Am I the only one who'd love to see more critters in the game?

Pets with a TINY amount of niche utility would be nice. 
You should still be able to cook food on the Broodling. You could cook food on the Lavae. The Broodling is just a slightly-more-grown-up Lavae. 
Kittykits should drop items the same way Catcoons do. It's just an immortal Catcoon that can't fight, and doesn't do anything else. 
Varglings could warn about Hound waves a day in advance, or other similar dangers. 
SOMETHING. 

EDIT:
The pet Gobbler could even do something stupid and worthless like lay one egg, but only every 7 days or something to that effect. At least it would do SOMETHING; right now critters do NOTHING. 

Personally speaking I'd like more... interactive critters (Hopefully with uses, at that) much akin to Smallbirds and Lavae.
Having mobs you can tame and raise and just interact with is just the coolest thing ever, I wish for more mobs to follow this pattern.

5 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Pets with a TINY amount of niche utility would be nice. 
You should still be able to cook food on the Broodling. You could cook food on the Lavae. The Broodling is just a slightly-more-grown-up Lavae. 
Kittykits should drop items the same way Catcoons do. It's just an immortal Catcoon that can't fight, and doesn't do anything else. 
Varglings could warn about Hound waves a day in advance, or other similar dangers. 
SOMETHING. 

i would'be also said yes to op, but these are some nice suggestions. And you should have to feed them less frequently :D 

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

And you should have to feed them less frequently :D 

But that's the thing; they're immortal. You don't actually have to feed them, you can just leave them begging forever and they won't die. 
Plus, they eat literally everything. Seeds, raw monster meat, Spoiled petals... 

The pet Gobbler could even do something stupid like lay an egg every 10 days. Something almost completely worthless, but at least then it would be doing literally anything at all.

It would be nice to have pets do something, even if almost not impactful at all. Lunar Mothling has their thing already, would be nice if all of the others would too. But ye, I'd like for all the other bosses to have a small critterling too. That Old Toadstool concept would be nice to have especially... Also Lunar Mothling Skins when

1 hour ago, Wendy C. said:

But that's the thing; they're immortal. You don't actually have to feed them, you can just leave them begging forever and they won't die. 
Plus, they eat literally everything. Seeds, raw monster meat, Spoiled petals... 

The pet Gobbler could even do something stupid like lay an egg every 10 days. Something almost completely worthless, but at least then it would be doing literally anything at all.

well yeah you don't have to but the whole reason i don't carry pets around is because they are too annoying if you don't feed them often.

I love having pets. The way they act when I craft something or fight is just too adorable. However, I resent them with how annoying they are when hungry. That's why I always use Less Hungry Critters mod. I tuned it to 5-15 days and I think this is the perfect timeframe. Enough to remind you that your pet exists, and long enough that you don't want to slap trusty tape over it's face.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119335494

As for the new critters, I say yes. I would love to see a mini spider or that toad. Perhaps a mini beefalo with the coming YoTB event, hmmm?

We should be able to use our pets in pet racing akin to year of the carrat.

Have our critters drop “pet tribute” every few days with the amount depending on how much they’ve been fed. We would then use that tribute to craft the race objects at the rock den or some other crafting station.

i always love having smol pets that follow you in games, but every single time i get a critter in dst, i regret it immediately when it starts to whine for food. another thing that’s inconvenient is that you can’t get rid of them unless you visit the den again. it would be nice if they were of any use, but i would be happy even if they were just purely cosmetic minus the whining. or if whining for food can’t be removed, it would be nice to have a little critter home you can build in your base where you can drop them off so they can feed themselves and be good on food for a while.

I mean the devs could rework critters so that there are types of critters.

Some emit light when fed, some give you 1 point of sanity when pet etc.

Giving every single critter a different ability would be too much effort and the devs would probably not commit to that idea.

10 hours ago, Nino123 said:

I would love that. BTW a just noticed that the Oni skin for GlomGlom is a Voxola style !
1982166564_Capturedcran2020-12-0612_03_12.png.80d55e260fd300d9f2fec24391e00f4b.png

Oh boy. 
One, the Odd Radio from Hallowed Nights is not a Voxola radio. The Hallowed Nights radio is a reference to a different game made by Klei, "Oxygen Not Included". Secondly, that skin for Glommer is not only a reference to the exact same game, it's also a reference to the exact same creature. 

Archived