6 hours ago, Slvrsrfr said:

this

image.png.1879dbda378e508b35fec7a84b893fbe.png

seems it will comeback

What's the history here?
I only got base ONI a couple of months ago and I've noticed electrum in the database but never seen it in-game. But I've also never got to more than 30,000km in rocketry; I assumed it was space-solid-cargo-able and I just never got my hands on it. No?

5 hours ago, Meta Binding said:

Pacu can also now eat seeds. Finally something to do with extra seeds.

That's positive. I really, really hope that starvation ranching is going to go away, with some rebalancing of critter food requirements.

What is the gist of this thread, other than to spoil the intrigue for others who have not received alpha? Why stream permission? The developers kept intrigue for so long and as a result, access was given to a limited number and tore off all the covers. Hmm. I am disappointed. In such a situation, alpha should be closed for publication to a wide audience, or available to everyone, even if it needs to be bought right away.The developers just spat in the face of everyone who was waiting for this DLC. I wanted to buy and have fun marveling at everything new. And now 100 people have ruined this moment for everyone else.

Thanks, Klei! 

• How small are the starting and off-world asteroid relative to what we've got now? 
  • Also, do telescopes, virtual planetariums, and space scanners still have a use? 
  • Do any of the new critters have morphs yet? 
  • Finally, are there any new rooms in the room overlay?

36 minutes ago, aresd said:

What is the gist of this thread, other than to spoil the intrigue for others who have not received alpha? Why stream permission? The developers kept intrigue for so long and as a result, access was given to a limited number and tore off all the covers. Hmm. I am disappointed. In such a situation, alpha should be closed for publication to a wide audience, or available to everyone, even if it needs to be bought right away.The developers just spat in the face of everyone who was waiting for this DLC. I wanted to buy and have fun marveling at everything new. And now 100 people have ruined this moment for everyone else.

Thanks, Klei! 

Then dont read this thread if you dont want to be spoiled? Those who dont want to be spoiled can choose not to, those who want all the information can read about it.

16 minutes ago, Dan_Daniel2000 said:

Then dont read this thread if you dont want to be spoiled? Those who dont want to be spoiled can choose not to, those who want all the information can read about it.

from here this information is scattered everywhere, already from each smoothing-iron information about a new DLC climbs. I cannot use a computer with my eyes closed. While from here all the information, thanks to you, spreads all over the Internet

5 hours ago, Meta Binding said:

I'm having fun. The first world having no reed makes you get creative with the new stuff.

What is this scanner thing in top-right cave?

1 hour ago, aresd said:

The developers just spat in the face of everyone who was waiting for this DLC

Don't be overdramatic.

If you don't want the spoilers, why are you reading "new stuff" thread? You want to have fresh look after you buy the DLC, not spoiled by everyone? It is quite clear what topics will contain spoiler, siple igore them and let people have fun. What would you expect KLEI to do? Not doing beta-testing? Making it full-NDA and banning everyone who speaks about it? Come on!

19 minutes ago, pether said:

What is this scanner thing in top-right cave?

Don't be overdramatic.

If you don't want the spoilers, why are you reading "new stuff" thread? You want to have fresh look after you buy the DLC, not spoiled by everyone? It is quite clear what topics will contain spoiler, siple igore them and let people have fun. What would you expect KLEI to do? Not doing beta-testing? Making it full-NDA and banning everyone who speaks about it? Come on!

Just like others do, of course. Or at least not to do it so openly that even a public public thread, from where screenshots are spread all over the Internet, where information is revealed that does not in any way affect the diagnosis of errors.

And after all, no one argues that any product requires testing before release. But Klei decided to do it as differently as everyone else. I already wrote in one post, what is it called - some eat, others watch.

ONI were in early access and there was nothing stopping them from selling it even with a billion bugs. What prevents to do this with DLC? But no, it was necessary to pull the intrigue to the end and then completely destroy it, allowing 100 people to squander everything that had been accumulated for over a year

Just now, aresd said:

Making it full-NDA and banning everyone who speaks about it? Come on!

this is what others do so as not to spoil the experience for the fans. This is what has worked and will work for years before and after this post

At least I wasn't even that upset with the streams on Twitch and YouTube. I just banned the game tag. BUT I go to the forum and here, with the full consent of the developers, all the secrets are squandered left and right.

5 minutes ago, aresd said:

At least I wasn't even that upset with the streams on Twitch and YouTube. I just banned the game tag. BUT I go to the forum and here, with the full consent of the developers, all the secrets are squandered left and right.

This isn't a game about secrets, and never has been.  The very basis of your objection is invalid.

You can't even claim that "that's the way you prefer to play the game".  You have proven that you want to know the "secrets" by seeking them out in a forum and thread dedicated to them.

3 minutes ago, aresd said:

screenshots are spread all over the Internet

dude, I don't know, maybe we are using different internets, maybe it's the browser, I don't know, but I don't see anything anywhere, only on this forum, and for some reason only in "Spaced Out" subforum. It is really easy for me (and other people looking for news) to locate where all the screenshots are and it should be equally easy for other people to avoid them.

I understand you want fresh look at the game when you buy it, but really, it seems really easy not to have anything spoiled... You look like a kid who hits his own foot with the hammer and then accuse KLEI of putting the hammer in reachable place... Don't be drama queen...

2 minutes ago, pether said:

dude, I don't know, maybe we are using different internets, maybe it's the browser, I don't know, but I don't see anything anywhere, only on this forum, and for some reason only in "Spaced Out" subforum. It is really easy for me (and other people looking for news) to locate where all the screenshots are and it should be equally easy for other people to avoid them.

I understand you want fresh look at the game when you buy it, but really, it seems really easy not to have anything spoiled... You look like a kid who hits his own foot with the hammer and then accuse KLEI of putting the hammer in reachable place... Don't be drama queen...

I'm not dramatizing, I'm just upset that the Klei decided to present their product in this way. As a fan, it upsets me. It was not necessary to do it in such a way as to cover up the failures of their promises.

15 minutes ago, aresd said:

Don't be drama queen...

Do not use offensive epithets

11 minutes ago, aresd said:

It was not necessary to do it in such a way as to cover up the failures of their promises.

Well it was done in the same way with ONI itself if I understand correctly, so reapeating the move with the DLC seems consistant.

I understand why are you sad about the spoilers, I also must have think a little if I want to have is spoiled of fresh, but really, if you want to experience tabula rasa DLC - it is really simple to avoid them.

I know the feeling of beeing surrounded by spoilers - last days, my favourite author released his new book, 4th in the cycle I'm reading and I love. Now 20% of recommended youtube video are reviews, reactions, thoughts and sample chapters. Everything to ruin and spoil the book before I read it. I know how hard is to avoid them, and that is - not really hard at all. I just ignore the videos, not blaming the author he allowed random people review his book. It's been few weeks now, and you know what - it is really working.

There are many people who are hyped for the DLC and want to know everything as soon as possible. If you are not one of them - it is really easy to avoid spoilers, there is no need to blame KLEI for everything

25 minutes ago, aresd said:

t was not necessary to do it in such a way as to cover up the failures of their promises.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I humbly request you create a thread and discuss it there rather than further derail this topic.

10 minutes ago, pether said:

Well it was done in the same way with ONI itself if I understand correctly, so reapeating the move with the DLC seems consistant.

I understand why are you sad about the spoilers, I also must have think a little if I want to have is spoiled of fresh, but really, if you want to experience tabula rasa DLC - it is really simple to avoid them.

I know the feeling of beeing surrounded by spoilers - last days, my favourite author released his new book, 4th in the cycle I'm reading and I love. Now 20% of recommended youtube video are reviews, reactions, thoughts and sample chapters. Everything to ruin and spoil the book before I read it. I know how hard is to avoid them, and that is - not really hard at all. I just ignore the videos, not blaming the author he allowed random people review his book. It's been few weeks now, and you know what - it is really working.

There are many people who are hyped for the DLC and want to know everything as soon as possible. If you are not one of them - it is really easy to avoid spoilers, there is no need to blame KLEI for everything

Okay, maybe you're right. I guess I'm wind up more than I really am, just because I'm upset. I was expecting something epic, because the developers were so stubbornly silent and hid everything. And in the end, all this was done the way it was done. I cannot blame someone if my expectations and point of view do not coincide with others. I'm wrong, sorry.

3 hours ago, goboking said:
  • How small are the starting and off-world asteroid relative to what we've got now? 

You can see the mud asteroid here at 42:30:

Not sure how universal this is. Later other asteroids seems to be the same size (at 56:00 for example). Maybe there are options for larger worlds, but as an incentive to have distributed colonies it seems about right

2 minutes ago, aresd said:

I was expecting something epic

Well, for me that night was epic, I couldn't sleep before 7am, constantly checking new stuff. It was a good time :) But I understand why someone might feel different. I hope proper release will reach to you soon, and I hope you will have blast plaing the DLC for the first time :) Stay strong, avoid the spoilers and when the time comes - have fun :)

1 minute ago, Alfons100 said:

Eesh, the Saturn Critter plant outright eats and digests things? That's a little macabre

It's probably more humane than the drowning chambers I've been using.  At least this way I can tell myself it's nature taking its course.

1 hour ago, pether said:

Well, for me that night was epic, I couldn't sleep before 7am, constantly checking new stuff. It was a good time :) But I understand why someone might feel different. I hope proper release will reach to you soon, and I hope you will have blast plaing the DLC for the first time :) Stay strong, avoid the spoilers and when the time comes - have fun :)

I listened to an Italian guy on Utube playing the dlc before I went asleep - I dont speak sexy Italiano !

It seems we ONi addicted have mutated in to window lickers, eager to lick new information. Like the new crawly worms, cant remember the Italian name anymore !

me, oni window licker. aye.. :)

9 hours ago, Tsabo said:

What's the history here?
I only got base ONI a couple of months ago and I've noticed electrum in the database but never seen it in-game. But I've also never got to more than 30,000km in rocketry; I assumed it was space-solid-cargo-able and I just never got my hands on it. No?

it has been a resource in the past afaik. was removed, now has a new life... we will see, i did not see it anywhere yet. Only a few hours of DLC seen so far.

Person last night ended up with 70+ viewers, a good opportunity at ground floor for content creators out there. This is your chance to build a fresh community. Take it. Opportunities like this are sparse and rare. It is incredibly ripe atm.

Supersoldier Program: Troy - Beach Assault

3 hours ago, pether said:

is it brandon sanderson?

Archived