Am I the only one who'd love to see more critters in the game?

4 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Oh boy. 
One, the Odd Radio from Hallowed Nights is not a Voxola radio. The Hallowed Nights radio is a reference to a different game made by Klei, "Oxygen Not Included". Secondly, that skin for Glommer is not only a reference to the exact same game, it's also a reference to the exact same creature. 

5a465eb326456_Maxwellpursuadesdupes.png.dd92bc3fe504cb0a719a5433fd6fa7a0.png

8 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Oh boy. 
One, the Odd Radio from Hallowed Nights is not a Voxola radio. The Hallowed Nights radio is a reference to a different game made by Klei, "Oxygen Not Included". Secondly, that skin for Glommer is not only a reference to the exact same game, it's also a reference to the exact same creature. 

When i said "ONI", it was for Oxygene not Included, and I do know the creature, in fact i play ONI too. I just noticed the reference.

But i'm glad to know that the reference is from Oni to DST, not the opposite.

29 minutes ago, Well-met said:

only if they have stats

Almost no-one would use them if that was the case. Same reason why almost no one uses Small Birds, or permanent-companion Pigs, Bunnymen, Lobsters etc. They die in record time, aka investment doesn't bring sufficient profit to justify it.

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Almost no-one would use them if that was the case. Same reason why almost no one uses Small Birds, or permanent-companion Pigs, Bunnymen, Lobsters etc. They die in record time, aka investment doesn't bring sufficient profit to justify it.

Oh no, no. Not health.

I meant perks, if you prefer that word.

54 minutes ago, FrozenMountan said:

I, personally, have never seen a rock lobster die

Admittedly, among provided follower-mob examples, Lobsters are by far the most sturdy ones. Yet try using them in fight against Misery/Toadstool. It.. doesn't end well - more so for the "jump, jump, jump around" 2nd phase of said fight: Lobsters retreat in their defensive-hiding position for all duration of that phase because of constant damage from toad (either the jump and/or poisonous clouds). And, inevitably, die.

Still, for spelunker life, they are pretty handy to have around - either in Spider farms or as defensive measure against Worm waves.

Spoiler

E71FB602FF3450E5C1D9BC753FE547AA0F0124E4

1D02D6A213F803BB520FAD4EF17EC933DFC4F117

The same feeling for me about bringing back DS+ Gorge and new food recipes for crockpots, it may never happen but I just want a gosh darn Coraline refrence for Walter examining a gummy slug!  I don't want to be the only one who wants to cook steamed hams and do a freaking parody of it with Maxwell and Wilson for Roleplay.  And new critters would be fun if they had some good purpose or just a bit better, and i'm still upset they make year of the carrot just a limited event and not add on to training critters to race and get useful items for people who just want more fun.  But it's just me, but I really want cute bunnymen critters to boop on the nose.

On 12/6/2020 at 5:50 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I think klei sends a message with the critters being anoying and useless. Pets are a responsability not a toy

If pets were a responsibility they should be allowed to become injured or even die-

Abigail is a better pet then all the ones currently in this game and there’s no disputing that fact (except for maybe Tallbirds which aren’t adopted from the critters den and therefore don’t actually count)

Carrat was the best pet we ever had (sorry infinite invincible Woby I still can’t like you..) Carrat would get hungry, Carrat would die of Starvation, Carrat rewarded you with gifts when it won races, Carrat could be trained to perform better, and Carrat could have their colors changed by giving them seeds for further customization.

In it’s current form Birds Trapped inside a bird cage are better pets then the ones from Critters den, they must be fed are they will starve to death.

Critters in DST with exception to Mothling do absolutely nothing except provide a (mostly) purely cosmetic garbage disposal for rot.

Some of these critters such as Broodling require the players to fight difficult bosses to even obtain, so they should all do SOMETHING.

And before considering adding any new ones, how about we get better uses for the ones already in the game?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

If pets were a responsibility they should be allowed to become injured or even die-

Abigail is a better pet then all the ones currently in this game and there’s no disputing that fact (except for maybe Tallbirds which aren’t adopted from the critters den and therefore don’t actually count)

Carrat was the best pet we ever had (sorry infinite invincible Woby I still can’t like you..) Carrat would get hungry, Carrat would die of Starvation, Carrat rewarded you with gifts when it won races, Carrat could be trained to perform better, and Carrat could have their colors changed by giving them seeds for further customization.

In it’s current form Birds Trapped inside a bird cage are better pets then the ones from Critters den, they must be fed are they will starve to death.

Critters in DST with exception to Mothling do absolutely nothing except provide a (mostly) purely cosmetic garbage disposal for rot.

Some of these critters such as Broodling require the players to fight difficult bosses to even obtain, so they should all do SOMETHING.

And before considering adding any new ones, how about we get better uses for the ones already in the game?

Things dont need to be useful, they should stay as they are. cosmetics.

4 hours ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

pets shouldn't be counted as cosmetics as they require you to put a lot of effort into them and currently in their state they are just things you don't need, some people would like if they had a use other than being just for fun.

All cosmetics things in dst take effort, is part of the fun

4 hours ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

pets shouldn't be counted as cosmetics as they require you to put a lot of effort into them and currently in their state they are just things you don't need, some people would like if they had a use other than being just for fun.

The only "effort" you need to put into a getting a pet is killing a DF for chilled lavae, rest can be easily acquired in the first autumn. Only exception being Mothling since it requires flower salad ( summer food ).

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

???

They are a responsability because in the moment you adopt them they are disturbing (like real pets sometimes) so you have to be sure that you want to be feeding them

The most i think more sure im that they, even when it will be fun, shouldnt have any perk

Just now, Tapirus said:

I don't see much people with pets lately due to the constant need of feeding, wonder how much would change if Klei decide remove that feature eventually...

a lot would change 

one thing that would change is my love for DST.it would go down quite a good bit because removing pets is kinda dumb considering they aren't killing anybody. they're just this nice cosmetic that you can get if you please and i personally love pets

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

a lot would change 

one thing that would change is my love for DST.it would go down quite a good bit because removing pets is kinda dumb considering they aren't killing anybody. they're just this nice cosmetic that you can get if you please and i personally love pets

I was not talking about remove pets, I thought in remove the "need of eat" on pets, to be exact. Example: Woby don't need eat (you only "feed" that mob to get her bigger temporarily).

Archived