Spaced Out! Enters Early Access!

3 minutes ago, aresd said:

Why are you all constantly referring to the post where they ALREADY declared their failure and unfulfilled promises of February and July?

Because of the thing called COVID-19? Anything announced (which isn't technically promised) before April/May is irrelevant. And what promises did they make anyway?

In February:

Because we're introducing new systems, we want to take our time to test and iterate our ideas -- and throw out things that aren't working. This approach means that we can't predict when the DLC will be ready, but if everything goes well we'd like to have something to show during the summer, and the release would follow in the autumn after further testing and refinement.

So, they didn't promise anything, they literally say "we can't predict when the DLC will be ready". Also "if everything goes well". In retrospect, no, things didn't go well, like, globally.

I don`t care what I am paying for, as long it is one full game which gets more content and where the save games are long term valid. Call it update, dlc, base game rework or whatever...Just get the content together at some point in 2021.

3 minutes ago, TheMule said:

Because of the thing called COVID-19? Anything announced (which isn't technically promised) before April/May is irrelevant. And what promises did they make anyway?

In February:

So, they didn't promise anything, they literally say "we can't predict when the DLC will be ready". Also "if everything goes well". In retrospect, no, things didn't go well, like, globally.

In July, they informed us about a release before the end of the year. And at the end of the year, instead of a more or less playable release or beta, they gave us a dead horse, assuring us that the horse was sleeping.

10 minutes ago, aresd said:

What is written here?

5 minutes ago, aresd said:

"Yes, we promised more than we could."

I've used the the 'Find' on my browser to no avail. Care to quote exactly the part in which they say "We promise"? A promise has to be a promise. You repeated stated they promised something yet completely fail to show where they used the exact words "We promise".

As far as I'm concerned this is Klei's official position, and I can quote their exact words:

This approach means that we can't predict when the DLC will be ready

10 minutes ago, TheMule said:

I've used the the 'Find' on my browser to no avail. Care to quote exactly the part in which they say "We promise"? A promise has to be a promise. You repeated stated they promised something yet completely fail to show where they used the exact words "We promise".

As far as I'm concerned this is Klei's official position, and I can quote their exact words:

A promise is an affirmative sentence, without reservation, that is, with an unambiguous interpretation. You don't have to write the word "promise" to reinforce the statement. At least this is how it is in Russian. You are now just looking for something to find fault about in my words. I guess the next level will be punctuation marks.

19 minutes ago, aresd said:

In July, they informed us about a release before the end of the year. And at the end of the year, instead of a more or less playable release or beta, they gave us a dead horse, assuring us that the horse was sleeping

"Informed"? Well that's huge amount of back-pedalling. You said "promised". I want to see the words "We promise".

15 minutes ago, aresd said:

It not ready. Why did they take it out if it is not ready?

It's not out. What makes you think that the DLC is out? It's not released. Just like the base game wasn't for many years.

Yet people enjoyed it immensely, before release. Even if they changed a lot of things along the way, sometimes forcing people to start over or - at least - breaking in horrible ways their bases. Even the automation update, which made, say, vents or reservoirs automated, broke many setups badly, because people used to run automation lines behind them. Go and have a look at how steam turbines used to work when they first introduced them.
Things are going to change a lot in the DLC, based on the players' input, and that's the entire point of the process of Early Access. You're called to take part in the development, both with early money and ideas. That's how it worked for the base game, and it worked very well, so why expecting anything different with the DLC?

Why giving Klei a hard time, making up promises they never made, or deadlines they clearly stated they didn't have?

They gave us the DLC in exactly the same way they gave us the base game. And if you don't want to be part of Early Access, which BTW is part of what made ONI the game we know, fine, but why be so vocal about it?

I do believe Klei has put a lot of time and effort in to the base game rework, I just didn`t know they where reworking the future base game in such an extensive way and naming it dlc.

Perhaps state what you do expect from the current game(s) to be playable and what you are currently missing, dear @aresd

Every user is entitled to their opinion, feedback, input and (dis)satisfaction.

5 minutes ago, babba said:

I do believe Klei has put a lot of time and effort in to the base game rework, I just didn`t know they where reworking the future base game in such an extensive way and naming it dlc.

Perhaps state what you do expect from the current game(s) to be playable and what you are currently missing, dear @aresd

Every user is entitled to their opinion, feedback, input and (dis)satisfaction.

I have updated the forum page a billion times since February, this has been daily, pending news. I was ready for a horse on crutches, but you see what they gave me in the end :lol: A year of shattered hopes and goals. Damned 2020))

True. One would expect that a DLC ( Alpha ) extends a base game. If Klei would have communicated that they a reworking the base game and launching it as crippled DLC Early Access, with most base game content coming in 2021 - Then things would have been clear(er) :shock:

Vodka...

It will be a superb full game in 2021 or 2022 - Touch wood.

1 minute ago, babba said:

True. One would expect that a DLC ( Alpha ) extends a base game. If Klei would have communicated that they a reworking the base game and launching it as crippled DLC Early Access, with most content coming in 2021 - Then things would have been clear(er) :shock:

Vodka...

So many disappointments. We need an ethanol volcano

8 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

To be fair, its labeled Early Access. So if you dont inform yourself what that means in this case, and just buy it, you´ve done it wrong. No one is responsible if you buy E.A. games without getting infos first. 

Correct :bee:

Lets see what they make out of the base game in 2021...

Just Relax
We all were expecting full DLC by end of year, especially that Klei was quiet for song a long time. We got Alpha and after so much time waiting our expectation are not met. Can we do anything about it? No. Grumbling about it does not help either.

So, lets enjoy that finally something is happening and that means we head in good direction.

DLC was also advertised as something separated from base game so I would not worry about save files, because it will never be merged with base game.

Current separation DLC / Base game is very bad and confusing, but that is something what Early Access for, right? See community esponse and change it to make it better :)

28 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

DLC was also advertised as something separated from base game so I would not worry about save files, because it will never be merged with base game.

This assumption would assume a different save format per basegame, dlc1, dlc2 etc., mod support per game version and contradict items marked with "DLC" in the tech-tree...Players complaining about the 2 version map size differences, stating "I want to play a really large colony like in the current basegame" and otherwise current confusion of players experiencing the 2 different current versions...To only list a few topics. Leaving vanilla unchanged would feel like ONi 1 & ONi 2, especially at the end of 2021...

Working for decades in the games business, the DLC items of the tech tree will be likely activated in the future DLC version + perhaps a few other "Gimmicks, Things or Creatures :D", the code base should be the same...At least this would be the standard industry procedure of activating or deactivating content.

Cant wait to get the new basegame in 2021, waiting...waiting...waiting. Hope not till summer ! :beaten:

27 minutes ago, babba said:

This assumption would assume a different save format per basegame, dlc1, dlc2 etc., mod support per game version and contradict items marked with "DLC" in the tech-tree...Players complaining about the 2 version map size differences, stating "I want to play a really large colony like in the current basegame" and otherwise current confusion of players experiencing the 2 different current versions...To only list a few topics. Leaving vanilla unchanged would feel like ONi 1 & ONi 2, especially at the end of 2021...

Working for decades in the games business, the DLC items of the tech tree will be likely activated in the future DLC version + perhaps a few other "Gimmicks, Things or Creatures :D", the code base should be the same...At least this would be the standard industry procedure of activating or deactivating content.

Cant wait to get the new basegame in 2021, waiting...waiting...waiting. Hope not till summer ! :beaten:

Just go to Don't Starve Together, at least they never disappoint:yaypigs:

45 minutes ago, aresd said:

Just go to Don't Starve Together, at least they never disappoint:yaypigs:

Going back to Cryo sleep till Summer 2021, when I then wake up I will check what Klei has done with ONi :lol:

a.) "Radioactivity and the reactor is in the game and fully working"

b.) "Here is DLC2 Alpha ( $9.99 ) for testing, the advanced multi-component reactor system with full yellow cake/rod supply chain and production + mini nuke production" :anonymous:

c.) "It will take us longer, we say Winter 2021 for now - Game also supports the Nintedo Gamecube now > 16x16, smaller maps in the base vanilla game. We call it the up and downgrade of what you had, win win !" :black_eyed:

4 hours ago, aresd said:

I tell you one thing, and you tell me something else. Show me when they said it in JULY and FEBRUARY and late 2019! What early access were you talking about these months? Why are you all constantly referring to the post where they ALREADY declared their failure and unfulfilled promises of February and July?

You know, I take it you just _want_ to be offended. With that stance you will always find something, whether true and reasonable or not.

6 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

You know, I take it you just _want_ to be offended. With that stance you will always find something.

He mentioned he was waiting for nearly the whole year for new content. I expected to test new additions for the base game and also was disappointed. Other people have their feedback in many threads, one example ...So, Im going in to Cryo sleep until a new basegame is out.

Cu latest in Summer 2021 dear Gurgel...Or when a new basegame is out and released - I want one game, not two different ones.

Touch wood :bee:

Hey everybody. Please keep posts polite and constructive. Even if it is an opinion you disagree with or feel is "incorrect" it is still valuable information for us and keeping the conversation healthy helps us make sure we get the information we need from it. Thanks. 

Hey Klei!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I had run out of games that interested me and fallen into a black hole of futility and despair and your DLC has raised me from the near-dead and given me something other than the horrors of reality to think about.

I assume it is not perfect and it has issues that will be ironed out and parts that didn't make the launch which I will be seeing later and all of that is cool, expected, and not a big deal.

Also:  The "Plug Slug" should be called "Spark Slug"  (someone on the team must have suggested this and that person was correct).

36 minutes ago, aresd said:

Wow, the censorship was brought in))

Yes, but in your favour my dear friend :p

I am glad that Klei staff is following up the forum and listening to disappointed customers.

We should all be friends or at least try :angel::bee::angel: ...even if it may be hard sometimes.

image.png.447d94fd2b49859cc3799863d781c13c.pngimage.thumb.png.bd50efa02e298a1463c1641e1e2e6d01.pngimage.thumb.png.3d76ecbca8b7ffe118e2b8fa28764575.png

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Hey everybody. Please keep posts polite and constructive. Even if it is an opinion you disagree with or feel is "incorrect" it is still valuable information for us and keeping the conversation healthy helps us make sure we get the information we need from it. Thanks. 

You are right. My apologies. Thanks for the sensible reminder.

So far pretty underwhelmed; yes there is a couple systems overhauled but I was expecting much closer look at the base game and reworking crummy assumingly placeholder systems that were never updated before release like clothing and rooms.

Thought we would be having a smoother experience but laggier than ever with laggy clicks at 120<->80 frames; a 40 frame variability; and research loading and unloading every time it is accessed causing two lag spikes every enter/exit. Thank you for atleast shrinking the world though.

I really hope the the blackness is not the extent of the starmap; that would be like 5 planets; though I can't figure out how to launch a rocket anyway. Sugar check, oxylite check, rover check, basic dome check... Launch... waiting for dupe to launch unmanned rocket... that will take awhile and not happening.

Fingers crossed you guys plan to work on this for another year or more so it can become what it should be but I wont hold my breath. Honestly surprised the dlc team still has a job after don't starve. Just wanted to communicate that I had low expectations but expected expect more; not being overly critical or looking to fight with anyone and will still play the game but if dissent is never expressed then things would never improve.

Archived