Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

11 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Not dst related but I heard klei forums had an emote removed. What emote was it?

I think the Klei forums use some sort of pre-made forum architecture you can purchase the rights to or something, because Guild Wars' forums look identical even with the same stock reactions. You can see Confused in this picture:

image.png.5655d8c4cbcb2328f97dde8c1cbff665.png

Awhile ago Klei removed Confused & Haha, bringing in their own Klei specific reactions, but then later they brought back Haha due to popular demand. Unfortuantely, all Hahas previously reacted disintegrated into the aether, and the Haha economy has never recovered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

The confused emote.

IIRC it was removed because it was used as an equivalent to a dislike.

Very unfortunate. Now instead of doing harmless emote I have to go out of my way and make a reply to let people know their ideas suck. 

• Haha 3
  • Shopcat 1
  • GL Happy 1
  • Spooky 1

9 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Very unfortunate. Now instead of doing harmless emote I have to go out of my way and make a reply to let people know their ideas suck. 

proceed to post a lot of awful ideas

• Sad Dupe 1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:05 AM, Cheggf said:

I think the Klei forums use some sort of pre-made forum architecture you can purchase the rights to or something

obraz.png.71fcfdb64773ef7ada06399ef7c10564.png

Right at the bottom of the page, you can buy and make your own forum for discussing toast and jellyfish

• Like 1
  • Hunger 2

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

obraz.png.71fcfdb64773ef7ada06399ef7c10564.png

Right at the bottom of the page, you can buy and make your own forum for discussing toast and jellyfish

Wow! These are some expensive prices! Although I guess probably not for a company like Klei. I wonder which one they're going for.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:05 AM, Cheggf said:

I think the Klei forums use some sort of pre-made forum architecture you can purchase the rights to or something, because Guild Wars' forums look identical even with the same stock reactions. You can see Confused in this picture:

image.png.5655d8c4cbcb2328f97dde8c1cbff665.png

Awhile ago Klei removed Confused & Haha, bringing in their own Klei specific reactions, but then later they brought back Haha due to popular demand. Unfortuantely, all Hahas previously reacted disintegrated into the aether, and the Haha economy has never recovered.

I want it back. 

Everyone uses the wavy hand and shopcat as dislike buttons which is worse. I would rather Klei straight up add a dislike button so everyone stops using these. Shopcat was meant to mean "big brain move".

• Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

On 3/11/2024 at 9:52 AM, arubaro said:

Tried it when was released. It needed a lot of QoL because using the monkeys was annoying and there where certain stuff that i can't remeber that I didnt enjoy

I know they added more stuff after i dropped it so maybe they changed and improved the stuff that was annoying

The concept was cool and had potential so maybe today is a good game 

Just wanted to provide an update, so I went ahead and bought this game.. and I’m really glad that I did, it has a lot of the features that I feel like DST is missing.

Mainly- Smarter Followers, More Combat in day to day world exploration, Base Raid/Defenses, & Trapped Temples.

I haven’t played A LOT of this game, but I really like how little raiders show up with crossbows and stuff, and the more varied Combat, (such as fast strike attack or hold for more powerful charged attack) 

My favorite part of the game by far so far is the ability the hand tools to your monkey followers, and then to hold in a command that gets them to “Record” what you do as your character, such as for example- if you give them an axe & then you chop a tree with your own Axe, they will start chopping trees.

If you pick up wood on the ground and you carry that to a storage box and insert it- Monkey See, Monkey Do..

Its really fun and equipping these apes with Torches, Tools & Weapons makes me realize that DST Really really REALLY needs a Follower update.

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1

23 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I want it back. 

Everyone uses the wavy hand and shopcat as dislike buttons which is worse. I would rather Klei straight up add a dislike button so everyone stops using these. Shopcat was meant to mean "big brain move".

YES. I AGREE. By the way, what does Wavey mean (and Spool, Potato Cup, and the three status indicators)?

• Ninja 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, The Starver said:

YES. I AGREE. By the way, what does Wavey mean (and Spool, Potato Cup, and the three status indicators)?

They mean whatever you want them to mean tbh

• Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 2

1 hour ago, The Starver said:

Sainity is for smart, health is an alternate heart emoji, hunger is just incase you feel hungery

4 minutes ago, The Starver said:

What forum would I put a creepypasta in?

The tales one.

• Thanks 1

What if Klei made "Pocket Mode" when you play DST on the Steam Link app on mobile? Instead of the screen being a controller emulator, you play the controls DS:PE had (with a few improvements to that if possible) but everything else is modern DST and whatnots.

This is probably gonna be an impossible wish to implement but I still imagine it being kinda playable if it ever exists. (emphasis on kinda)

• Thanks 1

I have a question about Cannons & Cannonballs, I’ve never used these in DST, But how viable are they for an actual Boss Fight?

like what I mean is can I place a boat just out of range of crab king and all it’s attacks & then just Fire away at it with canons?

And if this WOULD work, which other bosses would it be useable on?

I want some actual valid strategy’s so please don’t tell me Cheese methods.

I figure that for example if I can activate the Antlion boss fight and then leave her sand castle entrapment I could then fire canonballs up over her castle walls to kill her pretty much risk free.

Which again would not be considered “cheese” because I’m using a valid weapon the game gives me and using canonballs for their intended purposes of aiming them and firing them at stuff..

Which is a lot more then I can say for certain obstacles that shouldn’t be indestructible, being indestructible and blocking enemy pathfinding A.I.

before I invest all the time and effort into cannons and canonballs, can they even be used effectively?

Im no game designer or anything but I kinda like to think that firing canonballs at toadstools mushtrees would effectively mow through them efficiently.

Edited by Mike23Ua

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

like what I mean is can I place a boat just out of range of crab king and all it’s attacks & then just Fire away at it with canons?

Cannons have a very big push back when you fire one so you can't really stay in range for long. For the toadstool thing unless you make the boss spawn the trees in the exact same spot i don't think it's really worth it over just cutting it with glass axes

Edited by gamehun20
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want some actual valid strategy’s so please don’t tell me Cheese methods.

What is your definition for that?  b/c there are a LOT of bosses you can kill with a cannon if you insist on it... but the setup would be no different than using a lureplant.

Edited by Yuuko

1 hour ago, Cassielu said:

zero, no exaggeration

I killed stage 3 CC with cannons it wasn't that bad. Just gotta dodge lazers early to not smash the cannon and rebuild it if a crystal lands on it. 

• Like 1

is there anyway to change Vote system in Dedicated server? is there any way for me to tweak it somewhere in the file ? 
like if the server only have one person that one person can trigger vote to rollback instead of waiting for admin to rollback for em.
or remove regenerate vote entirely.