Favorite giants to fight?

Which ones do you like fighting the most?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite DST giant mobs to fight? (Multiple choice)

• Ancient Fuelweaver
    • Ancient Guardian
    • Antlion
    • Bearger
    • Bee Queen
    • Crab King
    • Deerclops
    • Dragonfly
    • Klaus
    • Malbatross
    • Moose Goose
    • Shadow Pieces
    • Spider Queen
    • Toadstool
    • Misery Toadstool
    • Treeguards
  2. 2. If you played the DLCs, what are your favorite single-player DS giants to fight?

• Ancient Herald
    • Iron Hulk
    • Palm Treeguards
    • Pugalisk
    • Quacken
    • Queen Wormant
    • Sealnado
    • Tiger Shark
    • I haven't played the DLCs (option added post-edit)

With or without cheese, in group or solo, just generally, which ones bring you the most joy or satisfaction? Another topic is discussing the combat system and it got me curious about what fights are the most entertaining to our dear forumites.

(Keep in mind the results might get skewed against bosses that are less commonly faced by the community.)

I just absolutely love soloing Spider Queen and her broodlings. Not a super challenging fight, but I love the element of mild surprise of her sending a warrior spider as oppsosed to a regular one, and how the more complicated kiting pattern against the warriors can lead me to get into akward positions as I'm trying to deal with the warrior + the Queen.

I love it, but I don't see people ever mentioning that fight.

Ancient Fuelweaver seems like the most interesting, but I didn't vote it since the only way I have defeated it was by doing the not-so-fun Houndius Shootius cheese.

23 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I just absolutely love soloing Spider Queen and her broodlings. Not a super challenging fight, but I love the element of mild surprise of her sending a warrior spider as oppsosed to a regular one, and how the more complicated kiting pattern against the warriors can lead me to get into akward positions as I'm trying to deal with the warrior + the Queen.

i thought its was only me. I love fighting them and fightign them as woodie or wortox is so fun

edit: ancient fuelweaver, ancient hulk and klaus are the most fun fights and treeguard coconuts are hilarious

edit2: bee queen is one of my fav fights because of how many ways there is to kill her.

now we all know the BEST boss RIGHHHT...its easily malbatross like duh who were you thinking?klaus?toadstool?nah of course its malbatross(in my opinion please dont kill me its just my opinion)

so i will explain why malbatross is my favourite boss (well my favourite always changes but malbatross is ALWAYS in the top 3)

so number one their decent health. this to some might make malbatross easy and boring which i can see why malbatross can die way too easily at times but when youre playing solo using something like a tentacle spike or a battle spear the fight can last for quite a bit because malbatross has max health of 5000 which in my opinion is a fair amount.

number 2 their loot. i really like the loot that malbatross drops that loot being the malbatross bill and the malbatross feathers.i like how the malbatross bill can make that one tedious part finish faster(which if anyone wants my opinion on the tedious part yeah its tedious but it usually finishes too quickly for ME to notice)i also like the amount of malbatross feathers given upon killing them that usually being around 20-30(for me at least)thus giving you reason to fight them again so then you can make a second winged sail to make your boat even faster 

number 3 my stupidity.so this reason sounds dumb and may just be me whos like this but whenever im preparing my stuff for malbatross im always like:Oh MaLbATrosS thEYre SucH a EaSy boS5 and then i prepare like nothing for the fight like for and example let me tell your my favourite fight with malbatross ever (and maybe even my favourite fight in the entire game)so let me set the scene its early autumn during summer i had killed ancient fuelweaver and got some bone armor and i had just dealt with bearger so i go to my base and start "preparing"for malbatross by preparing all i did was grab my now at 50% bone armor, 2 battle helms one at 15% durability and one at 95%durability,3 healing salves and most importantly one battle spear with 40% durability and one dark sword at 58%durability(those arent the exact numbers but they were very similar)and i was also playing as a wendy so i go on my boat that has nothing but a driftwood oar and i go to the shoal close to my base so i catch the fish and the fight starts. it was all going smooth sailing until my bone armor reached o% percent which got me worried so then i start to kite to the best of my ability which isnt much because i soon break both of my helms and take a hit(Or two) after that.i was really close to dying so i used those 3 healing salves and continued to kite to the best of my ability. so im doing okayish when i realize that both my battle spear and dark sword are low so i start to panic knowing that i was going to die so i break my spear and start using my dark sword which was now at 3% and i kid you not the last hit with my dark sword ends up killing malbatross leaving me both relived and shocked that i won.now this kinda story can happen with any boss but for me it happened with malbatross and i continue to bring low amounts of gear every time because..of my stupidity (am even on topic anymore because i am talking about why love malbatross)

tldr:reasons i like malbatross 1.the moderate amount of health.2.the loot that they give.3.my stupidity 

to anyone who read this long talk about the BEST boss in the game..thank you(also why would you even waste your time reading this?)

k bye  

3 minutes ago, stranger again said:

now we all know the BEST boss RIGHHHT...its easily malbatross like duh who were you thinking?klaus?toadstool?nah of course its malbatross(in my opinion please dont kill me its just my opinion)

My only complain about the malbatross is that whenever Im not in a good condition to fight him, he spawns, and when I want to fight it, it doesnt spawn anywhere, so I have never really fought him

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i love the feeling of going back to land after a fight with the sails destroyed. Is like the calm after the storm

i dont use sails when i fight malbatross why?because im stupid but yes i can agree coming back to land after killing malbatross is great

Klaus is my favourite boss. Hes got everything I want in a boss fight. Hes simple but fun, a double swipe attack, a chomp attack, a fire spell and ice spell but yet it's just so fun to me and interesting. His design in general I love too, hes hecking creepy! with stitched eyes and him using his sense of smell to find the player.

He is in my eyes a perfect boss, there is nothing else I'd want.

1 minute ago, stranger again said:

i dont use sails when i fight malbatross why?because im stupid but yes i can agree coming back to land after killing malbatross is great

i use web sails on main boat at fight him, anyway i will change them xD and is so epic

edit: why nobody likes ancient herald? i know the fight is dumb but the aporkalypse ambience is so cool. And fighting him at the hamlet makes you feel like the piggy hero saving the city. Finishing the war with builds destroyeds (also i like the place because everything will get fixed by piggy builders after the aporkalypse)

Klaus is my favourite. I like bosses having different stages in a fight. Also his rewards are always a surprise wether its a good or a bad one lol.
I also enjoy killing Treeguards and Deerclops, just because of how easy they are to kill. It's kind of relaxinf i don't know why :p 

Also eyebrella is one of the things i like to craft as soon as possible.

Klaus is by far my favourite fight. Can you edit polls on these forums? I can't vote for Klaus without also voting for a DLC boss, but I haven't fought every DLC boss so I don't want to answer that question. If it's possible an option for something like "Haven't played enough to answer" for the second one would be great.

I'm surprised Dragonfly isn't voted higher since she's a good source of free heat during the winter and a source of gems. I'm also kinda surprised toadstool is highly voted since I found him way too tanky and his drops not very useful. No surprise that Klaus is the highest voted since he is both fair and rewarding. 

I love fighting the Fuelweaver and Klaus. I find that the latter is an especially well-designed boss–the fight is engaging, it has interesting mechanics, it isn't easy enough to become boring yet it also isn't tedious enough to become annoying. Plus the battle music is fantasic!

The Fuelweaver is also an enjoyable boss, but with a bit of practice, since it's a difficult fight. A single mistake like letting the boss heal a bit too much with its Weaverlings could cost you the entire run. I personally find having to very quickly switch between items in your inventory while also paying attention to the arena the most difficult part, but once the boss is defeated I find the difficulty very rewarding. 

25 minutes ago, IrisNetwork said:

Dragonfly

The reason I haven't voted the Dragonfly is because I usually fight her solo and the only way I know how to do so is with walls, tanking and a panflute, which isn't very engaging. I definetly fight her for her loot, not for the battle itself. 

Klaus and Dragonfly are probably my favorite among the raid bosses, because they can be fought solo without cheesing (unless walls to stop the lavaes count as cheesing?)

I do cheese Klaus with a lureplant from the 2nd winter onwards, but that's more out of convenience; I only get 15 days of winter a year and I don't wanna waste them.

As for Dragonfly, she is just so darn satisfying to fight when you've learned how to kite her. I mean, I still struggle to avoid that first swipe even with cane, road and magiluminescence, but once you get into a rhythm, it's so nice to be able to run laps around a 27.5k HP boss. Plus, she's kinda etched into my memory, cause when I first fought her in my current world, I screwed up so bad that most of my armor broke halfway through the fight and I had to make do with a magiluminescence and a thulecite armor that could take 3 hits at most.

The other bosses are either unimpressive (Deerclops, Moose/Goose), unfought (Bearger; always gets killed by treeguards) or just too tedious to fight solo without cheesing. I'm looking at you Bee Queen, you big, yellow brain-dead resource sink.

I like the Dragonfly fight the most because there are rewards for dealing more damage such as the extra scale and the scaled furnace is the item I like the most out of all the boss drops.

Tigershark just looks really funny and has great visuals and animations

Goose/Moose is kinda hilarious, usually away from base and quite easy... And I like Weather Pain. 

I hate Bearger not because of ability of handling him or not, but because its annoying "warning" and most of its warnings are "fake", until last days of Autumn.

Ancient Fuleweaver has most satisfying m death even if done in cheese way. 

My favorite is the one not on this list.. WintersFeast Deerclops.

For those who have yet to experience WintersFeast I will put this into a Spoiler tag so they can not have that content spoiled for them.

Spoiler

Winter Clops gains the powers of Eyebeam lasers at Christmas time and  I also enjoy Gingerbread Varg & how during WF the mobs each have unique skins, I was kind of upset that Hallowed Night's didn’t get appropriately spooky content like that- but I also understand Klei is super busy with Return of Them/Character Reworks/QOL Updates that- I can wait till next year to get any changes to the Hallowed Nights event/ bosses.

Something as simple as changing regular bats to Hamlet style vampire bats would make it feel more unique but regardless- as far as the choices in this poll go I would love to be able to choose Winter Clops- it’s  darker colors and Red glowing eye make him feel super special during that time of year.

Archived