rockets also after extracting all this liquid co2 this asteroid could be abandoned or have a liquid co2 geyser to slowly replenish it. 

Also traits, how will they work now? They will be applied to all the cluster? Seems a interesting and easier way to keep them in the game. 

Diseases need to be similar to the old ones vomiting being more common for example. Slimelung needs to infect metal ores and raw minerals to make US use the ore scrubbers and make chlorine usefull at the same time. A flu mechanic could be added too making dupes sick every 20 cycles, they will spread the flu while infected. If they take vitamins the counter goes back to 20.

Add buffs to medical stuff like the dupe can go there in the resting time and be theated to get buff to all skills or specific ones. 

Specific to the dlc now i liked everything but the fact that we need to put the telescope inside the rocket to keep exploring not that this is a bad idea its just that i only discovered that by reading here in the forum só it should be clearer or turned into a rocket module or even an "exploration nose cone" to over simplify things even. 

Also exploration satellites or probes could be usefull too for the above. 

Critters are amazing, but theres something wrong in the critter feeder when i try to feed only sucrose to grugrubs and sulfur to sweetles it keeps resetting my choices and telling the grubgrubs to eat sulfur and even add sweetles in the feeder that should be specific to grubs. 

Another idea would be an asteroid full of dupes in criostasis could be interesting to harvest metals and de frost some alien dupes to bring to some colony.

Mud stuff is amazing too now we need a way to get polluted mud for refining since the normal mud comes from grubs. 

We need ways to get normal ores to feeding smooth hatches and plug slugs reliably mid and late game. One way to it would be having a mine system where it would function similar to a oil well, we build a machine on top of it and a robô miner close too it too and add some water to get metal ores and polluted mud or mud as byproduct depeding on the metal ore mine we are harvesting. 

I've only actually been to space a couple of times. I think I'm going to spend the holidays getting to space!

Thank you for this fantastic game, I've started an asteroid with my friend's son (he's 5), and we have some snoring, farting Duplicants that are creating lots of learning and entertainment for everyone (especially "Cranky Franky", who doesn't like to get up in the morning)!

On 12/12/2020 at 5:33 AM, CasuallyDressed said:

Thank you guys.

I enjoyed ONI a lot, but I am on edge whether to buy the add-on now or wait for it. The concept is a little bit different from what I expected.

If I would have to put my money on something, I would bet that Klei will make this work somehow in the end.

I went ahead and got the dlc, then just turned it off.  Bam, still playing the base game. Have the option to mess around with the early access changes, and save the money from the price increases when it does go live.  Win, win, win.

Archived