What do you think would make good merchandise for DST?

After seeing merchandise from "For Fans By Fans" for Deep Rock Galactic it got me thinking, what would (on top of plushies) make for good souvenirs in the Klei store in your opinion? What designs would you like to see on a shirt or mug?

Another run of the vinyl figures and not the funko pop ones. It would be nice to get some of the newer characters from DST their own figures and also give those who didn't get a chance to get the original run of figures to get their favorite character. I also wouldn't make them blind box figures either.

just as an extra plushie, a well made version of bernie or ashley.

for other items, a physical copy of some of the books including; A cookbook that acts like an empty journal to catalog your own recipes, A Codex Umbra packed with lore a la Journal 3. A few tiny structures like alchemy engines and fire pits.

I would wear the HELL out of a t-shirt that had the classic DST artwork on it, you know, that picture of Wilson and Willow, with the torch and the things chasing behind them?  And of course the title across the front, in that font.  And the Klei logo in the lower corner maybe.

Don't know how well that art style would transfer to cloth, but I'd love to find out.  :)

...Notorious

3 hours ago, TheDoughboy1917 said:

Another run of the vinyl figures and not the funko pop ones. It would be nice to get some of the newer characters from DST their own figures and also give those who didn't get a chance to get the original run of figures to get their favorite character. I also wouldn't make them blind box figures either.

This! I got these guys a few years back and I've been hoping they make some figures for newer characters. Also a Maxwell with in-game proportions would be nice...
20201024_030900.jpg

I made a whole thread a while back about how it would be cool to have DST Lego; it seems financially implausible since most of the licensed Lego is from much bigger franchises, but it's a pipe-dream I enjoy.

Most of the other things I want are reproductions of in-game equipment in real life and at human scale. Reproductions of the Elegant backpack skins; I'd pay quite a bit of money for a real-life Smallbird Satchel, Spider Sack, Koalefant Knapsack, Carrat Pack, or Crabpack that didn't require me to either custom-commission someone or learn to sew my own backpacks. Replicas of in-game weapons, especially the more distinctive ones like the Tentacle Spike, Morning Star, and Thulecite Club. More reproductions of in-game hats; the Winter Hat is a good start, but it's not used a lot on most servers after the first winter and it's one of the least distinctive-looking, whereas Wigfrid hats are always relevant.

That and plushies and figurines of more of the mobs, bosses especially. (I still want a little plastic Ancient Fuelweaver with a removable head.) For that matter, plushies of the characters, with their in-game proportions. There are so many mobs that could be plushies and are not. Smallbirds! Beardlings! The Ancient Herald! Volt Goats! Frogs! The Toadstool! A full set of seasonal giants to match the Deerclops plushie!

For most other franchises I couldn't care less about Funko pops but the first series of these were really good so it'd be nice to have four more characters in that format, plus a fresh production run of series 1 since they're getting difficult to find.

More merchandise of characters who aren't Wilson, just in general. Especially the DLC and DST characters who weren't even around for the blind box figurines, but most of the non-Wilson characters have either no merch or one (1) Funko pop aside from those anyway. Note that I'm not saying less Wilson merch; I'm saying that there should be more merch of everybody.

Return of the vinyl figures, maybe more Funko Pops, more plushies (maybe some nightmare creatures? not sure how good that would look), and more t-shirt designs! Some shirts with individual characters might work well. Pairs of survivors might be good too, like some of the Steam trading card designs.

I really like the idea of a Codex Umbra notebook as well! Even though I already have too many drawing notebooks with less than 10 pages actually drawn in... 

I forgot one... GingerPig Cookies.. because yeah.. they can have them both as actual eatable cookies, AND as Rubber Toys like Gumby (please tell me at least someone in these forums remembers Gumby..) It was a Rubber toy with Wires inside that allowed for bending and posing of the doll.

GINGERPIG GUMBY.. I Want it.. because- If it was real cookie it would be eaten, or ruin and then I wouldn’t have it anymore. :( 

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I forgot one... GingerPig Cookies.. because yeah.. they can have them both as actual eatable cookies, AND as Rubber Toys like Gumby (please tell me at least someone in these forums remembers Gumby..) It was a Rubber toy with Wires inside that allowed for bending and posing of the doll.

GINGERPIG GUMBY.. I Want it.. because- If it was real cookie it would be eaten, or ruin and then I wouldn’t have it anymore. :( 

Food might be a bit difficult for a gaming company 

17 minutes ago, Mantas said:

I want the triumphant Wormwood plushie, the eye opened one that would wanna stare at me each night I sleep up up from my bookshelves.

It also sounds like triumphant wormwood can work as a mini lamp, or a figure with a glowing eye, not sure what material fits best for the eye though.

5 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Bodypillows 

i mean. you could just commission someone for artwork of that and tape it to one of your pillows.

10 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I made a whole thread a while back about how it would be cool to have DST Lego; it seems financially implausible since most of the licensed Lego is from much bigger franchises, but it's a pipe-dream I enjoy.

Most of the other things I want are reproductions of in-game equipment in real life and at human scale. Reproductions of the Elegant backpack skins; I'd pay quite a bit of money for a real-life Smallbird Satchel, Spider Sack, Koalefant Knapsack, Carrat Pack, or Crabpack that didn't require me to either custom-commission someone or learn to sew my own backpacks. Replicas of in-game weapons, especially the more distinctive ones like the Tentacle Spike, Morning Star, and Thulecite Club. More reproductions of in-game hats; the Winter Hat is a good start, but it's not used a lot on most servers after the first winter and it's one of the least distinctive-looking, whereas Wigfrid hats are always relevant.

That and plushies and figurines of more of the mobs, bosses especially. (I still want a little plastic Ancient Fuelweaver with a removable head.) For that matter, plushies of the characters, with their in-game proportions. There are so many mobs that could be plushies and are not. Smallbirds! Beardlings! The Ancient Herald! Volt Goats! Frogs! The Toadstool! A full set of seasonal giants to match the Deerclops plushie!

For most other franchises I couldn't care less about Funko pops but the first series of these were really good so it'd be nice to have four more characters in that format, plus a fresh production run of series 1 since they're getting difficult to find.

More merchandise of characters who aren't Wilson, just in general. Especially the DLC and DST characters who weren't even around for the blind box figurines, but most of the non-Wilson characters have either no merch or one (1) Funko pop aside from those anyway. Note that I'm not saying less Wilson merch; I'm saying that there should be more merch of everybody.

please. wilson might be my favourite character but good lord i would love to see more merch of characters like WX-78.

Archived