Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

DST recently got a world Gen toggle so that your world DOES get deleted if you die

I know you love permadeath mike but that's months ago?:-?

Your perception of time is a bit different eh?

• Wavey 1

50 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And the game has a huge and quite weird over obsession with Boss Battles.

I doubt I’d even still be playing DST if DS was ever updated to support my DST skin collection.

Because the two games in my opinion don’t even feel like they’re in the same Genre of video game anymore.

DST has these powerful character reworks & these Bonkers RPG-Like character skill trees and skill points, and Solo DS just wasn’t anything like that.. 

I feel like I’m the odd ball out, but Surely I can’t be the only one who is starting to feel like this?

Since this game's beta I've had an IV pumping hopium in my veins for boss health scaling. It wouldn't make them less of a focus but at least it'd make it a little more balanced between server sizes. My problem isn't the amount of bosses, it's that they feel too overwhelming alone but way too easy in a group.

I generally agree with your criticisms, it feels like a different genre but that's to be expected with a multiplayer "sequel of sorts". Even though I mostly play solo I personally prefer a lot of things about DST, mostly just quality of life changes and stuff like condensed caves, less frequent but more challenging mob attacks, and tankier mobs in general. It's just difficult in a different way. But to answer your initial question, no, skins are never coming to singleplayer. I'd like it too, but it's just totally incompatible.

Edited by comonavi
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, loonreaper said:

Sorry for yet another question but I've been playing a lot of Wolfgang lately. I have trouble versus bee queen. I've tried a lot of different ways but it takes too much effort and resources for me and I just want jellybeans. The easiest way to beat her is to get bee queen to phase 3-4 and just allow a transformed twins of terror to kill her. I want to try bunnymen though. I went to the ruins and made a ton of decon staffs and construction amulets but I could still only build 16 bunny hutches from my RNG. So now I have to grow a carrot farm and slowly kill bunnymen to build up the army. 

I don't have any tips specifically about Bunnymen vs Bee Queen

For Twin Terrors v Bee Queen though - you don't need to get Bee Queen to phase 3-4 for Twin Terrors to take her out.  Just get the Twin Terrors to rage mode, and they can usually kill Bee Queen from 100 to dead in 1 winter night on their own.

For Oven vs Bee Queen - if you just want those jelly beans and you don't care that you're using a jank cheese oven you can do this.  For characters that don't bring anything interesting to the fight I'll use an oven sometimes just to ease over the process.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys think they’ll ever let us use our DST skins in the original Dont Starve? Cause I’m just going to be brutally honest with y’all at this point, I loved the original DS, I loved its two DLC expansions- I loved how if I bought a dlc world I could use characters from that DLC world (such as Walani) in Hamlet or the base game. I loved how elements of those worlds could be added to standard gameplay with the DLC compatibility settings.

fr I'd love to go back to DS and SW except everything looks so bland without the skins lol.  I wish they would do this, but I don't think they will.

DST is definitely like DS RoG took a different direction.  SW and Hamlet were more about all encompassing environments then they were boss battles.  Not that all of their bosses were easy, but the focus was often on the environment, like hurricane season, volcanoes, poison, forest, etc.  DST went more RoGGGGGGGGG route with more more more giants.  I think the main reason was to build up the multiplayer aspect of the game, and really that would be fine b/c I could always load up DS / SW when I wanted to play those but... then I see that I don't have any skins and cry T_T 

DST recently got a world Gen toggle so that your world DOES get deleted if you die, but the rest of the game isn’t balanced around that.. your still having to unfairly fight multiplayer designed bosses and mobs.

This is actually one of my oldest desires with DST.  There is a setting to cut the respawn timer, and to auto-regen the world, but what is missing is DS style resurrection.  I like the hard core aspect of DS, and DST's style ressing does kinda kill that.  In DS you'd have to commune with the touch stone or build a meat effigy in advance, or wear an LGA when you died to get a res.  It felt like you still had the hard core perma-death with a way to steal an extra chance.  In DST you can just have an LGA in your inventory so there is no trade off in equips, or you could leave it away in a safe zone.  You can also wait to haunt it until there is a favorable time.  Meat effigies don't cut your max health, etc.  Things like this make me feel bad when I res, very similar to how I feel bad when I roll back, so I often blank my worlds at these points.  I don't officially play "hard core" DST where I auto-kill my world if I die, its more that the guilt gets me b/c of some of the casual-ification of DST.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Yuuko said:

fr I'd love to go back to DS and SW except everything looks so bland without the skins lol.  I wish they would do this, but I don't think they will

you could probably have that by playing island adventures with mods for turning reworks off

42 minutes ago, Keigo said:

anyone know why armored bearger didnt spawn after killing bearger?, i already killed lunar varg so rifts should be active.

I've had rifts cut off mid-fight and not get the bear, did you check that they were still active after the fight?

Also was the bear on fire while you fought him?  If they are on fire when they die, then you don't get the zombie version.

1 hour ago, Keigo said:

anyone know why armored bearger didnt spawn after killing bearger?, i already killed lunar varg so rifts should be active.

Killing one of the three lunar planar bosses instantly decreases waves of Brightshade Gestalts by 1.

If that was the last wave, the rift will be closed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fufuji said:

Killing one of the three lunar planar bosses instantly decreases waves of Brightshade Gestalts by 1.

If that was the last wave, the rift will be closed.

hmm i see i though it was active all the time, is there an indicator when they are active?

On 3/2/2024 at 11:57 PM, Yuuko said:

I don't have any tips specifically about Bunnymen vs Bee Queen

For Twin Terrors v Bee Queen though - you don't need to get Bee Queen to phase 3-4 for Twin Terrors to take her out.  Just get the Twin Terrors to rage mode, and they can usually kill Bee Queen from 100 to dead in 1 winter night on their own.

For Oven vs Bee Queen - if you just want those jelly beans and you don't care that you're using a jank cheese oven you can do this.  For characters that don't bring anything interesting to the fight I'll use an oven sometimes just to ease over the process.

Really miss having Wendy / Willow / Maxwell versus bee queen. I feel so bad because I'm using Wolfgang and I still can't beat her without cheese. She's by far the hardest boss for me for whatever reason.I watched a video of Guille (Yeah I know, probably shouldn't use him as a reference point) take a no-hit fight using Wurt, a thucelite club, mag and an interesting square setup of cobble stone to dodge her. 

At this point I have 25 bunnymen that still get owned even if I get her down to half health. It's really just the late 3rd and 4th phase i need to deal with. I have a few more cheeses left to try. I really don't want to resort to Winona or character switching but I'm gonna try these:

1) Bramble armor (looks fun too) 2) Ice flingo + stacks of hay 3) Scale mail + flingo (I have too many scales anyway). 

3 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

Really miss having Wendy / Willow / Maxwell versus bee queen. I feel so bad because I'm using Wolfgang and I still can't beat her without cheese. She's by far the hardest boss for me for whatever reason.I watched a video of Guille (Yeah I know, probably shouldn't use him as a reference point) take a no-hit fight using Wurt, a thucelite club, mag and an interesting square setup of cobble stone to dodge her. 

At this point I have 25 bunnymen that still get owned even if I get her down to half health. It's really just the late 3rd and 4th phase i need to deal with. I have a few more cheeses left to try. I really don't want to resort to Winona or character switching but I'm gonna try these:

1) Bramble armor (looks fun too) 2) Ice flingo + stacks of hay 3) Scale mail + flingo (I have too many scales anyway). 

Have you tried this method?

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Keigo said:

hmm i see i though it was active all the time, is there an indicator when they are active?

Look for the hunts. If they have hound tooth on them. Then it means there is a active rift on the map.

35 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Have you tried this method?

Hide contents

Yes I have! That biome is amusingly filled with failed projects. There is a boat with a flingomatic on the side, trapped pigs right next to it, an inactive terrarium infront of the hive, 2 cobble stone roads going east and west from the hive, a stone cross (like in the video you sent), and now in those are about 20 bunny hutches. I was thinking of trying this one again after letting teh bunnymen get her to stage 3 during the night. I mean with the brightshade sword that really is only around 80 hits, or 8-10 cycles of running from the screen and landing 6 hits inbetween the screeches. 

• Haha 2

Every time I’ve asked what sad dupe means other then sad because we already have a sad reaction people just use the the sad dupe reaction instead of answering 

can anyone tell me why this is happening 

• Sad Dupe 4

56 minutes ago, Dr.Webber said:

Every time I’ve asked what sad dupe means other then sad because we already have a sad reaction people just use the the sad dupe reaction instead of answering 

Because no one actually knows, it's just another sad reaction.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Webber said:

Dupe is short for Dupelicate.  Yes ppl just can't spell.  It is called that because there are two sad faces, it is the duplicate option for when you need a different one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, loonreaper said:

Yes I have! That biome is amusingly filled with failed projects. There is a boat with a flingomatic on the side, trapped pigs right next to it, an inactive terrarium infront of the hive, 2 cobble stone roads going east and west from the hive, a stone cross (like in the video you sent), and now in those are about 20 bunny hutches. I was thinking of trying this one again after letting teh bunnymen get her to stage 3 during the night. I mean with the brightshade sword that really is only around 80 hits, or 8-10 cycles of running from the screen and landing 6 hits inbetween the screeches. 

Flingo on a boat is the easiest one to pull off and the most easy to kill her. Just press f.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:52 AM, Swiyss said:

Flingo on a boat is the easiest one to pull off and the most easy to kill her. Just press f.

So the easiest thing I've found so far is using bramble husk. It's very quick. I let my bunnies kill the first half or first quarter but that part I also find pretty easy anyway. Then I put the bramble armor plus thucelite crown on and just go to town on her. I prefer this method of farming since I probably only kill her twice a year. From half-health it takes about 1.5 crowns and 2 bramble armors to kill her. Not bad considering thats 24-27 jelly beans. I have trouble keeping BQ walled off using the boat method And even having 20+ bunnies just gets her halfway killed. 

• Sanity 1

On 3/4/2024 at 1:21 AM, Dr.Webber said:

Klei made a game called Oxygen Not Included where you command a colony of Duplicants. The saddupe reaction is a Duplicant who is sad. Wait, is Duplicant a proper noun? Is it duplicant or Duplicant?

Anyways the Duplicants/duplicants are extremely expressive and it is really funny.

• Sad Dupe 1
  • GL Happy 1

If Wortox can use souls to soul hop anywhere he wants.. why does he not have something cool combat wise, like a Teleporting strike attack where he warps to an enemies location hits them & warps away? And do you think it’s possible he COULD get something like this in his skill tree?

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Wavey 1

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If Wortox can use souls to soul hop anywhere he wants.. why does he not have something cool combat wise, like a Teleporting strike attack where he warps to an enemies location hits them & warps away? And do you think it’s possible he COULD get something like this in his skill tree?

wortox skill tree perhaps.

wortox is weak aside from transportation anyways, so i don't see why he doesn't get a good skilltree.

• Like 1

I have a question to ask that isn’t directly related to DST, but has anyone ever played a game called “The Survivalists”? How much is that like DST? From watching trailers for it it looks like it’ll be similar to DST mixed with Minecraft- But it will have the combat and trapped temples that DST is lacking.

It’s on sale right now for 5$ so I might just bite the bullet and check it out, I can’t get my family to play DST due to it having too many complex & confusing mechanics, but maybe this game would be similar to DST but easier to get my family into.

The graphics for it look really cute and you can hire follower monkeys like the pigs/Merms of dst.

• Wavey 1

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have a question to ask that isn’t directly related to DST, but has anyone ever played a game called “The Survivalists”? How much is that like DST? From watching trailers for it it looks like it’ll be similar to DST mixed with Minecraft- But it will have the combat and trapped temples that DST is lacking.

It’s on sale right now for 5$ so I might just bite the bullet and check it out, I can’t get my family to play DST due to it having too many complex & confusing mechanics, but maybe this game would be similar to DST but easier to get my family into.

The graphics for it look really cute and you can hire follower monkeys like the pigs/Merms of dst.

Tried it when was released. It needed a lot of QoL because using the monkeys was annoying and there where certain stuff that i can't remeber that I didnt enjoy

I know they added more stuff after i dropped it so maybe they changed and improved the stuff that was annoying

The concept was cool and had potential so maybe today is a good game 

• Thanks 1