Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

5 hours ago, WenericMember said:

A bunch of items that you don't see out of inventory (I get why these don't need skins)

• Woodie Idols

We need skins for the wereforms klei please!

Also when Webber's rework was announced and they said we could decorate spider dens, I really wanted klei to give us some spider den skins.

Specially since we got other "naturally generated" item skins (like gravestones, touch stones, cave entrances)

Also also, I'd buy wanda's watches skins. Specially If they had different particle effects like the canes and dark swords.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

We need skins for the wereforms klei please!

Also when Webber's rework was announced and they said we could decorate spider dens, I really wanted klei to give us some spider den skins.

Specially since we got other "naturally generated" item skins (like gravestones, touch stones, cave entrances)

Also also, I'd buy wanda's watches skins. Specially If they had different particle effects like the canes and dark swords.

Looks like great minds think alike I have this Webber thread that I also use as a hub for other trends Including some skin thread I think you’ll like

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well Tommorows the last day to release roadmap in January, so unless it was delayed.. I think we should all be asking- Wheres Roadmap? ;) 

It might be delayed as they re-work their release schedule.  One of the hot issues last year was whether their release schedule was too rushed or not.  I could see them delaying this b/c they aren't just deciding content but possibly re-working release schedules.

30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well Tommorows the last day to release roadmap in January, so unless it was delayed.. I think we should all be asking- Wheres Roadmap? ;) 

I don't think the roadmap will come until they release the YOTD update, which could be for another month. Probably announcing the next beta after the lunar new year update if I had to guess

1 minute ago, JadedMeiji said:

Speaking of, is there any idea on when the YOTD will release? I thought it would be out this week or at least some teasers? But maybe I am just eager for it like a child leading up to Christmas

Unless some serious delays happen, the next Twitch drop is the annual yearly stupid Valentine’s Day heart skin.

I hate Valentine’s Day with a burning passion, in fact I used to boycott the entire month of February with my grandpa- because he couldn’t spend it with the woman he loved & neither could I. I don’t regret those boycotts, we got to spend a ton of time each year together right up till he got sick & passed.

But still I hate Valentine’s Day, and every year I dread when Klei reminds me of its existence with the new Telltale Heart skin.

Thing is- V-Day is only 15 Days Away, and unless they just opt to NOT do a skin this year- That Twitch Drop has to go live soon.

So I’m gonna guess Year of Dragon will start this or next Thursday.

I was highly hoping we would get the 2024 roadmap today, or at the very least- JoeWs annual teaser announcement “Update coming next week!”

• Shopcat 1

On 1/30/2024 at 3:29 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Unless some serious delays happen, the next Twitch drop is the annual yearly stupid Valentine’s Day heart skin.

I hate Valentine’s Day with a burning passion, in fact I used to boycott the entire month of February with my grandpa- because he couldn’t spend it with the woman he loved & neither could I. I don’t regret those boycotts, we got to spend a ton of time each year together right up till he got sick & passed.

But still I hate Valentine’s Day, and every year I dread when Klei reminds me of its existence with the new Telltale Heart skin.

Thing is- V-Day is only 15 Days Away, and unless they just opt to NOT do a skin this year- That Twitch Drop has to go live soon.

So I’m gonna guess Year of Dragon will start this or next Thursday.

I was highly hoping we would get the 2024 roadmap today, or at the very least- JoeWs annual teaser announcement “Update coming next week!”

I am sorry to hear your dislike for it! I dont personally celebrate it ... unless you count the discount chocolates the next day :love_heart: That said I like the skins just for the option to have something different. 

Jaded's dumb question of the day... Lureplants on Docks specifically ones close to shore with normal turf will this still generate eyeplants? I cannot find anything about docks just boats and the crafted turfs etc on the wiki

1 hour ago, JadedMeiji said:

Lureplants on Docks specifically ones close to shore with normal turf will this still generate eyeplants? I cannot find anything about docks just boats and the crafted turfs etc on the wiki

yes. if its still range of the spawner of the eye it will spawn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry but I have two questions. My first question is does anyone think brightshade armor and weapons are actually worth it? I'm currently playing Willow on a console and I honestly think that glasscutters are cheaper, easier to make and would prefer more defense (like a crown + bone armor) than the minuscule damage increase because the latency on the Switch can get really bad. The one weapon console players do need however is the brightshade staff for AFW. So it's actually not a bad idea to have rifts open early if you plan on killing AFW within the first winter or summer. 

I have been a little disappointed with late game options for Willow. Against most bosses she seems to be Wilson-like. I was just wondering if there was a list out there that listed which bosses burning frenzy would work on. I know that some bosses don't catch on fire at all but they still suffer from Willow's bonus damage? Or am I wrong there.  

5 minutes ago, loonreaper said:

I have been a little disappointed with late game options for Willow. Against most bosses she seems to be Wilson-like.

This has not been my experience at all tbh. The majority of bosses r flammable.

Off the top of my head the fire immune bosses r: daywalker, AFW, CC, CK, DFLY, sharkboy, (+- malba) and shadow pieces

And even against these u still have other unique approaches other than burning frenzy like Bernie vs AFW, CC, DFLY and shadow pieces. And shadow fire against all of them. 

AFW and DFLY in particular are two important fire immune bosses where the rest of willow’s kit still makes a huge difference. And CC too with shadow fire.

And bosses aside, fire fundamentally changes and basically trivializes the overwhelming majority of all non boss mob fights so i think willows combat powers r more than fine. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

Off the top of my head the fire immune bosses r: daywalker, AFW, CC, CK, DFLY, sharkboy, (+- malba) and shadow pieces

Burning Frenzy's damage boost is very bad against planar, so add all of those to the list.  Its also pretty worthless when you're using planar weapons, so if you switch to BS stuff you can drop the skill entirely.

Lunar flame is really good against the tattered trio though.  Unlike the shadow pieces they don't reset health when one dies, so the AOE is very beneficial as well as type damage.  They are also pretty easy to line up to hit multiple of them in a single cast.

In Klaus fight you can light the blue gemdeer on fire to prevent cold spell casts.  Anyone can do this, but Willow has extra burn duration so she gets a bigger window without the spell.  It makes the fight more comfy if you're doing it in Winter b/c you never get chilled.

Bernie is useful for Dfly.  The lavae will change aggro to him, and once all of them are summoned and following Bernie you can flute the dfly and lunar flame the lavae to clear them, then continue fighting.  Saves on ice staff / walls.  You might be able to just let them all pop, but idk if Bernie would survive a full fight tanking them out.

idk how Bernie helps for AFW, CC, or CK though...

Edited by Yuuko
  • Spooky 1

8 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

idk how Bernie helps for AFW, CC, or CK though...

I found bernie very helpful vs afw because he lets u do the entire fight fully insane without being bothered by nightmares and he +- keeps FW’s aggro on him which gives u time/space to kill the hands and decreases the chance of FW walking into random heals. I did the fight with darkswords and both dreadstone pieces, fully tanking him after phase 1.

Not needing to bother with stuff like glass cutters/BQ crown/thul gear/ sanity food/ purple amulet felt reallyyyyyy nice. 

i did it with lunar alignment for the 10% dmg but in hindsight i think shadow fire would have been better to add big burst damage between shield phases. 

——

Bernie cant be slept by the sleep snares of P3 CC so its just free extra dps. I dont remember how he affected CC’s aggro but it definitely wasnt detrimental and he did not die. But the bigger willow perk vs CC is shadow fire. 

——

i didnt say bernie was good vs CK. I said against CK u could use shadow fire, but the claws in the background might interfere. I just used 15 bunnymen + scythe + cowl. I was shadow aligned too but i didnt think to use shadow fire since that many bunnymen melted him in no time.

30 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Burning Frenzy's damage boost is very bad against planar, so add all of those to the list.  Its also pretty worthless when you're using planar weapons, so if you switch to BS stuff you can drop the skill entirely.

Idk precisely how much it ends up being vs planar entities with a planar weapon but the buff is so easy to get its basically free damage. And combined with the DoT from the fire itself (with the skill) i dont think its too shabby. Lit brightshades + BF + scythe/cowl melt incredibly fast.

IIRC u can hit over 100 vs zombosses with shadow alignment, BF, Scythe+cowl. 

Vs non planar entities with planar weapons the buff turns the 38 physical dmg of both Scythe and BSword into 47.5 which again i dont think is bad at all considering how easy and cheap it is to get. I love the big numbers it gives to the scythe :lol:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Idk precisely how much it ends up being vs planar entities with a planar weapon but the buff is so easy to get its basically free damage. And combined with the DoT from the fire itself (with the skill) i dont think its too shabby. Lit brightshades + BF + scythe/cowl melt incredibly fast.

The damage mod only effects raw damage, which is decreased against planar enemies.  Planar damage is unaffected.  This is why lunar / shadow flame don't work very well with damage boosting abilities, it just doesn't pay out.  If you get a free cast in go ahead I guess, but if you would miss even a single attack in casting BF then you're probably losing damage as it might only add 5~10 damage per attack meaning you gotta hit like 10~20 times just to break even.

I said against CK u could use shadow fire,

I was really disappointed that lunar flame didn't disrupt his healing..  idk that I'd use either on CK b/c I think his healing is the biggest issue with his fight and neither address that.  Keep him from healing and his health isn't that bad...  But yeah, it is type damage against him too.  Maybe if I was in a group of ppl doing CK I'd think to pack this with.

I found bernie very helpful vs afw because he lets u do the entire fight fully insane without being bothered by nightmares and he +- keeps FW’s aggro on him which gives u time/space to kill the hands and decreases the chance of FW walking into random heals

idk when I used Bernie it made it impossible to kite AFW around so I had to use weather pains constantly to wipe out the wovens.  I like to kite AFW around instead of spamming weather pains, it cuts down on how much I need to farm to do the fight.  You're using weather pains with this?  idk, I might try it.  I haven't done the fight fully insane, it might be interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

You're using weather pains with this?  idk, I might try it.  I haven't done the fight fully insane, it might be interesting.

Yes, i brought two WPs but ended up only using 1 fully. But i like to be safe and dont mind spamming it, someone with more practice vs fw might do it more economically. 

And also ~80% of a lazy explorer. Idk precisely cuz i think i used it once or twice before i got into the arena and i only have a screenshot i took at the end of the fight :lol: with 15% left. 

On the armors i ended with 10% on both. 

so 1 lazy explorer, 1 WP, 2 darkswords, dreadstone set, bernie and some pierogi. 

i dropped a second small bernie at the start just to be safe for nightmares but idk if it was helpful since im pretty sure it ended up walking into fw and tanking the same swings with big bernie so the small one died. 

Im bad at fw without BS staff but this strat was really easy and fun. 

• Like 1

Back with another question... The boat carousels I think I saw something that said this isnt doable anymore? I also cannot find any walkthroughs on how to set up large carousels in the middle of a donut world but there is one video (I think from 2022) that showed it possible. 

I cant wrap my brain around where and how you place the boats to get it started.. the written how to for the video was very simple place the first boat then all the others in a circle and then add the magnets start rowing and eventually they will build up speed and start the circle however there didnt look to be that many boats in the video for the entire donut... the outer edge is cleared of obstacles but I havent started the docks or boats because I am really not sure how I would get all of them measured and set properly to create the loop. 

If its not possible anymore the post is mostly a waste but if someone understands it and it still functions may I have some insights?

I will still need to grind out some more wires (pretty sure) but I kind of need a rough estimate before I really start grinding and setting up.

Just love the idea and at a point it would be a fun addition to the world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JadedMeiji said:

Back with another question... The boat carousels I think I saw something that said this isnt doable anymore? I also cannot find any walkthroughs on how to set up large carousels in the middle of a donut world but there is one video (I think from 2022) that showed it possible. 

I cant wrap my brain around where and how you place the boats to get it started.. the written how to for the video was very simple place the first boat then all the others in a circle and then add the magnets start rowing and eventually they will build up speed and start the circle however there didnt look to be that many boats in the video for the entire donut... the outer edge is cleared of obstacles but I havent started the docks or boats because I am really not sure how I would get all of them measured and set properly to create the loop. 

If its not possible anymore the post is mostly a waste but if someone understands it and it still functions may I have some insights?

I will still need to grind out some more wires (pretty sure) but I kind of need a rough estimate before I really start grinding and setting up.

Just love the idea and at a point it would be a fun addition to the world.

Well there isn’t really a reason why it wouldn’t work anymore, because as far as I know, not a single thing has changed regarding nautopilots since that video, BUT I would 100% test it out beforehand on a smaller scale perhaps in a test world even of you have access to console commands. 

Same goes for seeing if it works on such a huge scale in a test world perhaps, because its so costly that finding out live that it doesn’t work would straight up be a tragedy.

From the information I could gather about this concept there isn’t apparently a “limit” on how big the carousel can be, since the boats apparently stay loaded forever and the pairing only breaks of the last boat gets too far from the first one, so you gotta keep them close when you’re setting the carousel into motion for the first time with a sail.

Not to discourage you from doing this massive project but, there may be a few possible risks/downsides that you may have to take into account, such as:   
-You will probably have to have absolutely zero obstacles on the entire part of the ocean where you are setting the carousel up, unless you find another way to set the carousel up   
-Its probably more costly than just straight up building docks to be honest and is more troublesome, but the carousel is pretty I gotta admit lol, it’s undeniably more niece than “cost effective/worth the effort” but again it’s pretty XD   
-Since it stays loaded forever, it may be possible that it could cause SERIOUS lag to the server, but it’s not confirmed, so take your chances (use test world if you are on PC)

Also, do me a small favor, and if you decide to commit to the project then, maybe post some results if you remember one day. It could help out other people a ton with the same idea in mind, since there is so little information about this concept on the internet.

That’s it, and I wish you luck on your not-so little carousel project! :encouragement:

• Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 5:44 PM, Kubicska said:

Well there isn’t really a reason why it wouldn’t work anymore, because as far as I know, not a single thing has changed regarding nautopilots since that video, BUT I would 100% test it out beforehand on a smaller scale perhaps in a test world even of you have access to console commands. 

Same goes for seeing if it works on such a huge scale in a test world perhaps, because its so costly that finding out live that it doesn’t work would straight up be a tragedy.

From the information I could gather about this concept there isn’t apparently a “limit” on how big the carousel can be, since the boats apparently stay loaded forever and the pairing only breaks of the last boat gets too far from the first one, so you gotta keep them close when you’re setting the carousel into motion for the first time with a sail.

Not to discourage you from doing this massive project but, there may be a few possible risks/downsides that you may have to take into account, such as:   
-You will probably have to have absolutely zero obstacles on the entire part of the ocean where you are setting the carousel up, unless you find another way to set the carousel up   
-Its probably more costly than just straight up building docks to be honest and is more troublesome, but the carousel is pretty I gotta admit lol, it’s undeniably more niece than “cost effective/worth the effort” but again it’s pretty XD   
-Since it stays loaded forever, it may be possible that it could cause SERIOUS lag to the server, but it’s not confirmed, so take your chances (use test world if you are on PC)

Also, do me a small favor, and if you decide to commit to the project then, maybe post some results if you remember one day. It could help out other people a ton with the same idea in mind, since there is so little information about this concept on the internet.

That’s it, and I wish you luck on your not-so little carousel project! :encouragement:

Sadly console commands is not an option since I am on xbox. 

And thats why I wanted to ask more questions because if I do it I will have to be all in. Lag may be a problem but aside from "base tours" its a solo world and usually I do not have too many problems (knock on wood). It is only a little over a 1000 days old and its as close to creative mode on console as I can get (pretty much turning everything off and to autumn only / day only because its just a building world.)

I suppose I could take one of the other abandoned save files and see if I could do the small test first and work out some of the kinks of starting it.

Also I am not sure I can clear all the obstacles and whereas I would love to just have one giant carousel I think it would actually need to be a couple smaller ones that maybe come close enough to each other to switch "lifts" Pearls island, shark boi and also the waterlogged, salt brine and sea weeds are all in the center.

But if I do ever do it and it works I will share. Its just such a cool idea and this world really isnt for practicality its been my fun little project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, somethin said:

When Willow ride a beefalo, do that beefalo still take damage from fire?

no, since you technically become a combined entity

you can actually set a beefalo on fire before mounting it to set willow on fire while she's mounted, its pretty interesting 

Not a question, but not deserving of it's own thread.

Boulder_Bell_Icon.webp.fe8cc9d5fe89ac24389f9177c85c512b.webp

I love this thing. Since I weaved it, I haven't used it once. I mean, if someone wanted to use one in a mighty gym, the lunatic would have to track all the way to the archives or wait until summer to get a cave-in boulder, just to get a weight that is worse than an easily available statue. It wouldn't really fit into most decorative builds, either. So, when I first saw it, I just had to get it! It's still in my inventory, collecting dust, looking all ugly.

Edited by Cockroach Lily
  • Health 1

When someone builds a massive bridge over water, I’ve never done that so I have a few questions- How do boats interact with it? Do they smash into it and stop? Or do they float under the bridge like real boats do in RL?

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When someone builds a massive bridge over water, I’ve never done that so I have a few questions- How do boats interact with it? Do they smash into it and stop? Or do they float under the bridge like real boats do in RL?

I'm guessing you mean a dock bridge? If so then they crash into it like normal land 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1