Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

OrdoXenos

Why is Factorio a sandbox without flaws?

This game has:
-Adjustment of automation of resource delivery
-Strong monsters and their settlements that react to the degree of your development
-Final: for the sake of which you need to do something incredible

And starve should have similar gameplay elements, as if the locals didn’t shout that “this is a sandbox, there should be no ending here”.

20 minutes ago, OrdoXenos said:

This game has:
-Strong monsters and their settlements that react to the degree of your development

And starve should have similar gameplay elements, as if the locals didn’t shout that “this is a sandbox, there should be no ending here”.

You’re comparing apples and oranges bud.

Doesn't Factorio play like, completely differently though? Plus I think it's still early in development too, so a lot could change. 

Also I'd recommend using mods like Uncompromising Mode, Thirst, or Myth Characters if you want a change in experience; I know mods aren't official, but they certainly can enhance your Don't Starve experience and I know many people who frequent these forums whom both make and use them freely, and supporting them is always appreciated.

If I may suggest, if you like Factorio why not play Deep Rock Galactic then? Not a sandbox, but it has some pretty similar elements and may suit your style a bit better; plus, there's enough content to last you hundreds of hours and more is being made every month.

I guess is because it has

Campaign mode
-The ability to reach the final of the game - a portal to the real world
-Get items from bosses that will remain forever
-Dungeon mode in which the console does not work and in which there are rewards
-NPC hero, who will give quests
-Log, on which you can sit by the fire and restore your sanity
-Normal walls that protect from hounds for a long time
-Observation towers from which you can shoot at monsters
-Real dangerous monsters who always attack everyone, from which valuable things fall
-Give Wilson his own special features other than a beard
-Different game modes like tower defense
-Submit content from DLC (Hamlet shipwrecked) to DST

3 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

This game has:

Are you still crying because no one care your opinion about make Don't Starve Together a different game?

Take this I think you need it a lot:

tissues-1000849_1280.thumb.png.dd70a3907fe8bc7df317f406e2ba584b.png

Why is fortnite a game without flaws? It has:

-fps

-devs that listen to the community to make their game an fps

-fps

-battle royale mechanics

And don't starve should have similar gameplay elements, as if the locals didn't shout that "this is survival game, not fps"

Why is Don't Starve a sandbox with few flaws?

• Great artstyle.
  • Great style in general, I'm particularly fond of the characters being voiced by instruments.
  • Great quotes, having both serious and funny ones.
  • Doesn't need automation, scaling enemies, or a predetermined "end goal" to be entertaining. In fact, it strives on the fact that it has none of these and completely allows the players to do what they want.

Did you know that originally there was pre-set goals like you keep asking for? Klei removed them because players stopped playing when they completed them all. With no goal you set your own goals, you set your own directions. You only stop playing when you want to, not when you've "completed the game".

Oh hi it is me.. the guy people probably hate seeing post anything anywhere- Hey listen I’m awfully sorry about this but I am going to Hi-Jack your thread the way that I have always done by going completely off-topic and bringing up whatever randomly pops into my head & so.. I am here to simply say that-

HALLOWEEN IS 27 DAYS AWAY..

K Thanks that is all I have to contribute here, Bye :) <3

*sigh* These threads...

Factorio isn't really comparable to DS/T. They may have some similarities, such as being awesome, but they're just about completely different genres.

Also, I think that hamsters would like Factorio more than Don't Starve: if you put the conveyor belts in a circle, it would look a bit like a spinning hamster wheel.

5 hours ago, Owlrus said:

Plus I think it's still early in development too, so a lot could change. 

It was officially released a couple months ago after 4 years of early access development.

I want to say this before this thread is closed:

You seem to keep desperately seeking for attention. I do not usually comment in post like these, because I know they are mostly trolls or people like you that doesn't understand that a game doesn't revolve around you. Don't Starve has their own meaning and its own way to be, the game serves its purpose, it doesn't matter if other sandboxes have achievements and endings, Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are a different experiences, and comparing them with Factorio or other sandbox games is, as they already said, compare apples and oranges. I know there are things that are rusty and need to be fixed, but most of what you are saying is to change the bases of the game, and that is not what Don't Starve needs.

8 hours ago, OrdoXenos said:

This game has:

don't starve isn't a game about fabricating resources and automation, it's a game where you try to survive and where your game ends after dying.

the only thing dst should borrow from factorio is cliffs, which can be destroyed with gunpowder, so this will stimulate players to collect nitre and make this explosive thing to destroy cliffs and expand their base, imho. everything else is just excessive and won't make a great addition to gameplay.

Sir, by order of the Ordos Hereticus, under the authority of Lord Fyodor Karamazov, I must ask that you stop bringing shame to the inquisition through your asinine suggestions and desire to change the very nature of the game you are currently on the forums for.